The BRODENTS! Rodent Enthusiast Thread!

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

What kinds of rodents do you own?

Chinchilla/s
5%
Degu/s
2%
Gerbil/s
6%
Guinea Pig/s
16%
Hamster/s
18%
Mouse/mice
8%
Rat/s
20%
None :c
20%
None, but I'm getting some soon!
6%

Total votes : 2028

Re: The BRODENTS! Rodent Enthusiast Thread!

Postby RhythmicWolf » Wed May 23, 2018 11:54 am

pompompurin wrote:
      does anybody have any good, reliable water bottles i could use for a robo dwarf hamster?

@the enchantress thank you for the tips !! i'll be sure to post photos c:

i'm not sure about a dwarf hamster specifically, but i use lixit glass bottles for my chinchillas and rabbit. i have an entire pile of water bottles laying around somewhere because they all ended up leaking or otherwise failing. lixit has always been great for me though ^^
RhythmicWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Middy. » Thu May 24, 2018 11:02 am

Finally named all my DWS and my varigegated doe! Took me ages but I decided to go with City names I saw on my road trip lol.

This is Wappapello! My possible Velveteen DWS buck! He’s turning into a nice solid rat with a very nice temperament, I’m so excited to see what he produces for me in the future!
.Middy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby meerkat boi. » Thu May 24, 2018 7:37 pm

Yep, mom is letting me get a hamster after I come back from holidays, as a late birthday present.
I'm super hyped as I've wanted a hamster for a little over a year now! Can't wait for it to finally happen

┏━►►━━━━━━━┓
this is a wip
┖━━━━━━━◄◄━┚
↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑

meerkat boi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MotherMother » Thu May 24, 2018 7:39 pm

@meerkat boi. that is so exciting! Do you know what type you want? And have you thought of names? Be sure to post a pic when you bring your new family member home! <3

------

a
r
t

b
y

K
u
r
a
i.
Image Image
MotherMother

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gamorasass » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:39 am

A few hours ago I said goodbye to one of my rats, Remington. He went downhill suddenly last night and at the vet we discovered a tumor in his abdomen. We helped him pass. He went peacefully in my arms.

♕── IT'S JUST SOME]XXX
      XXXXUNSPOKEN THING

just you average marvel nerd &
      starmora enthusiast living life as
      a full time working cat mom!
      LIGHTS OFF!

┌──────────────────┐
      service dog chat job chat
      └──────────────────┘
gamorasass

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Middy. » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:04 pm

Two of my new mice! I went to pick up the second one (sweet little agouti buck, he’s litterally so friendly it’s insane!) and she brought my another buck and 5 does too lol

Top doe is possibly bred, the does not pictured are a bit too young to be in with bucks yet but I can’t wait!
.Middy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby meerkat boi. » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:43 pm

MotherMother wrote:@meerkat boi. that is so exciting! Do you know what type you want? And have you thought of names? Be sure to post a pic when you bring your new family member home! <3

Yep! I'm getting a Syrian hamster :3
I have a few names in mind, but honestly am not too sure. Here's my name ideas-

1. Narti
2. Axca
3. Riley/Reilly
4. Pidge
(Yes, 1, 2 and 4 are from Voltron)

┏━►►━━━━━━━┓
this is a wip
┖━━━━━━━◄◄━┚
↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑

meerkat boi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ghostmaker » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:02 pm

i'm finally getting a robo! i have the bin cage prepared with 5 layers of bedding (any thicker & the wheel wouldn't fit) and i'm super excited!! i made some diy toys & tunnels but i'm going to hopefully buy some more toys when i get my hamster. unfortunately, i wasn't able to buy a travel cage, so the hamster will have to go home in the store carrier, but i'm getting one in the future!

i have some name ideas:
      pippin
      shmurby - don't ask, it's a long story haha
      nugget
      minnie

@meerkat boi. i love the name pidge !!! it makes me think of a very small animal, like a hamster! it's also downright adorable.
ghostmaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HowlToTheWind » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:45 pm

