LOCK? DELETE? OLD Rabbit Owners- NEW LINK INSIDE

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat!

Postby Baby bunnies! » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:27 am

Ella Bear wrote:
Daisywolf14 wrote:Hmm that is weird. Some times the hormones just kick in or have you seperated them for a very long amount of time? Sometimes that can trigger fights if they have been seperated for a while.
Other than that I really don't know.. Mabye someone elese does.

No they have not been separated at all. Because they have been fighting I put a barrier in their cage so that they are still with each other but they can't get to each other, but I just did that yesterday.

Likely hormones or territorial dominance. Even altered rabbits can go through these things just like an unaltered rabbit.It might be safest for them to separate them or just keep the barrier up.
Status/sayings: Life being consumed by rabbits and dancing.
Hi I am Baby bunnies! but you can call me BB
I love to do art. Before December 2014 all art that I did was with a mouse. I now work with a Bamboo tablet. Also please note that I expect something in return for customs, I put time into every piece.
I own rabbits! I love to show my rabbits and and have gotten many first place ribbons, a lot of Best of Breed, Best Opposite Breed, Best of Variety, & Best Opposite Variety awards. My rabbits have also gotten Reserve in Show and Best 6 class. I, personally, have gotten Reserve Champion and Grand Champion awards. I take part in Rabbit Royalty! If you have any questions about Rabbits then please ask and I shall answer as best that I can.
Info on how to properly raise rabbits and show them. Rabbit Blog
Rabbit Q&A ~ Baby bunnies! and teresa8oats

Image Image Image
Baby bunnies!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Mean Kitty » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:35 am

Daisywolf14 wrote:
The Mean Kitty wrote:Hey guys! It's been awhile... things have been hard for me and as such I've not been around much lately, but I thought I'd pop in and give a little update. <3 And also to say I like your new Dutch buck, Daisy, haha!

My dwarf hotot had another litter of 3 a little over a week ago, 1 has their eyes open, that same one has much thicker eyebands then the other 2, as well as a black spot on it's right ear though, but the other 2 are all white aside from there eyebands, hoping for a doe and buck so I can show both at fair this year!

Also an update on one big reason I've been away from the thread for a couple weeks... the harlequin litter. 5 of he 7 did not make it, I'm still not sure what was wrong with any of them, if they were all just stillborn (aside from the 1 which lived a few days) or what, but yeah... and the only 2 surviving one were also the only 2 not showable, he 5 that didn't make it all had nice markings, and marking on harlequins are so hard to get decent too, go figure... =/ Looks like I'll be having to just find them pet homes once they're weaned. Still pretty down about all that happened with this litter, I just hope my next harlequin litter will be better.

Insnt he so cute X3 his name is hush hush it's private lol because my black Dutch does name is secret.

Anyway! Well that's good to hear you had a healthy hotot litter!
Those hotots are so cute! Everyone in my group says they are mean
But I don't believe that.

Man I'm so sorry that's a huge bummer and just sucks! Let us know
How the next Harlie litter goes hopefully well. Loseing kits is never
Fun :(
It's so easy to be discouraged when breeding.
I would take one of those harlies of your hands if I could ;D
I love that breed so much and poor summers gunna have to go soon.

Awww such cute names! <3 I just love Dutch, I keep considering getting a pair or trio of them, not sure if I ever actually will though, haha.

None of my hotots are mean, the bucks especially are sweeties! The does have all been kind of shy, though Veronica during her last litter became rather friendly, now she's kind of gone back to being shy though. I just love them, even though show quality wise my polish are the best rabbits I have, the hotots and harlequins are my favorite. <3 Just love the friendliness of the harlies and the cute little faces of the hotots, and their eyeliner (bands, whatever... I like saying eyeliner more. xD) just aaahhh so cute. <3 Haha.

