LOCK? DELETE? OLD Rabbit Owners- NEW LINK INSIDE

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat!

Postby Autumnlp99 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:06 am

hullo peoples :-)
I freaking adore rabbits, I had one recently named nibblet but he sadly died from old age, i'm thinking about getting another rabbit, is there any pet stores/rabbit breeders you guys could recommend? (i'm looking to get a dwarf bunny)
Hey everyone! You can call me Autumn! I love to collect and trade!

Autumnlp99

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Daisywolf14 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:10 am

AUTUMN6550 wrote:hullo peoples :-)
I freaking adore rabbits, I had one recently named nibblet but he sadly died from old age, i'm thinking about getting another rabbit, is there any pet stores/rabbit breeders you guys could recommend? (i'm looking to get a dwarf bunny)

Hello! i'm going to say don't go to a pet store. Netherland dwarf? Or another kind? I would wait until after easter and go to a shelter to
get a bun. Most of the rabbits that are there where unwanted easter gifts and looking for forever homes.
"I love rabbits, cavies, goats, horses, steer, swine, poultry, dogs and cats"

Daisywolf14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lincoln » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:22 am

Daisywolf14 wrote:
AUTUMN6550 wrote:hullo peoples :-)

Hello! i'm going to say don't go to a pet store. Netherland dwarf? Or another kind? I would wait until after easter and go to a shelter to
get a bun. Most of the rabbits that are there where unwanted easter gifts and looking for forever homes.

Just a small warning: Some Netherland dwarves can be temperamental or territorial. Be aware of that. They are not recommended for childs pets.
Lincoln

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Safire•83• » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:31 am

Daisywolf14 wrote:
Safire•83• wrote:Another question for u rabbit professionals :)
Are there any specific type of rabbit hutch you guys would recommend? I found this one

http://www.wayfair.com/Aosom-LLC-Rabbit ... O1239.html

And I was wondering if you guys would think this is an ok hutch. Thanks :D

I had a hutch like that almost. It was a pain to clean and i could never reach my rabbit. We also had to put in wire mesh on the bottom so it would not dig out.
I would not recommend a hutch like that

Oh ok thanks for warning me. I wanted to get a bigger hutch with a bottom run kind of thing. Are there's any others like throat you could maybe give me the link for?
I am honestly not sure how many pounds serenity is... 6-8lbs maybe? I don't show her so.......... Thank you guys :)
Safire•83•

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sheepish » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:50 am

I don't know if I posted a picture of my little stud muffin xD SO here!

Sorry, these images are huge

^^Look at his heterochromic eyes <3

SO. I have been thinking of breeding him to a female (Don't know what breed as of yet) but I want it to be a healthy mix. Problem is, no one is really sure of his breed and most assume Dutch/Lionhead cross?
♚ — ♔ SZs ♔ — ♛
sheepish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baby bunnies! » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:33 am

He could definitely be a Dutch / Lionhead mix. He is a single maned Lionhead and may eventually lose all of his mane. And he is a vienna marked black. (The Vienna causes blue eyes and sometimes hetero eyes.) You can confidently say that he has lionhead in him, but truly any other smaller breed could be in him. (but Dutch makes the most sense.)
Status/sayings: Life being consumed by rabbits and dancing.
Hi I am Baby bunnies! but you can call me BB
I love to do art. Before December 2014 all art that I did was with a mouse. I now work with a Bamboo tablet. Also please note that I expect something in return for customs, I put time into every piece.
I own rabbits! I love to show my rabbits and and have gotten many first place ribbons, a lot of Best of Breed, Best Opposite Breed, Best of Variety, & Best Opposite Variety awards. My rabbits have also gotten Reserve in Show and Best 6 class. I, personally, have gotten Reserve Champion and Grand Champion awards. I take part in Rabbit Royalty! If you have any questions about Rabbits then please ask and I shall answer as best that I can.
Info on how to properly raise rabbits and show them. Rabbit Blog
Rabbit Q&A ~ Baby bunnies! and teresa8oats

Image Image Image
Baby bunnies!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Mean Kitty » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:33 am

Sheepishlie wrote:
I don't know if I posted a picture of my little stud muffin xD SO here!

