The Cavy(Guinea Pig) Lovers Club

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: The Cavy(Guinea Pig) Lovers Club

Postby SunnyStreets » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:21 am

okay quick reintroduction. I have posted here before but not for ages.

Anyway, I’m wishes and I own one adorable guinea pig, Biscuit! She is the ginger one. She has one white paw and is very shy, although getting more interested. The other one, her sister, belongs to my sister, and is called Nibblet. She is much less shy and runs out to meet you when you go to where they stay. They live in a cage in the back pantry, it’s quite large and has a sleeping area and a non-sleeping area. We take them outside as often as possible.

Also, if you’re wondering, the reason they say “Furry Amino” at the bottom, it’s just because that’s where I grabbed the smaller version from.
Attachments
5495D0CD-FDB2-484A-8B73-81CA44CF4726.jpeg
5495D0CD-FDB2-484A-8B73-81CA44CF4726.jpeg (118.17 KiB) Viewed 417 times
2C89E3B5-4ABA-4F41-AC03-0521A9158099.jpeg
2C89E3B5-4ABA-4F41-AC03-0521A9158099.jpeg (163.18 KiB) Viewed 417 times
FE05A481-2932-418F-B581-F135CC2A11A0.jpeg
FE05A481-2932-418F-B581-F135CC2A11A0.jpeg (259.99 KiB) Viewed 417 times
xxxx
xxxxImage
━━━━━━━
« they/them »
« iavatar ©i »
« rain frog © »
━━━━━━━

ember/sunny
SunnyStreets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rainmaker » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:35 am

My babies, peanut butter and jelly!
FRMSLD
━━━━(bughead-stan)━━━━━━
Hi! I'm bughead-stan, but you can call me
Jasmin! I used to be mrs. spaghetti,
and I'm currently obsessed with
Riverdale and Supernatural, and love
trading and playing lioden! PM me
anytime, or send trades, I love to
talk to new people!
rainmaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wibeke » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:22 pm

hi guys! I thought i should finally post here, i got a guinea pig about a month and a half ago!

His nickname is Porky (full name can be abbreviated Fat B. but i don't think i can say the second half of his name on here, haha. he's named after a brand of wine that my friend and i thought was funny, so now i have a pig who's name i can't tell to children :roll: ). He was a bit of an impulse buy, I got him right after graduating college and starting a job at a pet store. I ended up buying him out of a mixture of loneliness and suddenly being surrounded by tons of animals and immediately getting attached. not a great combination, haha

Which is frustrating because I did exactly what I'm always yelling at people not to do, and because I know things would have been SO much easier if I had just waited until things were more stable and given my pig the perfect living situation right off the bat, but it was my stupid decision and i'm doing my best to learn from it at least!
He started off in a tiny (3.75 ft) cage, then i upgraded him to a 6 ft cage, swapped his bedding for fleece, and now the two are linked together for about 9.5 sq ft of space. Its definitely not perfect by any means (i'd much rather him have a big flat cage) but he seems so much happier now that he has room to run around. Also I'm really enjoying how easy the fleece is to keep clean! We're going to be moving anywhere from a month to 4 or 5 months from now so while i really want to make a big C & C cage for him I'm going to wait until I know exactly how much space i have so I don't accidentally make something too big or find out i had much more space to work with.
He's still not the most trusting pig around but lately he's been a bit braver and he even fell asleep on my shoulder once. i don't think it's anything more veggies won't fix.

The last thing I want to do for him is getting him a buddy! He seems much happier than before but he still seems pretty bored and also now that I've learned more about pigs I know that they're much happier in pairs.
there's a guinea pig at work that is adorable, he's very young (which should hopefully make the introduction easier) and really sweet. I think they'd be a perfect match. I've brought it up to my mom though and she's annoyed at me for bringing it up because she didn't want the first pig in the house to start with.
So that's mostly why i'm here! For those of you who have multiple guinea pigs, how is the workload? Is there anything you regret about getting multiple pigs? I'm not at all concerned for my ability to keep up, but I think it would help my mom to know that people keep multiple pigs without them smelling bad/otherwise causing a lot of extra trouble. I'm completely responsible for his care including cleaning and all his expenses, so its a bit frustrating trying to figure out exactly why she objects to a second guinea pig.

jen they/them ace dumpster fire
aka wibekapedia

always open for commissions on DA

talk to me about pigeons!

● ● ●

art shop - deviantart
my kalons
wibeke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Strange_Atoms » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:21 am

I habe one salt piggy named hope. She is black, brown and white, and want to kill you if you so much as touch her feet. She is very important to me, and she is very nice to hold.
Attachments
IMG_20180831_171013_805.jpg
IMG_20180831_171013_805.jpg (62.42 KiB) Viewed 373 times
ALL GOOD THINGS FLOW INTO THE CITYImage
Strange_Atoms

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tjebb » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:15 pm

Here is my sassy piggy. This image is also a meme for cavy owners. Her name is Jenna.

My Kalons
I no longer actively draw using Oekaki, but I'll try my best to use the forums and talk via dms and such!
Looking for art!

Image Image Image
Tjebb

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mystical-maniac » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:59 pm

i have a piggy named lennie, and i have a guinea pig as a class pet at school named toffee.
Attachments
IMG_0664.JPG
this is toffee. she is the class pet and she loves peas.
IMG_0664.JPG (163.16 KiB) Viewed 536 times
lennie.jpg
this is lennie, my guinea pig. she loves yogurt drops
lennie.jpg (37.89 KiB) Viewed 536 times

"boring artist™"

links
-instagram
-toyhouse
-artfight
-sig art base
Feel free to PM me for any reason!
mystical-maniac

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mystical-maniac » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:17 pm

i made a meme for lennie.

"boring artist™"

links
-instagram
-toyhouse
-artfight
-sig art base
mystical-maniac

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cosmicmoonlily » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:01 am

my guinea pig recently lost two hutch mates in the same year, and i am desperate to find her a new hutch mate.

is a younger sow appropiate?
    i'm scared they will fight as the younger one matures, because she was a bit of a bully to one of her other hutch mates before they passed away. she didn't pick fights with the older sow i had before she passed.

thanks for any advice.
she/her • trades closed
cosmicmoonlily

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mystical-maniac » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:03 am

bluekii wrote:
    my guinea pig recently lost two hutch mates in the same year, and i am desperate to find her a new hutch mate.

is a younger sow appropiate?
    i'm scared they will fight as the younger one matures, because she was a bit of a bully to one of her other hutch mates before they passed away. she didn't pick fights with the older sow i had before she passed.

thanks for any advice.

from what i read it is usually best to get a baby, or one who is only a few months old but it honestly depends on the guinea pig. i recently got a baby guinea pig and my guinea pigs seem to like each other. it helps to have them in different hutches for the first few weeks and introduce them slowly in a place none of them have been so territory is not a problem.

"boring artist™"

links
-instagram
-toyhouse
-artfight
-sig art base
mystical-maniac

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DoeStag » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:27 pm

Hi guys! I have a question!
      So I have a guinea pig and I want to switch her wood shavings bedding to fleece liner. Most of the reviews on switching to fleece is positive, most of the products have about 5 stars but I wanted to hear other opinions from you guys. Some negative reviews, though very few, have me concerned about wasting $50 on fleece.
      I also was thinking about buying from guineadad so if anyone knows the company and has any opinions on them let me know!
DoeStag

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me