I've been trying to get pictures of the harlequins for you, but everytime I get the camera out they suddenly become hyper and won't sit still, lol!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mods: My nieces are Kaylee197 and Rosie197. We sometimes share an IP.
The Mean Kitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby E.urka » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:33 am

I can't stand my parents! I don't know what to do!
HELP
I rescued a rabbit the other day from a person who didn't want him anymore, I've had several rabbits before and I have one now that I've had for a year, so even though i'm in school I decided to take in the little rescue since I had extra cages and supplies and plus since Easter is rolling around and the guy was desperate to get rid of him.
I'm in school from Mon-Fri but I come home every Friday night and stay until Monday afternoon (so I guess im in school full time without being home from Tuesday-Thursday)
My father wont leave my bunny alone, and I don't know what to do now! I keep telling him that with new bunnies they need to not be taken out of their cage for atleast three days, and even then you have to be carful, and you'd think he'd listen cause i'm studying veterinary medicine and small animal care- but, nooooo..
Anyways, he keeps saying "Oh well the more you pick him up and hold him the better he will get" and the rabbit is clearly terrified and always skitters and grunts when picked up. I keep begging him to stop, but then he gets mad at me and accuses me of not caring about him because i'm not holding him
To make it 1000001x more worse, now he's letting all the animals be around the cage (a pug, two cats and another rabbit) and he's soo scared! I beg him to keep the door closed but he gets mad and complains that with the door closed the heat cant circulate around the place, and as soon as I leave he opens it again. The two rabbits fight between the bars and he acts like it's not a big deal! My other, older rabbit now has cuts inside his mouth and on his nose from fighting with the other on between the bars. It makes me SO angry! And now, the new rabbit attacks me when I go to feed it, it bites and scratches me when I have to interact and it grunting and stomping and I blame my dad!
I already asked my landlord if I could take him with me, but he said no rabbits.
Help! what can I try to do! He's so case harden and stubborn and doesn't care about the slow process it takes to build a rabbits trust!
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

} } } ACCEPTING TRADE OFFERS! { { {

Owner of the CS Atheist Club(18+): viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1139238
E.urka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby toy20243 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:34 pm

E.urka wrote:I can't stand my parents! I don't know what to do!
HELP
I rescued a rabbit the other day from a person who didn't want him anymore, I've had several rabbits before and I have one now that I've had for a year, so even though i'm in school I decided to take in the little rescue since I had extra cages and supplies and plus since Easter is rolling around and the guy was desperate to get rid of him.
I'm in school from Mon-Fri but I come home every Friday night and stay until Monday afternoon (so I guess im in school full time without being home from Tuesday-Thursday)
My father wont leave my bunny alone, and I don't know what to do now! I keep telling him that with new bunnies they need to not be taken out of their cage for atleast three days, and even then you have to be carful, and you'd think he'd listen cause i'm studying veterinary medicine and small animal care- but, nooooo..
Anyways, he keeps saying "Oh well the more you pick him up and hold him the better he will get" and the rabbit is clearly terrified and always skitters and grunts when picked up. I keep begging him to stop, but then he gets mad at me and accuses me of not caring about him because i'm not holding him
To make it 1000001x more worse, now he's letting all the animals be around the cage (a pug, two cats and another rabbit) and he's soo scared! I beg him to keep the door closed but he gets mad and complains that with the door closed the heat cant circulate around the place, and as soon as I leave he opens it again. The two rabbits fight between the bars and he acts like it's not a big deal! My other, older rabbit now has cuts inside his mouth and on his nose from fighting with the other on between the bars. It makes me SO angry! And now, the new rabbit attacks me when I go to feed it, it bites and scratches me when I have to interact and it grunting and stomping and I blame my dad!
I already asked my landlord if I could take him with me, but he said no rabbits.
Help! what can I try to do! He's so case harden and stubborn and doesn't care about the slow process it takes to build a rabbits trust!

my dad does the same thing, i just put a padlock on the cage so he couldent open it and then i tied a blanket around the cage so the other animals cant see the rabbit and the rabbit cant see the others, he can most likely still smell them but he most likely wont try to fight, if that dosent work for you idk what to do

