Do You Ride Horses? V.4

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re:

Postby paleosuchus » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:41 am

atychiphobia wrote:okay so I’m just gonna jump in here because I just needed to tell someone the news
Let me take you back a few days...
I was at a friends and my mum called asking if I wanted to see this show of this singer and horse trainer. I had no idea what she was talking about but being me I naturally said yes. Saw the show the next day and decided I loved what this guy did, his lifestyle and the fact he had taken my three passions and made a living out of it.
After the show I sent him a message on social media not exactly expecting him to read it or reply - famous people y’know?
I told him a bit about me and my experience with horses and asked if I could work on his property for a bit after I left school (a cattle station in the dry part of Australia)

He said yes.

The things I will learn will be so valuable but I’m trying to not to set my hopes too high. I haven’t worked with much cattle before but he knows that. I’m just excited. He seems to be a genuine and good guy, I mean during his show he was raising an incredible amount for a charity, all the money from his best selling cd was going towards it. He gave out so many free albums I doubt he made much money from the show at all and all his animals were super friendly, happy and in good health.

I can’t belive he agreed. I hope all goes really well and at best I’ll learn so much about training many different animals, breaking in and training horses, playing and writing music and boy what a thing for the resume.

Thats amazing! Congrats!
Selene . they/them
aries . adult
Hoarding the Halloween’22 gummy snakes!
Stay foolish to Stay sane

Pet's name: Gumsworth, Lord of the Gumlings
credit . link . hoard
paleosuchus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Do You Ride Horses? V.4

Postby gamorasass » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:44 am

I miss riding so much. Especially while seeing my friends prepping for show season. That should be me too :c
      To make matters worse, not only can I physically not ride anymore, but my allergy test came back as severely allergic to horses. It's like the universe is against me riding/being around horses and it sucks.

♕── IT'S JUST SOME]XXX
      XXXXUNSPOKEN THING

just you average marvel nerd &
      starmora enthusiast living life as
      a full time working cat mom!
      LIGHTS OFF!

┌──────────────────┐
      service dog chat job chat
      └──────────────────┘
gamorasass

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bantry bay » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:09 am

so as of late i've noticed my two-point (jumping position) is really quite bad. my leg (which used to be quite strong) swings back and i either lean forward over my horses ears, stand up, or forget to do anything at all. my position is good on the flat, and i regularly do excercies on the flat with my two-point without the actual jumping part, where once again it is fine. any advice on how to fix this?
        (keep in mind that part of my problem is bad timing - i tend to not close my leg at the base of the jump and just let jesus take the wheel haha. i took a month and a half break from riding from nov-dec and a partial break from jumping from aug-oct (only jumped a lesson pony once a week, compared to jumping my own pony 3-5 times a week) i do have a bit of a defensive position because my horse has a history of refusals).
──-───────────
they/them/theirs
ve/vir/vis

───────────-──
███░████████ █

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░██████████████████████████ █
──-─────────────────────────────

i’m samael, a stablehand working towards an
animal science degree and vet school.
not particularly active.

─────────────────────────────-──
███░██████████████████████████ █
███░████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-───────────────
sig credit art da fr th dv referral
my dms are always open

───────────────-──
.•*¨¨*•.¸.•*¨¨*•.
███░████████████ █

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
bantry bay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:34 am

ride and jump without stirups ....lots of trot, small jump, natural jumps help too...or put money between saddle and leg....or use blindfold/closed eyes and trainer tells you what to do when to get the feeling ;)
ask someone like parent or trainer to make a video when you ride-jump too see after what you did wrong ,helps too^^

but best is to work at it with a trainer, they can help best and find a way to change it ...sometimes even with riding an other horse^^
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cornspurrd. » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:41 pm

haven't posted in awhile! Just gonna drop some photos from earlier in the year. Journey is the best pony ever and my instructor is still always yelling at me because i am always very confused. So much to remember and do. It becomes second nature after awhile though so thats nice. Nothing much has changed. I miss coop :(
https://imgur.com/a/XMRMWIH

Smile and wave...
cornspurrd.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hyensa » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:28 am

Took Elvis out for a ride the other day with the weather breaking and he's been doing great easing back into work.
He has some respiratory issues so the days that we can go for walks is kind of limited depending on his flare ups.

One of the mares kicked me the other day too and that is not doing well at all lol.
Hyensa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Licorice. » Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:54 am

Just came back from a training at a therapeutic riding center where I have been volunteering for about 2 years. Got to work with a handsome Percheron gelding who is the newest to the heard. He is blind in one eye so it was really interesting to be able to lead him. He is such a sweetheart! He is so trusting of humans and loves the attention!

Just started riding again after a hiatus of bad weather. So good to see my baby girl again. Going out tomorrow to ride. Had a good lesson the other week but the cantering without stirrups was hard. I need to use my seat more.

Edit: Just came back from a lesson. Nifty was all wound up and it took a while for her to calm down. Had a good lesson though. Worked on walk, trot and canter. Did not do stirupless work today though. Worked on collection and extension instead and getting her head. She was very sweaty at the end and I enjoyed a free seat warmer when we did a bareback cool-down. Riding next weekend if weather is good.
Last edited by Licorice. on Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
Licorice.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby paleosuchus » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:12 am

@hyensa
I love that saddle color its beautiful! Some of the horses at the stable I work at also have respiratory problems and they either get worse or better with warmer weather (its not as harsh on their lungs but they get ridden more often). Hopefully your horse will be feeling better soon. If I may ask, is Elvis on any medication? I know theres this syrup (forgot the name) we give to one of our horses when he has breathing fits and it helps almost immediately. I've also heard given them mints before riding them can help :)
Selene . they/them
aries . adult
Hoarding the Halloween’22 gummy snakes!
Stay foolish to Stay sane

Pet's name: Gumsworth, Lord of the Gumlings
credit . link . hoard
paleosuchus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hyensa » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:48 am

honeybears wrote:@hyensa
I love that saddle color its beautiful! Some of the horses at the stable I work at also have respiratory problems and they either get worse or better with warmer weather (its not as harsh on their lungs but they get ridden more often). Hopefully your horse will be feeling better soon. If I may ask, is Elvis on any medication? I know theres this syrup (forgot the name) we give to one of our horses when he has breathing fits and it helps almost immediately. I've also heard given them mints before riding them can help :)

We give him the syrup and it temporarily works, and he occasionally gets a shot too when it's super bad.
We also wet down his hay which seems to help a lot.
We're having the vet out this summer to do a full work up to see if we can completely eliminate the issue all together.
Hyensa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sforzando. » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:07 pm

so I haven't been on this topic since the first version of it, years and years ago, when I owned my own horses haha
so much has happened since then but long story short, grandparents took horses with them across the country, I had a few long hiatuses without riding, and now I'm back, I just started lessons again three weeks ago and I believe I start leasing this Tuesday (or at least sometime this week)

so I have a question for y'all, is getting a GoPro to record riding worth it? I wanna get this akaso to go on my helmet when I ride since it's cheaper than a GoPro, and I'm pretty sure I'll use it since I wanna post riding vlogs for myself and family on youtube, but I don't know if I 100% should
elder scrolls instagram acc.
ImageImage
central time. not very active anymore. 911 dispatcher irl.
sforzando.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me