Thoughts about pitbulls/pit chat!

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Click if you ...

Are scared of them
9%
Would own one
60%
Have one
19%
Know anyone who has one?
13%

Total votes : 998

Re: Thoughts about pitbulls/pit chat!

Postby dragonwing, » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:48 am

I just found this thread and I have something to say.

pit bulls are beautiful dogs. people think they are aggressive due to other peoples stories. my friend used to own a pit bull and she was the sweetest dog imaginable! all of the siblings of the pit bull were put down due to being too aggressive for peoples liking but my friend's pit bull was super sweet. she wouldn't ever hurt a fly. she had to be put down herself due to medical issues. </3
yeet yeet im dragonwing

i love to roleplay warrior cats
dragonwing,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ☆ Lincoln & Grover ☆ » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:50 am

I think pitbulls are stereotyped like a lot of dogs. People always think that a pitbull is super vicious and mean, but they are not. My friend owns a pitbull and they are such sweet dogs! Although they can be very protective! Pitbulls are amazing!
HI THERE! YOU SHOULD CHECK THESE AMAZING ADOPTABLES OUT! MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW THE RULES! Image CHECK OUT THIS GIVEAWAYImage AND THIS AMAZING ADOPTION CENTER AND GIVEAWAY Image

Pet's name: Winston
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
I WAS FORMERLY MRTOPPY
☆ Lincoln & Grover ☆

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shadowthegreatwolf » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:53 am

I saw this and immediately clicked on it because of how passionate I feel about this topic. Pit bulls are just dogs, and just like any other, they can be mean, and they can be nice. You only ever hear bad things about them, because that's the way people think about them. I've personally had two, and neither of them did anything to harm me or one another. They were like sisters and were always excited to meet new people and dogs. They will always be my first example of why you shouldn't assume all pits are bad.
[tori-she/her-adult]
Image Image Image
Shadowthegreatwolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueOrca2000 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:40 pm

One of my neighbors has a female blue pit bull that got out one morning and was roaming around in our front yard. My sisters glanced out the window and saw her, thinking she was our immediate neighbor's blue pit bull (whom we thought at the time was potentially aggressive through the fence but we've met him and now know he's just kinda nervous) but this one in our yard was a lot fatter than the male.

So I went outside and clapped my hands to call her over and she looked over at me, tail immediately wagging, and ran over to me. She didn't jump up on me (cuz she's so chubby) just licked me and let me pet her. I even told her to sit and she did! She was super sweet and cute and I love her. We let her go (cuz we didn't know she belonged in the neighborhood) and we went back inside.

She got back home, of course. We'll drive by her house sometime and she'll be in the garage with her owner..

But anyway, I've met at least 5 pit bulls in my life and none of them have been mean. One of them (in the immediate neighbor's fence; white and gray) i like better than my own cat who regularly attacks me and my other cat!!!
BlueOrca2000

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Thoughts about pitbulls

Postby toonverse8888 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:47 am

Bluebird22 wrote:I love pitbulls, but it does take a special and experienced dog owner to have one. It's true some pitbulls are trained to fight, but it's not the breed themselves, it's the people who train them that make or brake the dog. But since many people who are uneducated about the breed and here on the news that "pitbulls attacked person." or something of there abouts they think the whole breed is bad. Since I saw that my city does not have a pitbulls ban or anything, I hope to own one once I can provide the time and space for the dog :)
I have another thing to add to that, my sister owns one and hers we believe was Abused, but she is the most loveable dog ever, since she may have been abused, she wants to stay close to us (such a lapdog)
toonverse8888

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby taurus ; » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:40 am

Just found this awesome sculpture of Jeep.
https://www.deviantart.com/art/Pitbull- ... -609200221
☆ kenya|she/her|istj|adult player
(simply vibing, that's it <3)
taurus ;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pupper.exe » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:45 am

my pit bull is sweet as hell. she loves tiny dogs (big ones too, but mostly tiny) an is very friendly. I have a chihuahua on my street that is more vicious than her.

pupper.exe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Capoo » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:36 am

I love Pitbull puppy's are sooooooooo cute.
And as fully grown dog its strong, and obedient.
Capoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Antigravity » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:36 am

I honestly love pittys, however how the dog reacts depends on how it is brought up. Pits are strong, big dogs (most of the time) that definitely need to be controlled and put in their place at a young age. If you let a pit (or any dog) be excited, nippy, and aggressive as a pup, it might be cute at the time, but that dog will grow to be very strong and it wont be as cute when they're nippy at a young child or dog. This has to do with any dog, but it's important with the Pit because of the breed. A mother would rather put down a pit instead of a small dog for biting their child, no matter which one is worse. I think it's the harsh reality that the owners have to face and deal with. I have a lot of respect for people who know how to control their dog.

I LOVE the dogs, I have a friend who is very strict with her pit (she has to be, that dog is huge and very strong) I love the look of the dogs and I would rescue/adopt one in a heartbeat if it was friendly with kids and cats.
Male ❌ Canadian ❌ Snakes, cats and cocker spaniels 💖❌ PM me if you need to chat ~❌

I loved you
and you made me,
hate me
You gave me hate, see?
It saved me and these tears are deadly
~Hollywood Undead

Antigravity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KinardTheSock » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:14 pm

Pit bulls can be so sweet. It kinda hurts me when people give them a bad reputation because most of them are really nice. I have a pit bull named Lily and she is anything but mean. I take her to dog shows and she is really obedient and has won a few times. She is also deaf so when other dogs try to fight/assert dominance she gets really scared because she can't hear them. She just sits on her tail and tries to hide. She's probably the least aggressive dog I've ever met. She's never even growled and I've had her for 3 years. I used to kinda judge pit bulls but if you get to know one they can be really sweet.
Pet's name: Saki
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!color=#800080]Trade me please![/color]
KinardTheSock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me