Do You Ride Horses? V.4

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Do You Ride Horses? V.4

Postby YeehawYall » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:14 pm

hey wondering if anyone wants to be friends so i can stop bothering my friends with talking about horses :lol: I train and do a little bit of everything, but with focus on gaming and ranch/reining right now. hopefully will be starting jumping lessons soon on my bosses horse! I might be leasing out my horse and getting another project horse to use for ohset this year! :thumbup:
ImageImage
ImageImage
YeehawYall

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BDGumball » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:10 pm

Well, hi there everyone! Glad to see there are people just as crazy as me. Guess I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi. I'm still an intermediate student, but I've got my eye set on 3 day eventing. I actually start with a new teacher tomorrow (kinda nervous haha). I've been riding for about 3 years now and I'm just starting to really get that rider butt. I absolutely adore older horses, especially ones that don't get much attention. I'd love to make a few english/riding friends, so dont be afraid to pm me!
..Image
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hi! You can call me BD. xx

I know everyone says this but

I love getting random messages.

Lights off!.x

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝙷𝙾𝙿𝙴 ! ! ! xx.xx░░░███

𝙷𝙾𝙿𝙴 ! ! ! xx.xx░░░███

xxx𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧xxx ░░░███
xxImage
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
xxxx|| Carrd || credit ||
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
𝚃𝙴𝙻𝙻𝚂 ! ! ! 𝚃𝙴𝙻𝙻𝚂 ! ! ! 𝚃𝙴𝙻𝙻𝚂 ! ! !
𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘴𝘯'𝘵
xxx.xxImage
BDGumball

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunny*days*ahead » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:43 am

IzzyDean!!! wrote:hey wondering if anyone wants to be friends so i can stop bothering my friends with talking about horses :lol: I train and do a little bit of everything, but with focus on gaming and ranch/reining right now. hopefully will be starting jumping lessons soon on my bosses horse! I might be leasing out my horse and getting another project horse to use for ohset this year! :thumbup:

jumping lessons are gonna be so much fun, you'll love it! :clap: I've never heard of ohset before, is that a specific event? It sounds interesting!

BDGumball wrote:Well, hi there everyone! Glad to see there are people just as crazy as me. Guess I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi. I'm still an intermediate student, but I've got my eye set on 3 day eventing. I actually start with a new teacher tomorrow (kinda nervous haha). I've been riding for about 3 years now and I'm just starting to really get that rider butt. I absolutely adore older horses, especially ones that don't get much attention. I'd love to make a few english/riding friends, so dont be afraid to pm me!

Good luck with your new teacher, that's super exciting! 3 day evening will definitely speed up the process of getting the rider butt. xD

Welcome you guys!! <3
_
"Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."- Proverbs 16:24

sunny*days*ahead

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby valyri » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:28 am

Hello everyone :) I've been riding for thirteen years now. I don't own a horse (yet) but I've ridden in dressage and trained horses as well so I'm happy to be here. I've been on a little break from riding though due to exams and life in general, but I'll hopefully get back to it later this year. Nice to meet you all!
valyri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BDGumball » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:57 pm

valyri wrote:Hello everyone :) I've been riding for thirteen years now. I don't own a horse (yet) but I've ridden in dressage and trained horses as well so I'm happy to be here. I've been on a little break from riding though due to exams and life in general, but I'll hopefully get back to it later this year. Nice to meet you all!

Nice to meet you! 13 years is quite a while, you probably know a ton! Do you show? If so, how far have you gotten?
..Image
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hi! You can call me BD. xx

I know everyone says this but

I love getting random messages.

Lights off!.x

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝙷𝙾𝙿𝙴 ! ! ! xx.xx░░░███

𝙷𝙾𝙿𝙴 ! ! ! xx.xx░░░███

xxx𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧xxx ░░░███
xxImage
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
xxxx|| Carrd || credit ||
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
𝚃𝙴𝙻𝙻𝚂 ! ! ! 𝚃𝙴𝙻𝙻𝚂 ! ! ! 𝚃𝙴𝙻𝙻𝚂 ! ! !
𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘴𝘯'𝘵
xxx.xxImage
BDGumball

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby acronymm » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:59 pm

Hello fellow equine lovers c: I love horses, obviously how could you not, I've been riding for about 15 years now and I currently own two horses. A 4 year old Arabian x TB x QH filly named Aspen, and a 9 year old Kiger Mustang gelding named Chai! ❤️ It's lovely to meet everyone who also loves this sport.

about wrote:
hey there!
acro/lyn ▴ she/they
feel free to send me a message, im friendly!
████████████
████████████
━━━━━ 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████

status wrote:
on
and off
doing oekaki things
xxxx♡ ♡

━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐬 𝐚
acronymm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby valyri » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:55 am

BDGumball wrote:
valyri wrote:Hello everyone :) I've been riding for thirteen years now. I don't own a horse (yet) but I've ridden in dressage and trained horses as well so I'm happy to be here. I've been on a little break from riding though due to exams and life in general, but I'll hopefully get back to it later this year. Nice to meet you all!

Nice to meet you! 13 years is quite a while, you probably know a ton! Do you show? If so, how far have you gotten?

Wellll, I know a bit but I'm constantly learning through research and personal experience :D I was taught in very classical ways but I've changed my methods quite drastically so I'm still learning how to use more modern methods of training and riding, and experimenting with using them. The past few years have been a HUGE learning experience! I've showed a little bit but nothing too fancy or big. I don't really think showing is for me, to be honest. Maybe I'll learn to like it eventually... who knows?
valyri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby paleosuchus » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:34 am

My old lease, Freeda, is starting to get better so I rode her and trotted her for the first time in a couple months. Mainly beginner riders were walking her so she really did not want to trot and it took her a while to comply but she eventually got it and did amazing! I've been riding a shorter horse for so long now that I forgot how tall Freeda was and almost fell dismounting lol.
Been riding for about 4 months now (IIRC) and am starting to get an impressive riding sock collection. Just bought my first saddle pad so excited for that to come in. I've been using the school pads til now.
Selene . they/them
aries . adult
Hoarding the Halloween’22 gummy snakes!
Stay foolish to Stay sane

Pet's name: Gumsworth, Lord of the Gumlings
credit . link . hoard
paleosuchus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -Compass- » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:04 am

snap- I have also been riding 13 years now! riding time twins.
-Compass-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sforzando. » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:46 am

anyone have tips for keeping your legs still when riding? I've always noticed that my lower leg moves when posting. I thought it was me relying on my stirrups but I work twice a week at posting with a bareback pad to try to try and help but even without stirrups I find my lower leg moving excessively.

I've also started noticing I can't keep my feet in the stirrups when transitioning from trot to canter. My feet fall out almost immediately, no matter how hard I straighten my legs. but it only happens during that transition, if I do a walk to canter transition I can keep my stirrups and when cantering I can keep my stirrups, so if anyone has any tips for that I'll love you forever

thanks guys c:
elder scrolls instagram acc.
ImageImage
central time. not very active anymore. 911 dispatcher irl.
sforzando.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me