LOCK? DELETE? OLD Rabbit Owners- NEW LINK INSIDE

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat!

Postby thunderofthedrum » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:31 am

No it's not two bucks; Simona is female.

Ella - is she leaving soon or do you still have some time?
Also, I'm not necessarily recommending this, but - I lived in 3+ apartments for 5+ years and never told their offices about Kenna. Her cage was in my bathroom for 4 of those years and anyway, the maintenance guys aren't likely to pay attention to whether you have a bunny. Are their cages/pens/whatever indoor or outdoor and are they off the floor (if indoor)? For pets they worry about damages. One duplex I was interested in had an owner who would allow cats but not dogs; he's put in new hard flooring and was worried a dog's nails would scratch the floors. You could ask about caged pets? "Like rodents and such." I've done that before; it's vague, it's assumed you'll bring a hamster or something, but technically you did ask and it IS caged and falls into the 'and such'. xD

Kenna used to be in a pen but then I was in a rented house for an internship and the landlord (reluctantly) allowed Kenna when I promised she'd be off the floor (he was like 85 and didn't understand the concept of a rabbit as a pet). So, I found her a cage with the typical plastic bottom. It's actually not too bad - it's 2 ft by 4 ft and I have her pen outside in the grass. It's then allowed her to be in my room while staying with my parents as she's off the carpet (which was good because one of my brothers was also staying at the house with his lab who wanted to eat Kenna).

So hopefully there are options! Make sure they know that they are just caged small animals. If they do know it's bunnies, clarify that they will be outside or off the flooring. Don't mention floor time. People worry about damages and primarily think of cats/dogs because they are loose to wreak havoc.

You know I'd take them but I don't have the room right now!
thunderofthedrum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PeachFuzz » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:40 am

Daisywolf14 wrote:
Ella Bear wrote:@Daisy Well I did have a friend to care for them at one point. She has a bunny room with her rabbit Simona. Sadly Simona has become extremely aggressive and has injured Waffles one time while she was pet sitting Waffles and Simba. Simba is too old to be dealing with that, and I don't want my friend in constant fear of Simona attacking one of them. Her rabbit has been super odd though, she even bit me over winter break and left me with a nasty scar... ( sorry went off topic)
Anyway, yeah I will most likely end up trying to hide them or talk the landlord into letting me keep them. Like I can say they will be outside but keep them indoors and just make sure they don't chew anything up.

Us it two bucks? That's a really bad combo I learned... I had some dents in my leg from that..
ANYWAY! Keeping rabbits from chewing stuff could get difficult.. Mabye you could invest in some hutches?
And slowly transition them outdoors? My rabbits are outside and perfectly fine. You just might need to transition your buns :)

If they're unneutered it often doesn't work out, but with neutered males from my experience it isn't a 'bad combo.' Not any harder than a malexfemale or femalexfemale anyway. Some rabbit people actually say it's easier than other pairings!
Image Image Image
PeachFuzz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FlynnEugene » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:17 pm

@Thunder: I have a few months before my mom leaves but not too long. Like she is giving me until the end of the semester and wants me to move them out by this summer. So I do have some time but between school and volleyball and trying to find a place that allows dogs it is really difficult. Like I am very sure it will be easy to sneak a bunny into a apartment/ house/ condo but I need to find a place that allows dogs. Luckily my dog is getting trained as a therapy dog so maybe they will be a bit more considerate. And thanks for the advice! So basically telling a white lie lol

@Daisy Well my rabbits have been outside for like the past six months when I moved to college. My mom hates the idea of indoor rabbits so I would have to sneak them in all the time. I just prefer them to live inside especially with the wildlife in my area. Tons of owls, coyotes, wolves, wild dogs, raccoons... not a safe area for an outdoor rabbit. So unless I want to invest in a very sturdy pen I don't think I should keep them outside without supervision. I have learned that regular hutches just won't cut it if something were to try and get in. Currently they have a very large outdoor pen with a tarp over it and wire at the bottom so they can't dig out. It is like a dog run, but I can't take that with me sadly :/
And Simona is a female, Waffles is a Female and Simba is a Male. And it's Waffles and Simona who don't get along.

@PeachFuzz All three rabbits are altered but Simona has just turned into a little poop. My friend who owns Simona used to be the main caregivers for my two rabbits but then her rabbit ( Simona) started acting really weird and attacking other animals and people.... :/

ℂ𝕦𝕟𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘

𝔸𝕞𝕓𝕚𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕦𝕤

ℝ𝕖𝕤𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕗𝕦𝕝𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤

