Calling All Rat Lovers/Owners!

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

How Much Do You Love Rats?

I LOVE THEM TO ALL THE GALAXIES AND BACK!
50%
I ADORE THEM!
14%
I love them.
6%
I think they are cute. (Never owned one so I don't know the greatness of them)
30%

Total votes : 545

Re: Calling All Rat Lovers/Owners!

Postby Chaotic_Affection » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:19 am

BunnyBeam wrote:Omg, I just stumbled across this topic and Omg.
I love rats so much.

Since recently I finally got myself 2 rats. (I have them for I think 5 weeks now)
2 males, Benji and Rico.

Benji is a black(?) dumbo rat and he is sooo cute. He loves to climb on my shoulder or head. He is a very active little boy.

Rico is a black/white (I don't know the name of the pattern in English, in Dutch we call it Japanner, so I guess Japanese in English?) rat and he is very beautifull and cute. He is kinda lazy and a bit scared of my hand, but slowly he is starting to trust me.

Click for a picture, At this photo they were still very young and I just got them home. Benji was around 6 weeks and Rico about 7 weeks old.

Aw! They are too cute! Benji is hooded, I also have a black hooded boi. <3 His name is Benny.
Chaotic • She/her • My Toyhou.se
Chaotic_Affection

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BunnyBeam » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:36 am

spirit18 wrote:
I love rats so much.

Since recently I finally got myself 2 rats. (I have them for I think 5 weeks now)
2 males, Benji and Rico.

Benji is a black(?) dumbo rat and he is sooo cute. He loves to climb on my shoulder or head. He is a very active little boy.

Rico is a black/white (I don't know the name of the pattern in English, in Dutch we call it Japanner, so I guess Japanese in English?) rat and he is very beautifull and cute. He is kinda lazy and a bit scared of my hand, but slowly he is starting to trust me.

Click for a picture, At this photo they were still very young and I just got them home. Benji was around 6 weeks and Rico about 7 weeks old.

Aw! They are too cute! Benji is hooded, I also have a black hooded boi. <3 His name is Benny.

:3
Rico is the hooded one, Benji is the dumbo ear rat. ^-^
Hooded rats are very cute. So I'm sure Benny is a cutie too. :3

But thanks for the name of the pattern. <3
Last edited by BunnyBeam on Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bunny - adult - art - 24/7 tired
ToyHouse

BunnyBeam

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chaotic_Affection » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:37 am

BunnyBeam wrote:
spirit18 wrote:
I love rats so much.

2 males, Benji and Rico.

Oops yeah, my bad ! ;^^ and your welcome!
Chaotic • She/her • My Toyhou.se
Chaotic_Affection

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ashers_aether » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:39 am

I wish I had a pet rat they are so cute and adorable
always interested in trades!

ashers_aether

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BunnyBeam » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:42 am

spirit18 wrote:
BunnyBeam wrote:
spirit18 wrote:Aw! They are too cute! Benji is hooded, I also have a black hooded boi. <3 His name is Benny.

Oops yeah, my bad ! ;^^ and your welcome!

Mistakes can be made, we are all human.
Besides, this would be a mistake I would make on accident. Just mixing up some names, oops. ^-^
Bunny - adult - art - 24/7 tired
ToyHouse

BunnyBeam

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MaineiacJay » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:35 am

It's been too long since I've been on here! I'm super excited and need to share! I'll be getting a Harley (long fur) rat from a fellow breeder and am so excited to start working with the gene!!

I've also been working on a ruby eyed siamese project that randomly threw Whiteside (pattern), which is interesting and kinda neat since not many people even have the gene anymore (it disappeared entirely for a while). But I'm mostly interested in the darkness of the siamese. My absolute FAVORITE variety is south American sable siamese and it's such a huge bummer that we cant get it in the states without paying literally 4+ THOUSAND dollars (yeah, I've looked into it!) Which is more than it cost me to import my dog from overseas (yikes). So, my goal is to hopefully recreate it with normal siamese (I know theres tonkinese/siamese sable, which I have, but it's a different color and it's too obvious a difference). I've almost succeeded in replicating how they look as babies (super dark) but they unfortunately still just molt into normal, slightly darker siamese as adults. Ugh!

(Lyra, my darkest siamese to date, as a 5 week old baby next to an adult Burmese dwarf for comparison)
Birthday: July 13 | Anniversary: September 18
Welcoming our daughter 1/7/19 ❤
MaineiacJay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eff » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:13 am

Hi, everyone. I have been stalking this thread for a while and it has occured to me that the owner has abandoned the thread/account since 2016, therefore, they cannot moderate or enforce any rules without an actual mod being included in the discussion. If you've ever experienced this, it is much nicer to get told by the thread owner rather than an actual moderator. I was in contact with tarkeli, a global mod, and they said that a new rat thread could be put in place if there were no objections.

I think it would be better to have an actively moderated thread, with resource links, a FAQ for new rat owners, and better (but not harsh) rules. Despite the thread still being fairly active, I think this thread could really benefit this way rather than having to use the rodent thread over this one.

Does anyone have any opinions on this? I had sent a help ticket earlier today, but the thread I drafted ended up getting locked. I had briefed this, ideally including commonly asked questions to do with rats and generally more information, as I had found it hard to find a lot about the proper care of rats when I first started my journey with them.

Last bumped by eff on Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:13 am.
eff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me