Do You Ride Horses? V.4

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Do You Ride Horses? V.4

Postby Huggles » Tue May 01, 2018 9:02 am

Luzien wrote:@
King Kakashi
Three more days. Three more days with my beautiful girl before I have to say goodbye to her and the one passion that kept me going.
I'm not sure what I'm going to do without riding in my life. The closer I get to the end of the month, the sadder I'm becoming. I didn't think it would hit me this hard.

not sure if i know what happens with this mare, if you did write about this...does your lease end or is she sold? you still could visit her then, even walk her now an then.
make the best of the time you have together.
and you could find a new horse or lease again one day :)

Now, idk if you lease or own or whats going on, but I am in about the same position . Ive been leasing my pretty girl for close to a year now, and I have to leave due to drama at the barn :( dumb reason to leave such a good relationship. Im not planning on leasing again, but im hoping to maybe own. I hope you get a chance to find a new partner again soon!
Im quitting and ISO art! Link to refs and cs thread
Huggles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mothmanofficial » Tue May 01, 2018 1:15 pm

I have no horse yet. But last week, my friend's riding stable was selling her dream horse and her dad bought it. He is nothing special, just a big old pinto draft mix, but he rides so nice and I must say I am jealous. Anyway, I should start up riding soon now that IEA (interscholastic equestrian association) showing is over and my riding instructor has a more free schedule. I used to ride until I broke my foot last Summer, so it has been a while and I will be glad to get back in the saddle. My sister has been riding and showing though.

╔══════════════════════════════╗
Ace | He/him| INFP | Avatar FAQ | Carrd
╚══════════════════════════════╝

╔═════════════════════════╗
My head is filled with bees and all of
them are playing the trombone feature
from Phantom Regiment's 2023 show
|Thanks for coming to my TED talk|

╚═════════════════════════╝

Mothmanofficial

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tenturo » Sun May 06, 2018 3:58 am

[ -- ; s m a l l t a l k ; -- ]

heck ive been so quiet on this thread ! how are all of you doing ? it's finally getting warm here and im loving it !

[ -- ; f r e e t o a n s w e r q u e s t i o n s ; -- ]

just thought i'd throw in some questions the community can answer to bring some activity !
        Code: Select all
        [b]-; do you ever make home-made treats for your horse(s) ? if so , what ?[/b]

[b]-; what fun toys / treats do you supply in the summertime to keep your equine friends occupied when they arent being ridden ?[/b]

[b]-; did your location basically skip spring as well ?  what effect has the weather had for you & your horse(s) during these odd spring months ?[/b]

[b]-; what's your favorite place to shop for tack online (if you do) ?[/b]

[b]-; what are some new things you're interested in trying this summer with your horse(s) ?[/b]

[ -- ; u p d a t e s ; -- ]

alrighty ! this weekend was finally warm enough to get out and ride , as it's finally not raining or snowing . my best friend hannah came over both saturday and sunday from 7 am to 12:30 pm to help out both days , which was amazing ! she's been out every weekend to aid me in working with my horses - especially sassy , which has allowed me to get a lot of work done ! it's really helpful having another person on the ground or riding gus to keep him away and not as a distraction to sassy . we got her lunged and did ground work and we actually got another ride in on her , which. , of course was nerve wracking given how she is .
        she still obviously needs a ton of work but i'm learning new methods and trying new things so hopefully that will help ! would anyone be interested in video(s) of how she does with riding or her spooks about sprays or anything ? nothing i see online really shows a nervous / scared horse so i'm not sure how to go about it with her , i'd love a bit more feedback . i can go into detail too about issues if that may help anyone ! i've also got pictures to add in , so i'll put those next 💛
        Image Image

[ -- ; r e p l i e s ; -- ]

@Sparkfire ;; Ah , im sorry about your foot !! but congrats to your friend , and i'm excited for you to get back to riding again ! i hope you have a blast , i cant wait to hear about it !
        @King Kakashi ;; as with everyone else i'm unsure what's happening but i'm awfully sorry , dear . i hope any issues can be sorted out and hopefully you'll find a new way to resume your passion again !
        @Neverland ;; ah congratulations on getting back into riding soon ! i hope you enjoy it !