Sorry, these images are huge

^^Look at his heterochromic eyes <3

SO. I have been thinking of breeding him to a female (Don't know what breed as of yet) but I want it to be a healthy mix. Problem is, no one is really sure of his breed and most assume Dutch/Lionhead cross?

AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HIS EYES AND HIS FACE AND HIS EVERYTHING AHHHH HE IS SO CUTE OMG *steals* Sorry for spazzing out. I'm super obsessed with animals/people that have 2 different color eyes or 1 eye that's 2 colors, etc. =P

@Daisy: Heheh, I knew you'd like them. xD Yiiis the magpies are my favorite, hence why I have them and not Japs. Lol! And thanks to the other person who said the babies were cute. <3 (Sorry can't remember your UN and too lazy to look. xD)

Speaking of babies I got a couple more pictures of the hotots today. ^3^ They're just too adorable not to take pictures of. xD I hope it's not against CS rules to advertise your farm... I'm not trying too but the name is on the pictures, because we've had problems with people stealing our pictures, and I did post these on Facebook before posting here, so...had to put the name on 'em. x.x

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mods: My nieces are Kaylee197 and Rosie197. We sometimes share an IP.
The Mean Kitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Haagen-Daagen » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:05 pm

Hey guys! Just wanted to post a little update about my Maxy boy. <3 I've had him for about two months now and he is just FABULOUS! He is so lively and social, he's very sweet with our little daycare kids and has gotten to the point where he hardly ever nips anymore.(and when he does it's just a soft nibble or when someone grabs him wrong and spooks him, we're still working on it. Cx) He is super energetic and adventurous, and he has actually discovered how to run up and down our stairs. XD Don't worry, I sit up there with him to make sure he isn't hurt or anything, and he is never out unsupervised. He is such a sweet guy, he and I have bonded so nicely and I absolutely adore this fella. <3 I'm so happy to have him. Cx
I'll update this with more photos(maybe a video) of the little goober when I get around to getting the photos off my camera. C:

Sheepishlie: Your boy is a stunner! Gah those eyes of his! <3 Gorgeous boy!

Do you own characters designed by me? (old username is 4dogowner) PM me! I'd love to draw art of some of my older designs, free of charge. <3
Toyhou.se
"Being courageous isn't the same as being fearless; it is doing what's right even when you're scared to death."

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds."
"You are never a failure until you begin blaming your mistakes on someone else."
"Joy is a fully loaded magazine and a puppy."
Haagen-Daagen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sheepish » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:32 am

@Everyone - Ohmy thanks for all the compliments and I'm sure that little narcissist is certainly basking in this xD
@Baby bunnies! - This is very good information to have, and I thank you for that <3
@The Mean Kitty - BBABY Hotots! They are so freaking adorable I just want to cuddle them but I also don't want to touch them because they look too precious and perfect!
♚ — ♔ SZs ♔ — ♛
sheepish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Daisywolf14 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:28 am

@Kitty
I love japs! But magpies are sooo pretty!
And those hotots are to die for!!!
I really wish I could find a Harlie breeder I want to
Get or do harlies. Know any going to convention?

I think that lionhead is just a Vienna.
We have a lionhead in my 4-H group that has a single
Mane and body type as him.
Very pretty boy though!

Bred autumn yet again XD
To my new holland buck rocky. He's young and did his best.
I think he has good depth to his body and should go well with autumn.

Autumns last litters does are growing out to look really
Nice. The solid orange is honey and the broken orange is orange 50/50

And the little frosty Stuart little
"I love rabbits, cavies, goats, horses, steer, swine, poultry, dogs and cats"

Daisywolf14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me