LOCK? DELETE? OLD Rabbit Owners- NEW LINK INSIDE

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat!

Postby Babypoke » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:05 pm

My Buck right now is so fat from winter because he doesn't get any exercise from me. lol
Looking for wishlists pets for hoards or collections
Currently looking to this dreamie
Image Have c$, fr gems
Image Please click my eggs on pokefarm q

Long term goal is to get all all items and pets on cs
Babypoke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Petlover552 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:35 pm

My friends dutch doe is going to give birth in March I think! She is SOOO cute, and her name is princess :) my friends buck is named Harvey, and he is the SWEEEEEETEST thing Ever! <333
I really want one of the bunnies. Hopefully a doe. I already have a buck (dalmatian rex english cross) and plan to get him fixed :) anyone here have fixed rabbits? How much does it cost?

Oh- can I join this club?

user: Petlover552
Rabbit(s): Snickers the 4 year old male dalmatian rex-english-cross c:

Image Image

xx
xx
xx
Hi, I'm Amber ♡ I have a long list of stuff I am addicted to... but I will make
it short and sweet, cuz I don't think you wanna be here all day cx
I love all animals, Spirit, Marvel shows and movies (Iron Fist, Civil War, Captain America, Ant-Man, Spider-Man), DC tv shows (Arrow, Supergirl, DC Legends of Tomorrow), and writing c:

Do you like to write? Come on over to Writer's Haven Forum!
I would love to get to know you and read your writing c:

↓ Adventurous Fiction Novel ↓
The Fire Stone
Petlover552

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _breezy_star_ » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:08 am

Daisywolf14 wrote:I feel bad it's 70 here and reached 90 last Friday. In other words my rabbits want winter XD

It's been in the negatives here for a while. Too dang cold. Rabbits don't seem to bothered by it though. lol But I am... holy moly it's freezing out there....

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
🐶 Ginger . Brody
🐱 Kieran . Delaney . Ian
🐭 Dorian
🐰 Beau . Davey . Juniper . Sorren

ImageImage Image
_breezy_star_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Daisywolf14 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:08 am

@BB
OOohhhh I know what that is, at youth expo last year all of the jersey does were doing that while being judged.

@petlover
I've got Dutch, they are the most calm rabbits I've been around.
Unless you are going to have two rabbits together 24/7 I don't see the need
For fixing. That's just my veiw. The risk during the surgery is not worth it IMO
"I love rabbits, cavies, goats, horses, steer, swine, poultry, dogs and cats"

Daisywolf14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Petlover552 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:36 am

Daisywolf14 wrote:@BB
OOohhhh I know what that is, at youth expo last year all of the jersey does were doing that while being judged.

@petlover
For fixing. That's just my veiw. The risk during the surgery is not worth it IMO

Oh ok.
I was going to get a female though, and they where going to share outside time (2-7 hours in the summer daily) and a c&c cage, plus their hutch... I don't want my new baby girl rabbit to get hurt D:

Image Image

xx
xx
xx
I love all animals, Spirit, Marvel shows and movies (Iron Fist, Civil War, Captain America, Ant-Man, Spider-Man), DC tv shows (Arrow, Supergirl, DC Legends of Tomorrow), and writing c:

The Fire Stone
Petlover552

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby thunderofthedrum » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:14 am

Petlover552 wrote:
Daisywolf14 wrote:@BB

@petlover

Oh ok.
I was going to get a female though, and they where going to share outside time (2-7 hours in the summer daily) and a c&c cage, plus their hutch... I don't want my new baby girl rabbit to get hurt D:

If you are getting the pair as pets, it's common to have 2 together and definitely recommended to get them fixed. Yes, there is a risk, as there is with any surgery. It would be a great idea to research online and also to ask vets how much experience they have with rabbits. Some people on this thread don't and don't keep them together because they have them for breeding so they don't get to be bonded pairs the same way.

I have my rabbit as a pet, though she is not fixed. Unfixed females are particularly at risk for reproductive diseases. There are also hormonal issues that could arise, particularly if two are kept together (mainly coming out as forms of aggression). I've never had any issues with my rabbit (well when she was about 1 or 2 she would nip heels a bit if you were wearing loose pants but that's about it) but again - she wasn't aggressive and she she has no other bunnies to fight with. Who knows, she could still develop ovarian cancer or something due to not being fixed.

Lastly, spaying is meant to be as noninvasive as possible, but since they are so small it's still good to try for a vet who has experience with bunnies. Rabbits are social creatures so having a pair is a great idea! I just never had the space or money for a second one and mine is going on 7 years old so I don't intend to get another rabbit to bond with her.
thunderofthedrum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby // Kzryail » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:15 am

My lazy old rabbit can roll over XD
When I saw him do it, me and my family were laughing, the bunny can roll over yet or dog can't (yet)
// Kzryail

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Petlover552 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:16 am

Thank you SOOO much for your reply! :D

So for my pair, the baby doe will be a few months old, and my buck is ~4 already. Who do you reccomend to get fixed? Just one? Or both if possible?

Image Image

xx
xx
xx

The Fire Stone
Petlover552

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baby bunnies! » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:22 am

The doe would be able to be fixed until she is older. The buck is old enough. It is also a less harmful procedure for a buck ((as well as less expensive)) than for a doe. I would just keep them in separate cages and have different pay times in the playpen. The anesthetics used in surgery can easily kill a rabbit or cause health issues.
Status/sayings: Life being consumed by rabbits and dancing.
Hi I am Baby bunnies! but you can call me BB
I love to do art. Before December 2014 all art that I did was with a mouse. I now work with a Bamboo tablet. Also please note that I expect something in return for customs, I put time into every piece.
I own rabbits! I love to show my rabbits and and have gotten many first place ribbons, a lot of Best of Breed, Best Opposite Breed, Best of Variety, & Best Opposite Variety awards. My rabbits have also gotten Reserve in Show and Best 6 class. I, personally, have gotten Reserve Champion and Grand Champion awards. I take part in Rabbit Royalty! If you have any questions about Rabbits then please ask and I shall answer as best that I can.
Info on how to properly raise rabbits and show them. Rabbit Blog
Rabbit Q&A ~ Baby bunnies! and teresa8oats

Image Image Image
Baby bunnies!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby thunderofthedrum » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:25 am

I don't have enough experience with owning multiple rabbits to really give you an answer. We did have a bonded doe and buck pair that were originally thought to both be does. Since one turned out to be male, we got him fixed so that they could continue living together; the world has enough baby pets and we wanted to be responsible about it.

Either sex can be affected by hormones. For us, neutering the male only and leaving the female intact was fine, but again, since then I've only had one rabbit at a time.

A good resource is the House Rabbit Society. That site may have resources to help you learn what age is appropriate for getting fixed, how much it may cost, etc.

Keep in mind, these surgeries CAN be pretty expensive. There are often discounts or help for getting cats and dogs fixed because the high number of strays, but there is not this sort of deal for rabbits that I know of. It's possible for the drugs alone to be $100 or more.

Since the buck is older and the procedure would be less invasive, you could look into getting him neutered. Also, you could try to introduce them to each other in a neutral area. If there are still problems, you could do some research and ask around to decide whether you feel also fixing the doe might help.
thunderofthedrum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me