Reptiles - Geckos, Lizards, Snakes, and Turtles!

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Reptiles - Geckos, Lizards, Snakes, and Turtles!

Postby blueh » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:41 pm

vencrypt wrote:
blueh wrote:
i dont like her. her tanks need upgrades and instead of providing that, she buys more animals. id consider her something of a hoarder. impulse buys pets constantly. supports betta sororities. supportive of brian barczyk. dangerous anthropomorphism. has repeatedly put her animals in danger--ie, taking her crested gecko to the store, bringing reptiles into places that only cause stress, etc. i'm pretty sure she brought some animals with her to vidcon? also the whole turtle thing where she literally bought 80 turtles illegally without the means to care for them. the entire blackthroat monitor (you dont just get a monitor and not know what species it is??) thing. i've heard things about her fish being in overstocked tanks but i cant verify that because i im not a fish person. she makes how to care videos waaaaaaaay too soon after having a pet for only a short amount of time. she doesn't respond to criticism at all.

personally i only see a hoarder. if she really cared about her animals, she'd focus on giving them tank upgrades instead of buying more.

what's wrong with Betta sororities? they've been done before, and if you have a large enough tank it can and has been done, depending on the temperament of your fish. And when I mean sororities, I only support a mostly female one.

i dont actually check cs a lot so im not gonna go super in depth about it but.... this video here has some information on it! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEarfUEQAcw

and basically the td;dr is that bettas are solitary fish and that fighting can and will happen. it can be sudden - the betta actually fighting is the CLIMAX of the stress cultivated within a sorority, it won’t happen immediately. theres absolutely no benefit besides human gratification and ive never been one to wait until my animal is hurt before separating them. better to just eliminate the risk of fights entirely. its pretty much the same reason i dont recommend cohabbing reptiles.

this is a reptile thread tho ! more info about it can b found online.

LOCW_Bluestarwarrior: cutie! i love cresties

my reptiles (aka my personal pets)
1.1 Uromastyx geyri, 3.1 Uromastyx ornata, 1.0 Uromastyx acanthinurus nigriventris, 2.0 piebald ball pythons, 1.0 puma ball python

i study lizards & bugs and like animals

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.
blueh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skysuits » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:44 pm

Hey guys so my teacher is going to give me some moss and I was thinking about putting it in my gecko tank... is there any type of moss I shouldn’t put in the tank? (I don’t remember the name at the moment but will update with them later)
Skysuits

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vencrypt » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:06 pm

Skysuits wrote:Hey guys so my teacher is going to give me some moss and I was thinking about putting it in my gecko tank... is there any type of moss I shouldn’t put in the tank? (I don’t remember the name at the moment but will update with them later)

What type of gecko are you talking about?

herpetology | aquascaping | entomology
xxxxthey/them | artist | ecologist

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

❝ ❝
Don't you ever feel like you've been destined for something bigger than your skin?
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX❞ ❞
xxHeyo I'm Ven. I like reptiles and fish. Currently in college pursuing
a major in Ecology and Environmental Science degree, with a focus on ichthyology.

xxxxxxxx
img by
crowprince
xxxxxxxx
vencrypt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skysuits » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:36 am

vencrypt wrote:
Skysuits wrote:Hey guys so my teacher is going to give me some moss and I was thinking about putting it in my gecko tank... is there any type of moss I shouldn’t put in the tank? (I don’t remember the name at the moment but will update with them later)

crested gecko
Skysuits

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vencrypt » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:13 am

Skysuits wrote:
vencrypt wrote:

crested gecko

use organic moss (like don't go picking moss from outside)
spagnum moss, organic topsoil is great too for maintaining humidity. it's best to spray the tank at least 1-2 times a day too.

❝ ❝
Don't you ever feel like you've been destined for something bigger than your skin?
a major in Ecology and Environmental Science degree, with a focus on ichthyology.

xxxxxxxx
img by
crowprince
xxxxxxxx
vencrypt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skysuits » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:02 am

Skysuits wrote:
vencrypt wrote:

crested gecko

use organic moss (like don't go picking moss from outside)
spagnum moss, organic topsoil is great too for maintaining humidity. it's best to spray the tank at least 1-2 times a day too.

The moss was grown by a store, so it wasn't taken from outside. But it's not spagnum moss
Skysuits

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby endermiss » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:34 am

Skysuits wrote:
vencrypt wrote:

crested gecko

how big is your tank? i had some issues with moss bc cresties need a 'dry down' period. but any store bought moss is fine as far as i know

any tips on making a crestie grow faster? domino has gone from 5 grams to 7 grams since july
endermiss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skysuits » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:40 am

endermiss wrote: big is your tank? i had some issues with moss bc cresties need a 'dry down' period. but any store bought moss is fine as far as i know

I have a 10 gallon rn because when I get my gecko in January it will be a baby, but the moss would hardly cover a corner of the tank. (also its hypnum moss!)
Skysuits

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DestinyDragons101 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:57 pm

So I am a pet owner, mainly snakes, but we do have an African fat-tail and Leopard Gecko. Thelma and Louise. The snakes? Uh.. I'll DM you. I don't want to scare you guys... Anyways, they're all happy and everything.
DD101
DestinyDragons101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vencrypt » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:27 am

Skysuits wrote:
endermiss wrote: big is your tank? i had some issues with moss bc cresties need a 'dry down' period. but any store bought moss is fine as far as i know

I have a 10 gallon rn because when I get my gecko in January it will be a baby, but the moss would hardly cover a corner of the tank. (also its hypnum moss!)

it should be fine then. show us pics when you do get it :D can't wait to see it!

❝ ❝

xxxxxxxx
img by
crowprince
xxxxxxxx
vencrypt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me