Thoughts about pitbulls/pit chat!

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Click if you ...

Are scared of them
9%
Would own one
60%
Have one
19%
Know anyone who has one?
13%

Total votes : 998

Re: Thoughts about pitbulls/pit chat!

Postby Angelus Gaston » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:13 pm

halogen. wrote:Anybody here have experience/purchases from Stillwater Kennel Supply?? They seem to have a great rep in the APBT community, especially because their products are specially made for the breed.

I'm should be getting Spade a nice 2-in. collar from there, pretty soon. They have all three of my 'wants' in a nice dog collar: pretty, heavy duty/long lasting,
and relatively cheap. Honestly I could buy Spade one collar from there and it would probably last until she died, but I like buying my dogs different collars, so I'll probably get her like 2-3.

I'm also getting a break stick, I don't know why I didn't get one sooner. I think every responsible APBT owner should have one.

Not just APBT owners, we carry a break stick out on walks and when we did the dog training class in case of fights. Its a handy thing but brings such stigma but people forget dogs fight even if there never bred for it. You have a break stick it saves having to chock a dog out which we had to do after a fight broke out in the class.

I dont think people realise how hard is to get a dog to let go if its intent on killing another dog.
CharsArt WantedTradescredit
╔══════════════════════╗
We would do something
Sarcastic and witty with this but
We cant be bothered. We go by
Angelus One Piece and Yu-Gi-Oh lover

╚══════════════════════╝
Angelus Gaston

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nyoovi » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:07 am

Heyo! I actually got a pit bull puppy the other day ;v; Her name is Lady <3
That's her! <:
She's EXTREMELY timid. I've been led to believe she was abused by her old owner, unfortunately, but she's warming up to me pretty quickly <3 She's laying right next to me as I type this, haha.
nyoovi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pumpkaboo » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:21 am

halogen. wrote:Anybody here have experience/purchases from Stillwater Kennel Supply?? They seem to have a great rep in the APBT community, especially because their products are specially made for the breed.

I'm should be getting Spade a nice 2-in. collar from there, pretty soon. They have all three of my 'wants' in a nice dog collar: pretty, heavy duty/long lasting,
and relatively cheap. Honestly I could buy Spade one collar from there and it would probably last until she died, but I like buying my dogs different collars, so I'll probably get her like 2-3.

I'm also getting a break stick, I don't know why I didn't get one sooner. I think every responsible APBT owner should have one.

I have heard SO many good things about Stillwater. Their rainbow tye dye collar is to die for... I think it would look beautiful on my girl. I haven't placed an order, though; I'm in Canada and I'm not sure what their shipping policies are.
Image Comet | They/Them Image

Just an anxious queer boy on an
endless adventure to learn to love myself.
I'm enthralled by the beauty of our universe
and the stars call me home.

pumpkaboo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maninkari » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:36 am

Break sticks are great to have. I've also heard many great things about stillwater kennel supply! I know a few breeders who are loyal customers, you can order multiple collars and they're super sturdy. I think Thompson's Kennels uses them too.

XDreamdogs is also good for sturdy collars, but they're custom and more pricey.
heck
maninkari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby momincharge » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:23 pm

me; *finds this*
also me; *wants another pitbull but theyre banned where i live cuz of dog fighting*
me again; *cries*
me; *didnt actually cry*

we put down my pitbull sept. 24, 2014, i do believe. but now, my new dog has brought me happiness xd

we had neika(mah ol' pitbull) before pitbulls where illigal in my province in canada - so we were allowed to keep her.

i hate it how people think pitbulls dog fight because of who they are????

like, no, that's just how they where trained.