there are some matters in replies i'd like to touch on but they seem to be getting their spur of activity and i dont want to make this post too terribly long ,

░░
    i promise
    ────────────────────────────
    l
    tenturo
    she / her
    gemini
    ⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯
    i am
    ⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯
    pansexual
    infp-t
    active
    ┌─── ── ── ── ── ── ── ── ── ── ─┐
    [url]comms[/url] ⋅ kalscredit ⋅ [url]n/a[/url] ⋅ to-do

└─ ── ── ── ── ── ── ── ── ── ───┘
    '┌─ ── ── ── ─┐
    '│─ ── ││ ── ─│
    '└─ ── ── ── ─┘
    ███
    ███
    ┌─ ── ── ── ─┐
    │─ ── ││ ── ─│
    └─ ── ── ── ─┘

'───────────────────────────────'
    worthy!!lxworthy!!
    [ ─`;.-' TO HOLD ─ ]l
    ┌ ┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄ ┐
    you matter
    sleepy
    pms open <3
    comms open
    └ ┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄ ┘
    ── in your ───
    [`arms.❜'

tenturo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nicolettexx » Sun May 06, 2018 5:51 am

i don’t really get on here much, but i saw this in my recents so decided to post!
    i recently had hip surgery about 2 weeks ago i so i’m unable to ride for about 3 months or so :/ and of course as soon as i got my surgery the weather started getting really nice! i’ll miss the majority of show season so that reallly sucks and i’m really bummed that i can’t ride for most of the summer :(
    hopefully everything heals faster than planned though and i’ll be able to ride sooner !
nicolettexx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Sun May 06, 2018 6:32 am

Tenturo wrote:
        [ -- ; s m a l l t a l k ; -- ]

heck ive been so quiet on this thread ! how are all of you doing ? it's finally getting warm here and im loving it !

[ -- ; u p d a t e s ; -- ]

alrighty ! this weekend was finally warm enough to get out and ride , as it's finally not raining or snowing . my best friend hannah came over both saturday and sunday from 7 am to 12:30 pm to help out both days , which was amazing ! she's been out every weekend to aid me in working with my horses - especially sassy , which has allowed me to get a lot of work done ! it's really helpful having another person on the ground or riding gus to keep him away and not as a distraction to sassy . we got her lunged and did ground work and we actually got another ride in on her , which. , of course was nerve wracking given how she is .
        she still obviously needs a ton of work but i'm learning new methods and trying new things so hopefully that will help ! would anyone be interested in video(s) of how she does with riding or her spooks about sprays or anything ? nothing i see online really shows a nervous / scared horse so i'm not sure how to go about it with her , i'd love a bit more feedback . i can go into detail too about issues if that may help anyone ! i've also got pictures to add in , so i'll put those next 💛
        *snipp as still same page^^*

there are some matters in replies i'd like to touch on but they seem to be getting their spur of activity and i dont want to make this post too terribly long ,

she looks real nice in the moment :D
i find it great how you work wth her and try out new things :!:
sure it would be nice to see videos of her and how she works, or even her spooks with the spray :)
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SpoonfulOfNutmeg » Mon May 07, 2018 1:22 am

Hi!
Was wondering if anyone could answer a question I have or if anyone is in a similar situation. So, there are not many barns doing western around me, but the ones that do ask outrageous lesson prices(or maybe they’re normal, but I can’t afford them). I’ve known some people who have asked to do barn chores in exchange for lessons which seems like a good idea, but I’m under sixteen and in my state anyone at that age needs a work permit to work. Would I need a work permit since I’m not exactly working for money? Also, does anyone have any tips for going about asking for this arrangement? Thanks in advance!
SpoonfulOfNutmeg

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Faded... » Tue May 08, 2018 4:08 am

-; do you ever make home-made treats for your horse(s) ? if so , what ?I haven't i should though!!

-; what fun toys / treats do you supply in the summertime to keep your equine friends occupied when they arent being ridden ?Our horses are turned out in a fairly large pasture and we rotate them every week so we don't do toys and stuff.

