Do You Ride Horses? V.4

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Do You Ride Horses? V.4

Postby Haze-L-Kitten » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:44 am

That is a basic stock bumper pull trailer and it doesn't look like you have any solid or psychical barriers to separate the horses. If you slant load the horses four will definitely fit. You could possibly squeeze one more in there but that would have to be a good size pony, not a mini.

It would be a safe purchase if it has slanted dividers to separate each horse for a safe travel. Otherwise, I'd keep looking.
Haze-L-Kitten

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hime » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:05 am

drift. wrote:And I do have a question;; Has anyone ever had a horse delivered by a horse delivery service kind of thing? I'm thinking that would be easier than renting a trailer for my truck. Its also a p far drive.

Personally haven't, but know of enough cases to say do you research. Like unless you personally know a driver, ask people who have used such service for recommendations, since there are some fishy ones out there for sure. If it's under day haul, then likely nothing goes terribly wrong when it comes to taking care of the horses (though it's still good to know their equipment are good and safe and they drive nice), but it's nice to have a driver who sticks to schedule and lets you know if they are running late etc.

Haze-L-Kitten wrote:
          That is a basic stock bumper pull trailer and it doesn't look like you have any solid or psychical barriers to separate the horses. If you slant load the horses four will definitely fit. You could possibly squeeze one more in there but that would have to be a good size pony, not a mini.

It would be a safe purchase if it has slanted dividers to separate each horse for a safe travel. Otherwise, I'd keep looking.

Agreed. And to add the front likely has some storage space for tack etc, which is separated by wall from the horse compartment as it should in that type of trailer imo.
Can we pretend that the airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars?
I could really use a wish right now, wish right now, wish right now...
Hime

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Faded... » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:35 pm

@Hime

It has a tack space like a two horse straight load trailer would have. But yeah, I don't think we are gonna get it.
┌─────❤────┐
└─────❤────┘
─────────────
𝓒𝓱𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓪𝓷.
𝓘𝓷𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓼- 𝓗𝓸𝓻𝓼𝓮𝓼
𝓰𝓸𝓪𝓽𝓼- 𝓶𝔂𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓻𝔂 𝓫𝓸𝓸𝓴𝓼
𝓓𝓻𝓪𝔀𝓲𝓷𝓰 - 𝓓𝓪𝓷𝓬𝓲𝓷𝓰.
─────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
xxxxxxxxxx
I asked Jesus "How
much do you love
me?" Jesus replied,
"this much". He stret-
ched his arms on the
cross and
died.
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
Heyo! im Faded...
Im very friendly and
an extrovert most of the time.
Well don't have much
friends so i always love
a pm.Trades have been
slow lately so send one.
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
Faded...

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:20 am

Rainbowhorse77 wrote:@Hime
It has a tack space like a two horse straight load trailer would have. But yeah, I don't think we are gonna get it.

may be right thing not to take this one, looks not like one of the bether ones ...
maybe look at one with progresive floor, diagonal transportation with flexible partitions( most horses even those who hate trailer work nicely with diagonal travel...i think it is more easy to stand and feeling is bether for them ), back and front doors or when really need a door that can become a ramp to unlood horses trough the front or back exit of trailer, sliding widows with bars in front for protection so they cant jump out, light inside

i had a look ,as you seem to look for a bit bigger trailer...
--> maybe look into trailer like...fautras 4horses diagonal or the one for 3horses.(someone in old barn did own one when i remember right, that did look not bad)

or look into pinterest when you know this forum, there you could get an idea for some great to crazy horse trailer...from normal one to those with sleeping area or tent on top or side to a travel paddock set at the trailer and such. ...hope you find one and maybe even show your new trailer :)
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby telekineticelbows » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:40 pm

Any one interested in western riding pm me and lets be friends :D
ImageImage
telekineticelbows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby horsesMC » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:36 am

I have a show coming up in two weeks with my horse Ginger. This is going to be our second show together and there is going to be more horses than last time. Wish me luck, I'll need it.
horsesMC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby warmblood » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:46 am

rode a 18.1hh guy today. pretty big difference from my usual 11hh :lol:
CRAZY ,
┌───────────┐

formerly halø & pills
i enjoy roleplaying, &
playing a large variety
of sports. i ♡ music ;)
i also show jump horses!
i love dogs,and currently i
own a red boston terrier,
feel free to give me a pm, or
send me a trade. I speak
several languages.

└───────────┘
❝ MY REALITY IS ❞
JUSTImage
── FROM YOURS . ──
CRE
DIT

────────
bee!
[[ link here ]]
[[ link here ]]
[[ link here ]]
[[ link here ]]

warmblood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Haze-L-Kitten » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:03 am

pills wrote:rode a 18.1hh guy today. pretty big difference from my usual 11hh :lol:

I love riding big horses. I rode an jumped an oldie one day who was 18+. His name was Barclay but I would've named him Moose! <3 I feel so royal and regal riding them gentle giants.
Haze-L-Kitten

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cactologist » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:13 am

I got a new pair of riding boots for my birthday about a week ago, and today was the only day with decent weather since then, so of course I had to try them out. :D We only have a pony and a Quarter Horse mare, and I don't do anything competitive, but it's always fun to take them out and ride them a little bit.
Cactologist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby warmblood » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:23 am

Haze-L-Kitten wrote:
pills wrote:rode a 18.1hh guy today. pretty big difference from my usual 11hh :lol:

I love riding big horses. I rode an jumped an oldie one day who was 18+. His name was Barclay but I would've named him Moose! <3 I feel so royal and regal riding them gentle giants.

haha, the gelding i rode today's name was Merlin. i was pretty tempted to ride him with a light seat instead of a deep one, as he was much more bouncy than the pony i ride, digger. unfortunately digger got a abscess so his owner gave him the weekend off. merlin was such a sweet angel tho and his canter was sooo smooth and lovely
warmblood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me