𝕊𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕕

𝔻𝕖𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕞𝕚𝕟𝕖𝕕

"𝒲𝑒 𝒮𝓁𝓎𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝒾𝓃𝓈 𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝒷𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒, 𝓎𝑒𝓈, 𝒷𝓊𝓉 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝓈𝓉𝓊𝓅𝒾𝒹. 𝐹𝑜𝓇 𝒾𝓃𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓃𝒸𝑒, 𝑔𝒾𝓋𝑒𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒸𝒽𝑜𝒾𝒸𝑒, 𝓌𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒶𝓁𝓌𝒶𝓎𝓈 𝒸𝒽𝑜𝑜𝓈𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝓈𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝑜𝓌𝓃 𝓃𝑒𝒸𝓀𝓈."
FlynnEugene

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby moonlit. » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:09 pm

Seriously Chandler... POOPING ON GHE FLOOR AGAIN??
---- <3 ----
╔════════════════╗
ImageP.S.
Art Shop

╚════════════════╝
---- <3 ----
moonlit.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Mean Kitty » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:27 pm

Heeeey! I've got new picture of Gwen's baby! I can't get over how adorable this little girl(hopefully) is. <3 I did have other pictures but they were even worse then this one so. xD

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mods: My nieces are Kaylee197 and Rosie197. We sometimes share an IP.
The Mean Kitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FlynnEugene » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:44 pm

Took the rabbits to Petsmart for a free nail trim that house rabbit society was holding. Both of them got a lot of attention and lots of pictures taken. Plus they were both well behaved. I'm very proud of them!

ℂ𝕦𝕟𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘

𝔸𝕞𝕓𝕚𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕦𝕤

ℝ𝕖𝕤𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕗𝕦𝕝𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤

𝕊𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕕

𝔻𝕖𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕞𝕚𝕟𝕖𝕕

"𝒲𝑒 𝒮𝓁𝓎𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝒾𝓃𝓈 𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝒷𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒, 𝓎𝑒𝓈, 𝒷𝓊𝓉 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝓈𝓉𝓊𝓅𝒾𝒹. 𝐹𝑜𝓇 𝒾𝓃𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓃𝒸𝑒, 𝑔𝒾𝓋𝑒𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒸𝒽𝑜𝒾𝒸𝑒, 𝓌𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒶𝓁𝓌𝒶𝓎𝓈 𝒸𝒽𝑜𝑜𝓈𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝓈𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝑜𝓌𝓃 𝓃𝑒𝒸𝓀𝓈."
FlynnEugene

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Daisywolf14 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:29 pm

PeachFuzz wrote:
Daisywolf14 wrote:
Ella Bear wrote:@Daisy Well I did have a friend to care for them at one point. She has a bunny room with her rabbit Simona. Sadly Simona has become extremely aggressive and has injured Waffles one time while she was pet sitting Waffles and Simba. Simba is too old to be dealing with that, and I don't want my friend in constant fear of Simona attacking one of them. Her rabbit has been super odd though, she even bit me over winter break and left me with a nasty scar... ( sorry went off topic)
Anyway, yeah I will most likely end up trying to hide them or talk the landlord into letting me keep them. Like I can say they will be outside but keep them indoors and just make sure they don't chew anything up.

Us it two bucks? That's a really bad combo I learned... I had some dents in my leg from that..
ANYWAY! Keeping rabbits from chewing stuff could get difficult.. Mabye you could invest in some hutches?
And slowly transition them outdoors? My rabbits are outside and perfectly fine. You just might need to transition your buns :)

If they're unneutered it often doesn't work out, but with neutered males from my experience it isn't a 'bad combo.' Not any harder than a malexfemale or femalexfemale anyway. Some rabbit people actually say it's easier than other pairings!

My bucks are breeding bucks... So yeah unfixed is not the best pairing..
"I love rabbits, cavies, goats, horses, steer, swine, poultry, dogs and cats"

Daisywolf14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Babypoke » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:28 pm

I found out that 2 bucks couldn't be put together the hard way. No bunny was hurt but one lost a clump of hair. I did find a new home for the one bunny because mu Buck was there before him. Both were rescue bunnies.
Looking for wishlists pets for hoards or collections
Currently looking to this dreamie
Image Have c$, fr gems
Image Please click my eggs on pokefarm q

Long term goal is to get all all items and pets on cs
Babypoke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Mean Kitty » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:28 am

Sooo put Ellie's nest box in today and she's already pulled hair. xD 4 days until her due date and already pulling hair. This...hasn't happened so far. xD

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mods: My nieces are Kaylee197 and Rosie197. We sometimes share an IP.
The Mean Kitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Petlover552 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:46 am

Man.... My bunny is sure happy winter is over!! XD

Image Image

xx
xx
xx
Hi, I'm Amber ♡ I have a long list of stuff I am addicted to... but I will make
it short and sweet, cuz I don't think you wanna be here all day cx
I love all animals, Spirit, Marvel shows and movies (Iron Fist, Civil War, Captain America, Ant-Man, Spider-Man), DC tv shows (Arrow, Supergirl, DC Legends of Tomorrow), and writing c:

Do you like to write? Come on over to Writer's Haven Forum!
I would love to get to know you and read your writing c:

↓ Adventurous Fiction Novel ↓
The Fire Stone
Petlover552

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me