Hello people! I'm Howl, and I've got 4 guineas, 3 boys and 1 girl, 2 of the boys are twin brothers and have to live together because they (probably) have anxiety and cannot be separated too long or they get freaked out. Their fur is red-brown with white on their faces. They are rescues from the Humane Society, named Wilbur and Orville. They are American mixes, we think they are partly meat pigs due to their large size. Around 3-4 pounds each, I guarantee you they are bigger than some Chihuahuas XD Thistle, the female, is a grey agouti piebald American and lives alone. She's such a snuggle bug <3 Then we've got our Abyssinian boy, Joshua. He's a bit naughty, he bites you sometimes, though he's a bit better at not drawing blood now XD He's primarily a creamy brown-fawn color with patches of a golden-fawn color and black on the top of his head, as well as smaller bits of red-brown and white. He lives alone due to his territorial nature. Also, when he smells Thistle on you he squeaks like crazy and it's pretty funny XD
We had a little white female Dwarf hamster, she had a brown-grey stripe on her back and head. Her name was Silver Daisy, she died of unknown causes not very long ago. I never even got a chance to hold her before she died, I just found her dead. Oh gosh, I'm crying now....
But, we are getting a baby Teddy Bear Hamster soon! A person from church had a pregnant female and didn't know, until she gave birth of course. She said to go over to her house soon with our cage and pick out our little baby <3 We're going to hopefully get a female, and our planned name is Cherry Blossom. They are a couple weeks old, I think 3-4? I can't wait to see the babies and pick our new little friend <3
Cain ∙ all prns ∙ isfp ∙ capricorn
━━━━━━━━━━━━━
thstableart shopcredit
━━━━━━━━━━━━━
"stop thinking so much"
HowlToTheWind

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keriae » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:26 pm

HowlToTheWind wrote:Hello people! I'm Howl, and I've got 4 guineas, 3 boys and 1 girl, 2 of the boys are twin brothers and have to live together because they (probably) have anxiety and cannot be separated too long or they get freaked out. Their fur is red-brown with white on their faces. They are rescues from the Humane Society, named Wilbur and Orville. They are American mixes, we think they are partly meat pigs due to their large size. Around 3-4 pounds each, I guarantee you they are bigger than some Chihuahuas XD Thistle, the female, is a grey agouti piebald American and lives alone. She's such a snuggle bug <3 Then we've got our Abyssinian boy, Joshua. He's a bit naughty, he bites you sometimes, though he's a bit better at not drawing blood now XD He's primarily a creamy brown-fawn color with patches of a golden-fawn color and black on the top of his head, as well as smaller bits of red-brown and white. He lives alone due to his territorial nature. Also, when he smells Thistle on you he squeaks like crazy and it's pretty funny XD
We had a little white female Dwarf hamster, she had a brown-grey stripe on her back and head. Her name was Silver Daisy, she died of unknown causes not very long ago. I never even got a chance to hold her before she died, I just found her dead. Oh gosh, I'm crying now....
But, we are getting a baby Teddy Bear Hamster soon! A person from church had a pregnant female and didn't know, until she gave birth of course. She said to go over to her house soon with our cage and pick out our little baby <3 We're going to hopefully get a female, and our planned name is Cherry Blossom. They are a couple weeks old, I think 3-4? I can't wait to see the babies and pick our new little friend <3

Congrats on the new hammy! Syrian hamsters are my favourite <3 It might interest you to know I've posted here before with a post of links for finding suitable cages and wheels for hamsters! Too many people keep them in cages that are too small, unfortunately.

I'm currently saving up for a tank for Bella! Despite being in an Alaska, she bites the bars :c But, besides that, I much prefer the look of tanks! I've currently got my eyes on a Living World Green Eco Habitat! Gonna take some saving, but I just started a new job with much better pay! Fingers crossed I can get it soon!

Bella just had apple for the first time!

Keriae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me