𝒮𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉 𝒟𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓂𝓈
⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆
toy20243

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Mean Kitty » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:58 pm

BABY PICS! Gonna try and get better pictures of at least the hotots today/tomorrow, these were taken a couple days ago when only 2 of the 3 baby hotots had their eyes open, and those 2 didn't want to sit still at all. xD Niether did the harlequins though! They were hopping around like crazy. Like it took me forever just too get these 4 decent-ish pictures. xD The hotots were actually out of their next box today, all 3 of them. And here the Harlequins which are like 1-2 weeks older only just started getting out of the next box early this week maybe? xD

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mods: My nieces are Kaylee197 and Rosie197. We sometimes share an IP.
The Mean Kitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Safire•83• » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:48 am

The Mean Kitty wrote:BABY PICS! Gonna try and get better pictures of at least the hotots today/tomorrow, these were taken a couple days ago when only 2 of the 3 baby hotots had their eyes open, and those 2 didn't want to sit still at all. xD Niether did the harlequins though! They were hopping around like crazy. Like it took me forever just too get these 4 decent-ish pictures. xD The hotots were actually out of their next box today, all 3 of them. And here the Harlequins which are like 1-2 weeks older only just started getting out of the next box early this week maybe? xD

Omg they're adorable!! :D
Safire•83•

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Safire•83• » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:07 am

Another question for u rabbit professionals :)
Are there any specific type of rabbit hutch you guys would recommend? I found this one

http://www.wayfair.com/Aosom-LLC-Rabbit ... O1239.html

And I was wondering if you guys would think this is an ok hutch. Thanks :D
Safire•83•

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lincoln » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:09 am

So, Angel had a still birth. :( She's okay though and we re-bred her.
Lincoln

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baby bunnies! » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:33 am

Safire•83• wrote:Another question for u rabbit professionals :)
Are there any specific type of rabbit hutch you guys would recommend? I found this one

Just about any hutch is fine as long as the flooring is wood or 1"x1/2" wire (16 or 14 gauge). That hutch looks nice and should work fine. However the dimensions are quite small if you have a larger breed. if you have a small rabbit (full grown size around 5lbs or less) then this hutch is perfect. A giant will never fit in these types of hutches and medium/large breeds may have difficulty. A friend of mine had a 9lbs rabbit and she bought a cage that looked huge in the picture. He couldn't even fit, and her Holland lop hardly fit through the ramp opening. So make sure that the overall size is good.
Status/sayings: Life being consumed by rabbits and dancing.
Hi I am Baby bunnies! but you can call me BB
I love to do art. Before December 2014 all art that I did was with a mouse. I now work with a Bamboo tablet. Also please note that I expect something in return for customs, I put time into every piece.
I own rabbits! I love to show my rabbits and and have gotten many first place ribbons, a lot of Best of Breed, Best Opposite Breed, Best of Variety, & Best Opposite Variety awards. My rabbits have also gotten Reserve in Show and Best 6 class. I, personally, have gotten Reserve Champion and Grand Champion awards. I take part in Rabbit Royalty! If you have any questions about Rabbits then please ask and I shall answer as best that I can.
Info on how to properly raise rabbits and show them. Rabbit Blog
Rabbit Q&A ~ Baby bunnies! and teresa8oats

Image Image Image
Baby bunnies!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Daisywolf14 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:02 am

Safire•83• wrote:Another question for u rabbit professionals :)

I had a hutch like that almost. It was a pain to clean and i could never reach my rabbit. We also had to put in wire mesh on the bottom so it would not dig out.
I would not recommend a hutch like that.

and
OH MY GOSH THOSE HARLIE BABIES! SOOO CUTE and they are magpies which is soo pretty!!
"I love rabbits, cavies, goats, horses, steer, swine, poultry, dogs and cats"

Daisywolf14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me