What is your dream pet?

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: what is your dream pet?

Postby BlingBling » Sun May 20, 2012 1:11 pm

Ivalynfyre wrote:Where'd you get the ringneck, Camillion? They aren't commonly captive bred..

Found the poor thing in my garage a while back. I'm letting him loose when the weather gets a bit nicer, but for now he's got a good home with me. Planning on releasing him in about a week, actually, and I've already picked out a nice spot :3

In the winter and fall, frogs, snakes, and other little critters tend to hide in the garage. I've taken in a few rat snakes, corn snakes, and a couple of frogs before. So yeah, I'm pretty much the critter removal/rescuer crew at my neighborhood! xD

Shawol - Monbebe - Carat - Insomnia
BlingBling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby plum » Sun May 20, 2012 1:22 pm

Ah, okay. It's already pretty warm here, so all of the snakes I find outside just get a few pictures taken of them, then they're off on their way.

hello
call me plum

i do commissions for USD, list pets, and dA points
sorry, i'm not interested in art trades or c$

my typing is inconsistent and i do Not care
plum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dappled Sapphire » Sun May 20, 2012 2:23 pm

I have
2 dogs: A Filla X Neo mastiff X English mastiff and a Pom X Papillon
1 cat: Ragdoll
Approx. 45 Fish: 3 Anglefish, 13 neon tetra, 7 Gold Skirt/ Widow Tetra, 6 Leopard Danios, 5 Zebra Danios, 4 spotted Danios, 7 Bristle-nosed Plecos/ Catfish
4 Snails: 1 Apple, 3 Rams horn
and alot of Red Cherry Shrimp

I would love either a canary or a medium-large parrot, but as my cat is an inside cat that will have to wait
My dream dog is a Tibetan Mastiff :)
Last edited by Dappled Sapphire on Sun May 20, 2012 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dappled Sapphire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stormfire710 » Sun May 20, 2012 3:04 pm

If possible,a wolf.
I would also like a German Shepard or a Husky :D
Image I LOVE ONE DIRECTION PEWDIEPIE TOBUSCUS AND CRYAOTIC AND DAN AND PHIL and SUPERNATURAL :D
Stormfire710

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GrumpyCinnamonster » Sun May 20, 2012 3:56 pm

I have:
2 Pomeranians
1 Pekingese
3 cats
2 bearded dragons
1 catfish

Technically speaking, I only own 1 pom, the beardies, and the catfish. In other words, when I move out my mother had forbidden me from taking the others with me. :lol: She'd honestly like me to not take the 1 pom as well, but he belongs to me as an individual, instead of the entire family. He's also very closely bonded to just me, so there is no way I could bring myself to leave him while I went to live somewhere else, unless I could not possibly take him with me. He'd get so depressed.

My dream pets:
*Gila monsters and beaded lizards. I'm hoping to specialize in their care and conservation. I'll need to gain a lot more years of experience, money, and the permits required to own them in my state first. Honestly though, if I could just work with them via a zoo, university, or wildlife facility, then that's enough for me.
*Hawkhead Parrot - Once again, I need more experience. I know there are some breeders in my state, so I'm hoping one will be able to mentor me when I'm ready to commit to a Hawkhead.
*Newfoundland - One day when I own my own home. Gorgeous dogs.

The above are all far in the future goals, because I feel I really do need to gain the experience first and I need to actually own a home. The only thing I'm planning on right now is an English budgie or lineolated parakeet. One or the other, not both.
GrumpyCinnamonster

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ^KitKat^ » Sun May 20, 2012 4:46 pm

My dream pet is a horse. The one in my signature is based on a real horse that I've ridden. I adore him, he's the best :D
Take a child, raise her into a perfect psychopath, introduce her to the Doctor. Who else was I going to fall in love with? - River Song
When I was a little girl, I had an imaginary friend.
And when I grew up, he came back.
-
Amy Pond
A dedicated Whovian from the age of 8 years old
RIP Elisabeth Sladen

ImageImage
^KitKat^

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lucky J » Mon May 21, 2012 5:50 am

My dam pet is my horse, a beautiful bay anglo arab mare. she is me life, i spend every minute i can with her and we are working very hard to get to the top of the show jumping world :) though I do loe my cavalier king charles spaniel, our border collie and her puppy who I am trying to train in agility.
Image My and my girl Showjumping!
Lucky J

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Squishy Fishy » Fri May 25, 2012 6:49 pm

BigBang wrote:
I want a Chinchilla. Never been able to have one, because they cost too much. Or a Ferret, but my mom says they smell so I can't have one. I'd also like a Sugar Glider as well, but I doubt I can have one of those.
Maybe I can talk my mom into letting me get a few mice in a couple of months though. I've recently become enamored with them.

I own mostly rats, 14 of them technically, a rabbit, we have a total three cats, and five dogs. So a full house basically.

I breed chinchillas :3
Squishy Fishy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LeeLinn » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:53 am

In a few years I want to get a couple of Guinea pigs and make them a C&C cage. I have been obsessing over Guinea pigs and researching them for about a month or two. Also, when I start college I want to get another small dog for my puppy about his age to keep him company while i'm gone and to be a companion for me and my pup I have now. So, my dream pets will be...

A pair of Guinea pigs
A small shelter dog
LeeLinn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thatbandkid » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:30 am