The BRODENTS! Rodent Enthusiast Thread!

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

What kinds of rodents do you own?

Chinchilla/s
5%
Degu/s
2%
Gerbil/s
6%
Guinea Pig/s
16%
Hamster/s
18%
Mouse/mice
8%
Rat/s
20%
None :c
20%
None, but I'm getting some soon!
6%

Total votes : 2028

Re: The BRODENTS! Rodent Enthusiast Thread!

Postby lucas. » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:24 pm

Keriae wrote:
    Vet vet vet! Any change of behaviour like this should be seen by a vet.

wish I would’ve been able to take her to the vet again.. sadly about an hour ago she passed away. I’m in disbelief. she was so young. thanks for your help though. the vet would’ve been closed by then anyway ):
i've essentially quit when it comes to most cs things. i'll visit for events to gift away pets but that's about all. however, i may be on for adopts/etc.

current status: probably active.
lucas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MotherMother » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:39 pm

lucas. wrote:
wish I would’ve been able to take her to the vet again.. sadly about an hour ago she passed away. I’m in disbelief. she was so young. thanks for your help though. the vet would’ve been closed by then anyway ):

I'm so sorry for your loss <3
It's possible that she may have had some neurological issues. I've learned that this is often the case with sudden movement problems with no obvious cause (for example if she broke her leg)
Otherwise I suspect more likely that perhaps the excess gas made her stiff and difficult to move.

Again I'm sorry for your loss. Thankfully her pain medication kept her comfortable. Take care <3

------

a
r
t

b
y

K
u
r
a
i.
Image Image
MotherMother

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mediocre mackerel » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:16 am

I'm planning on making fleece bedding for my 2 piggies next week - So, a question to fellow brodents, what does your fleece bedding consist of? I know about the 3 essential layers, top: fleece/layer that lets fluids easily pass through so it can be absorbed by the:, middle: absorbent layer, then theres the bottom: waterproof layer. I've heard that using fleece on both top and bottom layers is okay, but how would that work? how can fleece pass fluids through yet be waterproof? I have no experience on how fleece works ;v;

platy she/her
came back for the oekaki (again)

insta gallery artfight
mediocre mackerel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HowlToTheWind » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:05 pm

I will definitely check out that list as soon as possible :D We went and got our hamster today! She's such a cutie pie <3 her temporary cage is so small though I feel bad cause she's so big compared to our Dwarf who was in there before she passed XD Her name is Blossom and she's a little over 6 weeks old <3 Her siblings are (some of them, it was a huge litter) being sent to the pet store, which is sad because they're probably going to go home with someone who puts them in a horrible environment.... Two of her siblings are staying with the original owner, and some(?) of her siblings went to other people. Blossom was the only white (and grey-brown) one left and I knew it was her when I saw her <3 Her fur is slightly wavy and it is ADORABLE! I'll get some pictures tomorrow if I can hold her haha ❤
HowlToTheWind

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MotherMother » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:25 pm

How exciting! Congrats to the new momma!! What are you going to do with the babies, and how many?

------

a
r
t

b
y

K
u
r
a
i.
Image Image
MotherMother

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby drift. » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:49 pm

look at this adorable furless kid, I think I'll be adopting her soon. She's so sweet <3
but I need a name
drift.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MotherMother » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:10 pm

@drift. what a sweetheart!! She's so adorable ;o; for name suggestions can I just throw out Meatball? XD what a cute wrinkly baby <3

------

a
r
t

b
y

K
u
r
a
i.
Image Image
MotherMother

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby drift. » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:13 pm

@MotherMother the hecc I love meatball so much!! That's such a good name and I know ;~; those wrinkles melt my heart
drift.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MotherMother » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:30 pm

@drift. I'm so excited for you!! If you choose to adopt her and if she's your first hairless, dont be afraid to send me a pm with any questions since I have a hairless myself! I'm not an expert but I'll try if you need it! C: They have a couple special needs that should be considered but they are super cuddly and much softer than you expect! <3

------

a
r
t

b
y

K
u
r
a
i.
Image Image
MotherMother

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crow Jane » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:41 am

Hi, does anybody here keep rats as pets? Would you recommend them, what are the most important things to know? Me and my girlfriend are considering getting two rats in Septemember, it's just and idea, but I'd love to hear about your experiences! I've only owned a cat and fish so I'm new here.
[ lesbian aquarius adult ]
Daisaku Ikeda wrote:Living here on Earth,
we breathe the rhythms of a universe that extends infinitely above us.
When resonant harmonies arise between this vast outer cosmos and the inner human cosmos,
poetry is born.
Crow Jane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me