Thoughts about pitbulls/pit chat!

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Click if you ...

Are scared of them
9%
Would own one
60%
Have one
19%
Know anyone who has one?
13%

Total votes : 998

Re: Thoughts about pitbulls/pit chat!

Postby pumpkaboo » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:59 pm

Controversial opinion related to pit bulls but also other dog breeds:

It's not all in how they're raised. Nature plays a bigger part than nurture when it comes to temperament. :o
Image Comet | They/Them Image

Just an anxious queer boy on an
endless adventure to learn to love myself.
I'm enthralled by the beauty of our universe
and the stars call me home.

pumpkaboo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby taurus ; » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:23 pm

pumpkaboo wrote:
Controversial opinion related to pit bulls but also other dog breeds:

It's not all in how they're raised. Nature plays a bigger part than nurture when it comes to temperament. :o

That's not really a controversial opinion in the real APBT community, it is fact.
☆ kenya|she/her|istj|adult player
(simply vibing, that's it <3)
taurus ;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby taurus ; » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:41 am

One word:
Ew.

She was advertised as '2x Miagi blood', and I wish all of this Miagi stuff would stop. Miagi himself is such an ugly and deformed dog himself, I don't even know how his stud fee got up to $100,000(might be more, I don't keep up with him). It's really a shame.
taurus ;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maninkari » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:01 pm

halogen. wrote:Image

One word:
Ew.

She was advertised as '2x Miagi blood', and I wish all of this Miagi stuff would stop. Miagi himself is such an ugly and deformed dog himself, I don't even know how his stud fee got up to $100,000(might be more, I don't keep up with him). It's really a shame.

Oh no, poor baby. These Miagi, Daxline, Toadline bullies need to stop. I've never seen a decently bred "exotic" or "micro" bully.

I do like pocket bullies when they look like this:

That's a good dog right there, a lot bullies could use some improvement in terms of health but you can tell this girl is gonna be going longer than that other dog.
heck
maninkari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cornspurrd. » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:59 pm

This Is Wilbur a Dog We Fostered in 2015

He was an American Staffie Bull Terrier

He was like A Mini Pit! I love him XD
Smile and wave...
cornspurrd.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby taurus ; » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:34 pm

I really only like either classic or standard bullies and even then it has to be a really pretty dog. I've never seen a well-bred Micro, XL, Extreme bully, ever. I'll stick to the trim, athletic APBT, haha.

taurus ;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maninkari » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:48 pm

I like classic bullies a lot. They're kinda like big ol bulky APBTs with a chill attitude.

This is Phantom, owned by Natalka Tuczkewycz. He kinda gives me the feel of a Colby dog, maybe it's just the white and brindle.

I have a soft spot for bullies in general, in case you couldn't tell, haha
heck
maninkari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SaraCO2013 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:28 am

Envy will be in the standard class, Razor Edge, Gotti and Mikeland blood. But same. I do not like the "exotic" or "micro" ones, too many faults. I do not see why people like or would want to breed dogs with bad easty westy, thats the main problem I see with them. Not to mention some look like english bulldogs with cropped ears... I am a part of several fb bully groups in my area and its horrible. I swear some of the breeders are all about the money, which, idk why some people would even buy a pup from a dog that looks like it is in pain to walk, let alone run or do anything active. Someone just posted a video yesterday of one of his pups that was born with a deformed leg. It was wobbling around and someone commented "thats a nice pup, for sale?" like what? Im sorry but there is no way i'd pay $1300 for a dog that cant walk, clearly wouldnt be suitable for breeding in the future. I dont care how many champs are in the pedigree and the big names in it as well, half of the dogs dog even look like the big names in the pedigree. 2x this 5x that, but yet your dog doesnt look like 2x this and that. and you want to charge 3k, on a puppy with cherry eye? Mom and dad have no titles either? but those names in the pedigree tho lol im sorry but no, i will most definitely pass. **Rant over** lol.
SaraCO2013

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SaraCO2013 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:33 am

maninkari wrote:
Oh no, poor baby. These Miagi, Daxline, Toadline bullies need to stop. I've never seen a decently bred "exotic" or "micro" bully.

I do like pocket bullies when they look like this:

That's a good dog right there, a lot bullies could use some improvement in terms of health but you can tell this girl is gonna be going longer than that other dog.

Omg that looks like my little envies!! lol but Envy is more trim and still a pup growing. That female is nice, I thought about getting a pocket but it would definitely have to be from a very good breeding.
SaraCO2013

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby taurus ; » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:59 pm

Anybody here have experience/purchases from Stillwater Kennel Supply?? They seem to have a great rep in the APBT community, especially because their products are specially made for the breed.

I'm should be getting Spade a nice 2-in. collar from there, pretty soon. They have all three of my 'wants' in a nice dog collar: pretty, heavy duty/long lasting,
and relatively cheap. Honestly I could buy Spade one collar from there and it would probably last until she died, but I like buying my dogs different collars, so I'll probably get her like 2-3.

I'm also getting a break stick, I don't know why I didn't get one sooner. I think every responsible APBT owner should have one.
taurus ;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me