Thoughts about pitbulls/pit chat!

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Click if you ...

Are scared of them
9%
Would own one
60%
Have one
19%
Know anyone who has one?
13%

Total votes : 998

Re: Thoughts about pitbulls/pit chat!

Postby bugbody » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:41 am

i absolutely love pitties and pit mixes c:
i grew up with two rednosed and never once felt threatened or in danger - they were as sweet as can be and loved each other and people so much !!
as of now i have an odd pitbull mix, we believe him to be mixed with a basset hound because he's short and has stubby legs with outturned paws like a basset, but a totally pittie head. and he is honestly the best dog i've ever known - sweet and cuddly, silly, playful (surely an eternal pup type), and has such a personality. i love my bab to the moon and back <3

i'd also like to add how horrible i think it is that states are allowed to ban certain dog breeds - like pit bulls. they're too ignorant and stubborn to see that a dog's personality and aggression is based on how/where they were raised. unfortunately pitbulls get a bad reputation because people have chosen them to be the most popular dog for dog fights, against their will of course. they should have stricter rules and laws against dog fighting and breeding instead of bans against the victims;

this is a great idea for a forum post, thanks !!

bugbody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cswolf. » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:21 am

Taisi wrote:Here's my Pit mix, Cooper. She's a certified therapy dog, our town's dog of the year, and most recently has become a PTSD service dog. She is the sweetest thing you'll meet, and she loves outfits!
Cooper 1
Cooper 2
Cooper 3

OMG Cooper is such a good pibble mix <3
lurkin!

CATCHING UP MY REMAINING LOLO MESSAGES <3
THANKS ALL FOR VISITING ME :)
cswolf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby deadroses. » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:16 pm

I love pitbulls and I hope to get a puppy pitbull soon
FREE PALESTINE

intj Image
F1, noah kahan, camus, hozier, AM, grishaverse, marvel AOS, young royals, p!@td, palaye royale
Image Image
deadroses.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cmanle » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:15 am

I work at an animal shelter, and it's always sad, pitbulls are there the longest, and if an animal happens to be a black pitbull, they're in the shelter forever... we have one we've had for 4 years, since he was a puppy, he's super sweet
I'd love to trade for pets on my wishlist, if you have one, feel free to send a trade
cmanle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spectacular. » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:08 pm

SaraCO2013 wrote:Anyone have or used any good weight vests? Need one for Apollo, but cant really find anything online. Just backpacks for dogs. Need a recommendation on a good one.

Currently, the best on the market are [i]"XDOG" vests. They are expensive but they do have the option to buy additions to the vest like drag bags and resistance bands. There is also "Rogue Royalty" that makes some as well. If you don't want to go the vest way there are harnesses that have pockets that hold weights in them.

I prefer weight pulling rather than vests, especially for bully breeds. If you need more information id be more then happy to talk in Pm. :)[/i]
spectacular.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SaraCO2013 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:38 am

Yeah im looking for something that is weighted or to add weights too, that he can wear on walks or running around out in the yard before we go on walks. Ive seen the x dog ones on bully pages on instagram but idk.
SaraCO2013

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gentle snacc » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:44 am

I volunteer at a dog and cat shelter,and most of the dogs are pitbulls. It's sad to see all the cute faces in small cages.I am just glad that i get to walk them,wash their bows,and keep them company when i have time <3
gentle snacc

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:51 pm

SaraCO2013 wrote:Yeah im looking for something that is weighted or to add weights too, that he can wear on walks or running around out in the yard before we go on walks. Ive seen the x dog ones on bully pages on instagram but idk.

mayi ask a question....why do you even want to use one? do you want to go on a week long trail walk with camping gear and he needs to or carry his own things..or why...
what is the use of vests like this? what does your dog get out of this? what is the use...

is your dog even checked if his bones are strong enough, his muscle trained well enough for something like this? his back, legs and heart and lung healthy enough....

i know that human use it after a time of training to get one step up, like to jump higher wider without them on,after a next time of training with them ...or run faster or long time.. in training of horses you use them to fake the rider weight when you start a green horse and want to do it slow and careful,..or when you train for long trail rides so they are used to backpacks and saddle bags when you go on the trail...or racing horses to make a little difference in weight like when a rider is to light for the race or when real strog horse who already did win some races to make a difference to the last horse so all get the same chance to win...
but dogs make to sense at all to me...do you want to go on a some weeks long trail with him, and want to train him that he is used to wear a little move weight or why...
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SaraCO2013 » Tue May 01, 2018 5:06 am

Vet recommended that we should try one on Apollo to tire him out. Im not looking for a backpack to carry items or anything like that. Im looking for a weighted vest, like the x dogs ones, where you can add sand bags to it, slowly over time. https://xdogvest.com

Ill most likely end up buying one of those, although I dont like how the weight isnt distributed evenly. But its a start. And Apollo is in great health, vet gave the OK to go with it and try one out during his normal exercises.
SaraCO2013

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wren, » Tue May 08, 2018 9:34 am

Here's the deal on pitbulls:

First of all, TRUE American Pit Bull Terriers now a days are pretty are. What you might think is a pit bull is most likely a BBM, or bully breed mix, like the American Bully or anything else with XL in front of it. Blue nose, Red Nose, Gator Mouth, none of those are actual pit bulls unless you are referring to the OFRN APBT. In general, I would never own a 'pitbull' because its most likely a massive combination of random bloodlines that people do no research on, they simply are looking for the 'baddest,' or biggest dog to breed to which is why most of the time you can't distinguish females from males. This practice is quite dangerous as it creates instability in the lines, creating a dangerous dog sometimes. Take a look at the Kimbo bloodline, plenty of people still breed to Kimbo dogs which is straight ignorance. The dogs in shelters? Not pit bulls. BBMs. Would I own an APBT purchased from a reputable breeder? Absolutely. Would I ever own a BBM? Definitely not, because the fact that "its all about how you raise them," is a huge and dangerous myth.
Wren,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me