-; did your location basically skip spring as well ? what effect has the weather had for you & your horse(s) during these odd spring months ?Yeah, it sorta like snowed and then went to warm enough to go swimming in our lake... so lol their just shedding fast lol

-; what's your favorite place to shop for tack online (if you do) ? StateLineTack For sure!

-; what are some new things you're interested in trying this summer with your horse(s) ?Im really working on getting his head down and getting him less buddy sour.

This was fun, thanks!
┌─────❤────┐
└─────❤────┘
─────────────
𝓒𝓱𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓪𝓷.
𝓘𝓷𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓼- 𝓗𝓸𝓻𝓼𝓮𝓼
𝓰𝓸𝓪𝓽𝓼- 𝓶𝔂𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓻𝔂 𝓫𝓸𝓸𝓴𝓼
𝓓𝓻𝓪𝔀𝓲𝓷𝓰 - 𝓓𝓪𝓷𝓬𝓲𝓷𝓰.
─────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
xxxxxxxxxx
I asked Jesus "How
much do you love
me?" Jesus replied,
"this much". He stret-
ched his arms on the
cross and
died.
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
Heyo! im Faded...
Im very friendly and
an extrovert most of the time.
Well don't have much
friends so i always love
a pm.Trades have been
slow lately so send one.
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
Faded...

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hime » Tue May 08, 2018 5:53 am

*crawls out of a hole and is totally avoiding one last essay*
Not doing all of these, but here's few...
-; do you ever make home-made treats for your horse(s) ? if so , what ? Nope, too much hassle and I'm not really sure how long would such stay good anyway, so I stick to carrots, dry bread or bought treats for my horses.

-; what's your favorite place to shop for tack online (if you do) ? Mainly Horze I think, and usually only when I have discount coupon or they have sale. I'm not huge fan of online tack shopping to be honest, like I prefer to get my hands on products before buying them. But occasionally I can't find what I need in stock at the store so i have to rely on online store. Horze also has so much wider selection of stuff online than they have at stock in their stores.

-; what are some new things you're interested in trying this summer with your horse(s) ? Not really sure will I be doing anything new, lot of old things to work on. Well, one thing I do want to try with Tý is to get him into the lake. But he thinks the lake is a big moster that will surely eat him even if we are meters away, so we'll see how that's going to end up... ^^; I'd also need to work on getting him used to cars on trails somehow. It's funny as he doesn't mind them that much when on the yard, but as soon as we are out on the road/trails it's totally different thing.
Can we pretend that the airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars?
I could really use a wish right now, wish right now, wish right now...
Hime

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby northy. » Tue May 08, 2018 6:30 am

-; do you ever make home-made treats for your horse(s) ? if so , what ?
    if i had my own horse i would totally make so many home made horse treats, might make some for friends horses in the summer :)
    right now i stick to low sugar pre-made ones, and carrots as a few of the horses I work with have weight issues.

-; what fun toys / treats do you supply in the summertime to keep your equine friends occupied when they aren't being ridden ?
    this is another 'if i had a horse' response. I'd make icy fruit/veg treats to help cool down as well as being something fun and enriching. i would love to try play with some toys such as yoga balls, bridges, even something as simple as a swinging toy. anything to keep them occupied is the goal :) obviously some toys require supervisions but I love a bit of DIY and love to see the response from the horses. i'd probably try out a jolly ball too!

-; what's your favorite place to shop for tack online (if you do) ?
    i really like kramer. they have loads of well priced options, including some bitless options which i love!
    i tend to prefer to see the item in person, but since i am into bitless and synthetic, its hard to find local places that do that in an area where traditional riding is all that is known.

-; what are some new things you're interested in trying this summer with your horse(s) ?
    i may have a loan pony this summer, but so far its not going too well :/. i hope things improve so i can go riding and to the stables more. i hope to help out at a variety of yards and start jumping as it is something i have never gotten the chance to do.
northy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wren, » Tue May 08, 2018 9:26 am

GUYS

MY IHSA COACH LANDED ARIAT AS A SPONSOR AND I GOT OVER $500 IN GEAR FOR FREE TODAY AND WE GET FREE GEAR 4 TIMES A YEAR NOW
Wren,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me