anyway my new puppi, calah, is a boxer mix bulldog <3

shes almost 2 years ol'

okay i gotta stop typimg but i love her so much

okay cya--
▌▪ ▌▪ ▌
▌▪ ▌▪ ▌
▌▪ ▌▪ ▌
▌▪ ▌▪ ▌
▌▪ ▌▪ ▌
▌▪ ▌▪ ▌
▌▪ ▌▪ ▌
▌▪ ▌▪ ▌
▌▪ ▌▪ ▌
▌▪ ▌▪ ▌
▌▪ ▌▪ ▌
▌▪ ▌▪ ▌
▌▪ ▌▪ ▌
───────────────────────────

gaybestedgydweebdimbocodeshoprpcharaspound

───────────────────────────
────────────────── A N D S H E S C R A Z Y
┌──────────────────────────┐

hey, i'm arisu. call me ari, jaid, jadyn, jace, or anything you
wanna. i'm an idiotic teenager with a habit of changing her signature
a lot. cya later, luv y'all. make sure to check out my species!

└──────────────────────────┘
momincharge

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maninkari » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:27 am

Has anyone here owned Game Fowls? I had one, best rooster I ever owned. He reminded me a bit of an APBT, he'd fight any chicken, including his own reflection, but he was very tolerant of humans. His name was John Cena because of that, haha.

He was also missing an eye and a toe.
heck
maninkari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BananaSocks » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:27 pm

atsu wrote:Heyo! I actually got a pit bull puppy the other day ;v; Her name is Lady <3
That's her! <:
She's EXTREMELY timid. I've been led to believe she was abused by her old owner, unfortunately, but she's warming up to me pretty quickly <3 She's laying right next to me as I type this, haha.

awww she's so precious :33 it's so nice that you adopted her

I love pit bulls and I find it sad that states and countries ban them because of the reputation of them being an aggressive fighting dog when in fact they're really sweet and loving and are only aggressive because humans don't raise them well. I wish I had a pit bull or a staffie and I'd love to get one if only my country didn't ban pitbulls!
    xxx
    xxx
    xxx
    xxx

im electric, a romantic cliché
    heather • löded diper fanatic
    im an art student, hoping to do
    something that i like. talk to me
    about film books music anything.
    i listen to a ton of rock and indie
    bands, if you like declan mckenna
    wolf alice nothing but thieves
    lorde the strokes florence + the
    machine we are friends, it is the
    law. uh i wish i had some fish
    discord [#6740] insta spotify
xxxxxx
BananaSocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Angelus Gaston » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:41 pm

BananaSocks wrote:
atsu wrote:Heyo! I actually got a pit bull puppy the other day ;v; Her name is Lady <3
That's her! <:

awww she's so precious :33 it's so nice that you adopted her

I love pit bulls and I find it sad that states and countries ban them because of the reputation of them being an aggressive fighting dog when in fact they're really sweet and loving and are only aggressive because humans don't raise them well. I wish I had a pit bull or a staffie and I'd love to get one if only my country didn't ban pitbulls!

You can train a PitBull very well but still have a dog intent on killing another dog or animal. Its been said a number of times on this thread genetics play a huge part in this breeds temperament and sometimes it doesn't matter how well you raise them they can still be dog aggressive. Yes there sweet and loving to people ( dog and human aggression are not the same thing ) but not every dog will be dog friendly.

There not bad dogs just need careful management which the average family just cant deal with.
CharsArt WantedTradescredit
╔══════════════════════╗
We would do something
Sarcastic and witty with this but
We cant be bothered. We go by
Angelus One Piece and Yu-Gi-Oh lover

╚══════════════════════╝
Angelus Gaston

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby S1520 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:52 am

Where are people getting the idea that it's completely the fault of the owners and no other factors are involved? I constantly hear people saying that they believe it. It's concerning man, people need a logical amount of caution that I see is dismissed by these people buying into "They are just misunderstood" causing fatal incidents :( Where is it coming from?
S1520

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maninkari » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:10 am

S1520 wrote:Where are people getting the idea that it's completely the fault of the owners and no other factors are involved? I constantly hear people saying that they believe it. It's concerning man, people need a logical amount of caution that I see is dismissed by these people buying into "They are just misunderstood" causing fatal incidents :( Where is it coming from?

Misinformation, for sure. There's so much of it, I sometimes wonder if anyone knows what they're talking about with this breed.
heck
maninkari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me