LOCK? DELETE? OLD Rabbit Owners- NEW LINK INSIDE

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat!

Postby The Mean Kitty » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:29 am

Oh my gosh Daisy those are precious. <3 And no, haven't heard of anybody going, actually I thought convention was already over, lol. xD We didn't go, so I've not really been paying attention to it. Too bad you don't live around me, I'm selling my black magpie buck, Blake. =P Decided to keep his son instead.

Also it looks like both magpie babies are does, I'm amazed they weren't both bucks with my luck, and it also looks like the hotots are 2 does and a buck, if there really is 2 does I will be so happy/surprised. xD I never hardly get does!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mods: My nieces are Kaylee197 and Rosie197. We sometimes share an IP.
The Mean Kitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baby bunnies! » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:36 am

The Mean Kitty wrote:Also it looks like both magpie babies are does, I'm amazed they weren't both bucks with my luck, and it also looks like the hotots are 2 does and a buck, if there really is 2 does I will be so happy/surprised. xD I never hardly get does!

Almost all of my last batch of litters turned out to be half bucks and half does. xD I always get more bucks than does so this is a nice yet odd thing.
Status/sayings: Life being consumed by rabbits and dancing.
Hi I am Baby bunnies! but you can call me BB
I love to do art. Before December 2014 all art that I did was with a mouse. I now work with a Bamboo tablet. Also please note that I expect something in return for customs, I put time into every piece.
I own rabbits! I love to show my rabbits and and have gotten many first place ribbons, a lot of Best of Breed, Best Opposite Breed, Best of Variety, & Best Opposite Variety awards. My rabbits have also gotten Reserve in Show and Best 6 class. I, personally, have gotten Reserve Champion and Grand Champion awards. I take part in Rabbit Royalty! If you have any questions about Rabbits then please ask and I shall answer as best that I can.
Info on how to properly raise rabbits and show them. Rabbit Blog
Rabbit Q&A ~ Baby bunnies! and teresa8oats

Image Image Image
Baby bunnies!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sleipnir » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:14 am

^^^I've actually never had an issue with this... My nethies I've bought always settled in without any stress even when I mess with them.

As a rhinelander breeder, here is my profession (not professional) advice:

Treats. Healthy ones, but treats. As long as he isn't attacking you, get some rolled oats, offer it in your hand until he gets curious. At first when he doesn't come up to you put it in his feeder but make sure you've offered it first.
This is how I tame rabbits and it works pretty dang well.
Sleipnir

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baby bunnies! » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:06 am

Sleipnir wrote:^^^I've actually never had an issue with this... My nethies I've bought always settled in without any stress even when I mess with them.

As a rhinelander breeder, here is my profession (not professional) advice:

Treats. Healthy ones, but treats. As long as he isn't attacking you, get some rolled oats, offer it in your hand until he gets curious. At first when he doesn't come up to you put it in his feeder but make sure you've offered it first.
This is how I tame rabbits and it works pretty dang well.

Yep! Rolled oats, wheat bran, black oil sunflower seeds, flax seeds, etc are all great natural healthy treats that are great ice breakers for shy, scared, or aggressive rabbits.
I love to do art. Before December 2014 all art that I did was with a mouse. I now work with a Bamboo tablet. Also please note that I expect something in return for customs, I put time into every piece.
I own rabbits! I love to show my rabbits and and have gotten many first place ribbons, a lot of Best of Breed, Best Opposite Breed, Best of Variety, & Best Opposite Variety awards. My rabbits have also gotten Reserve in Show and Best 6 class. I, personally, have gotten Reserve Champion and Grand Champion awards. I take part in Rabbit Royalty! If you have any questions about Rabbits then please ask and I shall answer as best that I can.

Image Image Image
Baby bunnies!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Haagen-Daagen » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:48 pm

Just sharing this pic of Mr. Max chillaxing on the stairs. Cx Image
Last edited by Haagen-Daagen on Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Do you own characters designed by me? (old username is 4dogowner) PM me! I'd love to draw art of some of my older designs, free of charge. <3
Toyhou.se
"Being courageous isn't the same as being fearless; it is doing what's right even when you're scared to death."

