Thoughts about pitbulls/pit chat!

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Click if you ...

Are scared of them
9%
Would own one
60%
Have one
19%
Know anyone who has one?
13%

Total votes : 998

Re: Thoughts about pitbulls/pit chat!

Postby taurus ; » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:18 am

Naeco wrote:
halogen. wrote:None atm. But a few months after the litter she’s going back to her breeder’s to get titled in OB, WP, and conformation. I’m just too busy to do it now. Goals for litter is just an all around good bulldog.

She’s already proven her worth to me and her breeder as an amazing bulldog worthy of being bred. Titles don’t make the dog. Titles are just like added bragging rights tbh.

If she is a bulldog, she isn't a pit. Just saying. I can't look at the photos until later, but she likely isn't a pit if you say she is a bulldog

Pitbulls are bulldogs 😂😂

Only someone with real experience with the breed knows that they’re called bulldogs too.
☆ kenya|she/her|istj|adult player
(simply vibing, that's it <3)
taurus ;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eff » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:34 am

"Pit bull" is fairly subjective depending on where you come from. Like, even in Britain, certain areas like Scotland, Wales and England will refer to different species as a pit bull.
eff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby taurus ; » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:38 am

Depends on how ignorant the area is. Because the only pitbull is the American Pitbull Terrier.
taurus ;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby taurus ; » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:13 am

No ones arguing lmao. And just because that’s the Google definition doesn’t mean it’s right.

And saying that pitbull is a group of dogs fuels BSL and we all know that BSL kills thousands of bully breed mixes every year. And it is partly due to mislabeling. Call the dog the breed that it is.
taurus ;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eff » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:27 am

halogen. wrote:No ones arguing lmao. And just because that’s the Google definition doesn’t mean it’s right.

And saying that pitbull is a group of dogs fuels BSL and we all know that BSL kills thousands of bully breed mixes every year. And it is partly due to mislabeling. Call the dog the breed that it is.

I agree. It is a subjective term and gets hundreds of thousands of dogs slaughtered each year, for measurements over breed. Regardless, I can't change what the actual definition is. Sorry mate.
eff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SakuraCherry » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:17 am

gorgeous animals that get critism they don't deserve!
SakuraCherry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rottnmilk » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:17 am

my opinion on pitbulls:

very good boys/girls 10/10

my momma has a pitbull mix and hes an absolute babe, he loves everybody and jus wants to protect all of us.
rottnmilk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:35 pm

@ mewzin
how can he love everybody and protect you,all :?:
does that mean he kisses you and every stranger, and then barks at them and trys to eat them or the animal?

and im sorry, but i dont think it is so good when a dog of this breeds is "protective" (against any strangers and animal when real bad) when not trained or needed for this work but Show it just like this...,they should be calm friendly family dogs, with great training and stay calm around strange dogs and people or animal, who are well trained and well behaved around strangers and animal, .....even more so for a breed who as bad call like those breeds....
i find it way bether when they work at old people homes, or do nice fun sport shows like ball sport or dog dancing-agility,dog jorig, swim - Herding sheep or cow and such, with there owner, or help them as ES dogs or when accepted as sd dogs .... nice things that make this do breeds do look goo and nice in view of many people, who learn that this dogs can be nice and calm and gentle and no bad "mean beast" who kill animal or attack people like still so many think and fear... it is bad owner who destroy breeds still and byb who Need to breed there crazy aggressive or whatver dog to make money...
we have two type of those dog owner in our area luckily not near us the first one...those where you change side of street when you see there badly trained aggressive dog that pulls at there chain leash, and trys to attack other dogs,...or just real bad trained who you really dont know if they are mean or just to full of energy....

.... and then there are those who sit in the park and there kid and the Kids friends play with there dog, i even did see one who was a guide dog !!! :) what i found real great, i also did hear about a nice female dog who tells her owner when she Need´s to take her meds or eat something even when not trained sd dog...
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Naeco » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:26 am

Luzien wrote:@ mewzin
how can he love everybody and protect you,all :?:
does that mean he kisses you and every stranger, and then barks at them and trys to eat them or the animal?

and im sorry, but i dont think it is so good when a dog of this breeds is "protective" (against any strangers and animal when real bad) when not trained or needed for this work but Show it just like this...,they should be calm friendly family dogs, with great training and stay calm around strange dogs and people or animal, who are well trained and well behaved around strangers and animal, .....even more so for a breed who as bad call like those breeds....
i find it way bether when they work at old people homes, or do nice fun sport shows like ball sport or dog dancing-agility,dog jorig, swim - Herding sheep or cow and such, with there owner, or help them as ES dogs or when accepted as sd dogs .... nice things that make this do breeds do look goo and nice in view of many people, who learn that this dogs can be nice and calm and gentle and no bad "mean beast" who kill animal or attack people like still so many think and fear... it is bad owner who destroy breeds still and byb who Need to breed there crazy aggressive or whatver dog to make money...
we have two type of those dog owner in our area luckily not near us the first one...those where you change side of street when you see there badly trained aggressive dog that pulls at there chain leash, and trys to attack other dogs,...or just real bad trained who you really dont know if they are mean or just to full of energy....

.... and then there are those who sit in the park and there kid and the Kids friends play with there dog, i even did see one who was a guide dog !!! :) what i found real great, i also did hear about a nice female dog who tells her owner when she Need´s to take her meds or eat something even when not trained sd dog...

It is very possible for a dog to love everyone yet want to protect. My black lab was very loving towards everyone, yet, when someone was hurting me, she protected me. My mutt does the same.
Links
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3303502
MainThingaMajiger

Pets

Maple Creek
Naeco

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Naeco » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:27 am

halogen. wrote:No ones arguing lmao. And just because that’s the Google definition doesn’t mean it’s right.

Exactly. And if you don't know what it is, don't be so full of pride to not call it a mutt. A mutt is not as bad as it sounds.
Links
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3303502
MainThingaMajiger

Pets

Maple Creek
Naeco

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups