Dog Owner Chat v4

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Dog Owner Chat v4

Postby chase. » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:48 am

heya !

Sorry me and Logan kinda left the thread for awhile - we're back now,

I put the poor child in my friend's over sized hoodie to see if he'd wear clothes for the modelling and he was fine (after he fell going up the stairs before we had the chance to roll the sleeves up ><)

If you guys want some pictures of him in the hoodie I can post a couple of you want?
chase.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imzadi83 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:51 am

^Aw, he's rocking that leaf. Happy fall ya'all!

I'd love to see him in a hoodie. :)
Looking for a real life pet? http://www.petfinder.com Adopt a homeless Pet!
Give Food To Homeless Pets FREE & Freekibble
Imzadi83

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LizzytheWolf » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:33 am

halogen. wrote:
LizzytheWolf wrote:It's really hard keeping Chess in a separate room whileI take Justin out for a walk. She just wants to get out of her room and check out Justin who she seems to think is very interesting. When she's not in in her room, she likes sleeping by the laundry room door while he's barking up a storm. We can't hate off the laundry room since it's right next to the backdoor where she'll sit if she needs to go out.
My mom is home all day and it's really annoying when she's trying to concentrate on housework.

Did they have a proper introduction before you brought Chess was brought into your home ?

Justin went crazy, snarling and barking when we took Chess in. She was terrified, huddled in the back of her crate and I had to hold Justin back (which is not easy with him, he's very strong).
Justin has never behaved this way with any other dog.
Yesterday, we took them into the living room together for the fourth time and my dad held Justin, who was going crazy like before and I had Chesserie on a leash. She just sat looking up at me with the saddest eyes and never paid any attention to him.
Separate, they're both well behaved but in the same room, Justin finds the smallest thing that will tick her off.

I've been researching bernedoodles and they're a very interesting breed, they're supposed to have a great temperament but Chess is more like a moody cat who'll snap if you pet her for too long. She's almost as tall as Justin but she doesn't have the normal BD markings.
http://s3.amazonaws.com/pics.hoobly.com ... 2hxaT1.jpg
She has these colors but with a black stripe from her nose to between her shoulders.
- - - - -
I took Chess for a walk today, my mom has been walking her since we got her. I found out that she needs to wear a harness while walking, which mom apparently has not noticed. I bought her a very pretty sparkly pink harness and she does great with it.
Sarah came over with Rocky, I took both Justin and Chess into the backyard with Rocky and poof! No fighting, I was amazed, Justin looked like he'd been best friends with Chess.
Sarah and I are sitting with the three dogs in the living room and still no disagreement. Rocky has somehow become the zen master.
I have quit. Goodbye.
Profile pic is art of my GSD/Elkound mix, Justin. Credit to Kasezki on Deviantart.
LizzytheWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skysong » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:28 pm

So we clipped Gizmo's nails today.

I was holding him, it took like 5 minutes to clip his nails and a bit longer to file.
So how we did it was clip all the nails, then file. But in the meantime, I was holding him, and got clawed by the sharp parts of his freshly trimmed claws.

My arm has a couple cuts, which have been cleaned and taken care of.

Gizmos feet don't hurt from his nails, they grow fast and they get clipped like once every week and even then they grow really fast, so my mom is gonna bump it to clippings twice a week as needed.

My poor arm though TT-TT
Skysong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cornspurrd. » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:31 pm

I am terrified to go into my own front yard with my dog..

My neightbor has a very very agressive dog who almost killed my dog last year who they just keep loose in the front yard... That dog is strong too! She is an Australian Cattle dog, And she Almost Killed My Great Dane Mix.. And today she was loose in the yard again and My dog slipped outside for litterly 6 seconds and the neighbors dog was already on top of him.. I am litterly shaking typing this in..

Anyways.. I need help, I always ask them to put their dog inside BUT THEY ARE NEVER HOME this is crazy its not okay.
Smile and wave...
cornspurrd.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skysong » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:37 pm

Rattielover0709 wrote:I am terrified to go into my own front yard with my dog..

My neightbor has a very very agressive dog who almost killed my dog last year who they just keep loose in the front yard... That dog is strong too! She is an Australian Cattle dog, And she Almost Killed My Great Dane Mix.. And today she was loose in the yard again and My dog slipped outside for litterly 6 seconds and the neighbors dog was already on top of him.. I am litterly shaking typing this in..

Anyways.. I need help, I always ask them to put their dog inside BUT THEY ARE NEVER HOME this is crazy its not okay.

I'd call animal control if the dog is attacking other animals.

If it attacks other dogs, it could attack and harm a person.
Skysong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imzadi83 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:37 pm

Skysong wrote:
Rattielover0709 wrote:I am terrified to go into my own front yard with my dog..

I'd call animal control if the dog is attacking other animals.

If it attacks other dogs, it could attack and harm a person.

I agree on calling AC. There is no excuse for not keep their dog in their own yard. Not only is it dangerous for you and your dog but it is dangerous for their dog as well. Their dog could get hurt/killed in a fight, get hit by a car, injured by a cruel person, etc.

You might want to carry some dog repellent, an umbrella, or maybe some pepper spray.
Looking for a real life pet? http://www.petfinder.com Adopt a homeless Pet!
Give Food To Homeless Pets FREE & Freekibble
Imzadi83

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maninkari » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:34 pm

Grossss. My nasty puppy she just gotta roll in everything. (Don't mind my overreactions, it makes JJ happy so I get a little dramatic with her, lol)

Here she is yesterday when she was clean. RIP JJ's white spots.

heck
maninkari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skysong » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:42 pm

maninkari wrote:Grossss. My nasty puppy she just gotta roll in everything. (Don't mind my overreactions, it makes JJ happy so I get a little dramatic with her, lol)

Here she is yesterday when she was clean. RIP JJ's white spots.

"My dog used to be white." 😂😂😂😂

RELATABLE FEELS.

Two terrier mixes who love rolling in whatever they can get into?
Oh man 😂😂

I laid own next to Lilly and she went from sleeping, to half asleep licking my face, then to gently flea biting.
Lilly feels the need to groom me and I'm just ?????
I appreciate the offer, but why???
Skysong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maninkari » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:06 pm

Must be a terrier thing. She's all clean now, but this has got to be her last bath for a while.

Also, my method of cleaning her is just putting her in the shower with me. She likes it way more than baths. I am a genius. Bo's owner does the same with him now :lol:
heck
maninkari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me