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds."
"You are never a failure until you begin blaming your mistakes on someone else."
"Joy is a fully loaded magazine and a puppy."
Haagen-Daagen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _breezy_star_ » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:15 pm

The Mean Kitty wrote:BABY PICS! Gonna try and get better pictures of at least the hotots today/tomorrow, these were taken a couple days ago when only 2 of the 3 baby hotots had their eyes open, and those 2 didn't want to sit still at all. xD Niether did the harlequins though! They were hopping around like crazy. Like it took me forever just too get these 4 decent-ish pictures. xD The hotots were actually out of their next box today, all 3 of them. And here the Harlequins which are like 1-2 weeks older only just started getting out of the next box early this week maybe? xD

So adorable!! <3 I just bred my Harlequin/Californian/Flemish Giant doe to my New Zealand Red buck. lol I am so excited to see what random colors come out of that. xD I love Harlequins! I have a purebred Harlequin doe too. :) She's a lilac. Not sure if I've ever shared their pictures before. So here they are. =P

This is Gyda when she was a baby. :3 I love her so much. I got her at the feed store for $14... she was just too cute and I couldn't leave her. lol

This is her now... she's gotta be about 9-10 pounds. lol

This is Inga when she was younger. Haven't gotten a picture of her in a while. She's a purebred Harlequin, but not showable because of a white paw. I think she was the runt in her litter because she is on the small side. Not sure if I am going to breed her to the same NZ buck or just let her be. lol

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
🐶 Ginger . Brody
🐱 Kieran . Delaney . Ian
🐭 Dorian
🐰 Beau . Davey . Juniper . Sorren

ImageImage Image
_breezy_star_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _breezy_star_ » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:23 pm

And in other news, I bred a bunch of does for April litters. :3 It's been since September for my last litters. I am feeling very deprived. lol I bred 5 Jersey Wooly does, 2 Mini Lop does and then Gyda, like I said in my last post. :)

I also plan on going to the Ohio Mini Convention in May and entering the Jersey Wooly Nationals show too. Should be pretty crazy. lol My friend talked me into going with her and sharing in hotel and gas money. Hopefully it's not too stressful. Haha. Going to be an expensive weekend though. We both plan on spending at least $250. Fun, fun. xD

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
🐶 Ginger . Brody
🐱 Kieran . Delaney . Ian
🐭 Dorian
🐰 Beau . Davey . Juniper . Sorren

ImageImage Image
_breezy_star_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Mean Kitty » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:41 am

_breezy_star_ wrote:And in other news, I bred a bunch of does for April litters. :3 It's been since September for my last litters. I am feeling very deprived. lol I bred 5 Jersey Wooly does, 2 Mini Lop does and then Gyda, like I said in my last post. :)

I also plan on going to the Ohio Mini Convention in May and entering the Jersey Wooly Nationals show too. Should be pretty crazy. lol My friend talked me into going with her and sharing in hotel and gas money. Hopefully it's not too stressful. Haha. Going to be an expensive weekend though. We both plan on spending at least $250. Fun, fun. xD

Wow, that'll be lots of babies! Haha. :) And those 2 are so cute! <3 We breed our rabbits to have a litter of polish every other month, so I always have babies to show! xD Then the harlequin/hotots I breed whenever I feel is best pretty much/when I have room. Of course now I don't have a hotot buck, unless we can get that old one to breed... we've had no luck with him yet though.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mods: My nieces are Kaylee197 and Rosie197. We sometimes share an IP.
The Mean Kitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby thunderofthedrum » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:28 am

Has anyone moved across the country with their rabbit(s)?
I've been making general plans of a future with someone but the initial move would likely be to a northern state (I'm in a southern) and who knows where in the US after that.

I'm not super concerned because I just have one rabbit and she lives indoors (where she can race around on carpet and get plenty of snuggles) so she won't be experiencing the full climate changes, but I'm still curious. And then there is the moving process itself. She's moved with me plenty of times while I was in college and shortly after, as well as occasional weekend visits when my parents were just an hour away, but nothing since then and the longest journey was still only 3 hours.

I'm curious to see how she handles snow though. xD
My boyfriend has snow right now and we have sunny and balmy, like 80 F.
Luckily we won't be getting a dog within the first couple years at least; after my bunny dies we'll likely start talking more seriously about it. I've had... like 11 different roommates not including my ex boyfriend or living at home with parents so the discussion of cage placement, routines, what not to do with her, etc, is all nothing new to me. I just feel bad about the idea of sticking her in the car for 25 hours unless he's transferred somewhere else before then. Obviously it wouldn't be all in one day and there'd be breaks for her to stretch her legs (me too!), but it'd certainly be the longest road trip for either of us.
thunderofthedrum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baby bunnies! » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:01 am

Your bun should be just fine. People travel very long distances for rabbit shows each year and the buns remain safe and healthy. Since your rabbit is used to traveling shorter distances she should be able to handle a longer trip. Just make sure she is in a safe travel carrier that is secure, allow some stretching time, and that she has water and food around and most importantly hay (it is a stress reducing food for rabbits.) Keeping her daily routine will help reduce stress. (If you have a snuggle time, try and fit that into the day and if she has a specific food time, feed her at that time.) I would be sure to include some Critical Care on your trip just in case she stops eating. Try not to let her outside during your travels if the weather is polar opposites of what she is used to. Immediately get her to the house so that there is no extra stress for her from the climate change. She will adapt but it is a good idea sort of trick her into thinking that everything is the same as always. Otherwise I think she should be just fine.

Image Image Image
Baby bunnies!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me