LOCK? DELETE? OLD Rabbit Owners- NEW LINK INSIDE

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat!

Postby Laark » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:42 am

My new buck and my doe are both super sweet, my older buck is.. selectively sweet. Hes very good if we have treats for him, otherwise he thumps at us constantly.
hey there, Im Laark, I am an adult player. I had baby number 2 on March 15, 2024 and will be absent from many games for a bit.
howrse / Lioden side / lioden main / wolvden/ feel free to add me on any!
Laark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Polly44 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:07 am

My doe can be tempermental when she wants and she does thump sometimes and grunt on the odd occasion, but most of the time she is lovely. Though she has nipped a few times, but nothing major.
Polly44

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Laark » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:56 am

Polly44 wrote:My doe can be tempermental when she wants and she does thump sometimes and grunt on the odd occasion, but most of the time she is lovely. Though she has nipped a few times, but nothing major.

My doe recently nibbled on my hand. She decided it was in fact, not tasty. (not as tasty as her favorite treat, grapes. which I had just eaten)
hey there, Im Laark, I am an adult player. I had baby number 2 on March 15, 2024 and will be absent from many games for a bit.
howrse / Lioden side / lioden main / wolvden/ feel free to add me on any!
Laark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby . mira . » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:09 pm

I'm upset right now. Please help or offer a suggestion if you can! My 7-month old, Netherland Dwarf female is becoming possessive. Over her food, rolly ball, and stuffed animal. I didn't know what to do. When I got near her food, she grunted loudly and punched her paws against the floor of the cage. She also thumped her feet. She kept doing this and I hit her (not too hard), and yelled a little. I didn't know what to do since she's never done this. Just now, I've been moving her stuff around the cage, showing her it's mine. She still attacks the stuffed animal if I get it near her. Just now I found out that you shouldn't yell or hit them. Please help me. This is my 3rd rabbit, but the other two were larger breeds (brother and sister) and I had them a while ago. They didn't have this problem. (Although, they were outdoor hutch rabbits, and my Netherland Dwarf is in indoor, if that makes a difference.) I got her from a breeder 5 months ago. She did occasionally grunt then, but showed no possessiveness. This just started today. I feel bad about it.
──-───────────────────────
hi, i'm mira. i'm into all things equine, especia
lly hunter jumping, as well as, realistic animal
roleplays. i am a bunny and doberman mom.

───────────────────────-──
──-───────────────────
she/her // straight // american
christian // optimist

───────────────────-──
──-──TO───────────────
pm me any time to talk, i'm friendly.
────────────PASS───-──
──-───────────────────
if you're wondering, the glass is half full.
signature credit

───────────────────-──
. mira .

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lizbutt » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:26 pm

Have you spayed her yet? And buns don't respond to being hit or smacked like a dog.

You can call me a L I Z B U T T

{coffee lover}
Sign: Gemini

My username use to be Carry.
Lizbutt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wifflebee » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:40 pm

Hi guys! I've posted on here a few times but not for quite a bit, so I'll reintroduce myself. c: I'm She-Hound, I've raised, bred, and shown Netherlands Dwarf rabbits and Dutch for 6+ years now and have dealt with a variety of problems/situations regarding behavior, health, etc. I own quite a few now, 20+, all loved very much, though I do have a favorite which is my herd buck, Percy. c: Sometime I'll have to go out and get some pictures and I'll certainly post some if you guys are interested in seeing my babies! I'll try to pop in and give advice whenever is needed and I'm always open for a chat, rabbit related or not!

@Mira27 -- 6-7 months is when does hit optimal breeding age and some can get aggressive. I've especially noticed this with my dwarfs. :/ From what I've experienced, depending on the rabbit, some grow out of it and mellow out with age and some can just be moody from that point out. Spaying is an option but can be risky especially for small breeds. Doing exactly what you're doing, - reclaiming the cage by moving things around/touching things and her can help. Definitely don't back down and don't let her win. Keep showing her that you aren't afraid and try to have patience despite how frustrating it can be. I have a few does like that myself. c:
{ She/Her | My dA | Discord #2644 | The Fish Bowl | Toyhou.se}
[| Commissions;; OPEN |]
*Currently open for feral character design commissions ONLY. Message me! c: USD Only, sorry! :c

Wifflebee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wishful Thinking. » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:04 pm

Wishful Thinking.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wifflebee » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:08 pm

@Wishful Thinking. -- About how big are they? Just a rough estimate of weight/size comparison would be helpful. :]
{ She/Her | My dA | Discord #2644 | The Fish Bowl | Toyhou.se}
[| Commissions;; OPEN |]
*Currently open for feral character design commissions ONLY. Message me! c: USD Only, sorry! :c

Wifflebee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wishful Thinking. » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:17 pm

She-Hound wrote:

@Wishful Thinking. -- About how big are they? Just a rough estimate of weight/size comparison would be helpful. :]

They are both pretty small, I'd say no more than 4/5 pounds. Both about a foot long from head to tail.
Wishful Thinking.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jingle bells. » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:03 pm

Sorry if this is innopropriate to ask on CS, but my rabbit is mounting various things every time I bring him out to excersice. He is not neutered, but we are afraid to do so because he is 6 years old and almost 7. I don't want a rabbit that mounts random things when I just want to hang out with him; and neither do I want to turn him into a breeding rabbit, or show him. (He doesn't have good conformation anyway). So what should I do? Thank you for any help!
jingle bells.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me