LOCK? DELETE? OLD Rabbit Owners- NEW LINK INSIDE

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat!

Postby _breezy_star_ » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:49 am

CECP wrote:Hello... was wondering if i could get some help finding the breed of my baby bunny. c:

I own a Broken Black mini rex, Wakko, and recently bought two baby bunnies. One is a brown grey dutch, his name is Seven...

But this is Sasha:

I was sure she was a mini rex, like wakko, but then i saw Havanas, and now im not sure....

If it helps, shes very soft, like a mini rex, but i heard Havanas are aswell. Same for good temperment.

Just confused... sorry if the picture isnt so well. I just wish to know. Thank you! c:

Mini Rex have very plush fur that feels like velvet! Only they have that kind of fur. So hopefully that helps you a little. :) She could just be a mixed breed. Sometimes it can be hard to tell!
Last edited by _breezy_star_ on Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
๐Ÿถ Ginger . Brody
๐Ÿฑ Kieran . Delaney . Ian
๐Ÿญ Dorian
๐Ÿฐ Beau . Davey . Juniper . Sorren

ImageImage Image
_breezy_star_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _breezy_star_ » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:52 am

Ella Bear wrote:Tonight I brought waffles into the store with me. I grabbed a shopping cart, put a blanket down and set her on top. Then her and I shopped for all of her food and supplies. Of course it drew a lot of attention, but it was later at night so not too much to where I got into trouble. She seemed to like it a lot and was very relaxed. Sometimes I wonder if there are such thing as therapy rabbits like their is therapy dogs/ cats. It would be super cool, because I think she would be awesome at it. Anyway, I plan on taking her again, especially since she loves car rides and being with me. Plus she LOVED all of the attention.

I've sold a rabbit as a therapy rabbit before. :D The girl was mentally handicapped and her mom bought her the rabbit. She looooved grooming her and taking care of her. I've even seen her picture on the wall at the Vet office when I took my dog in. lol

We also visit the retirement home that my mom works at all the time. They make a huge circle and we bring like 3 or 4 rabbits and let the residents hold them and stuff. It's cool how the rabbits get them to open up and talk. We learned that many had rabbits as kids. lol There is one lady that never wants to let them go. :lol:

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
๐Ÿถ Ginger . Brody
๐Ÿญ Dorian

ImageImage Image
_breezy_star_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .: pop 101 :. » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:14 am

_breezy_star_ wrote:
CECP wrote:Hello... was wondering if i could get some help finding the breed of my baby bunny. c:

I own a Broken Black mini rex, Wakko, and recently bought two baby bunnies. One is a brown grey dutch, his name is Seven...

But this is Sasha:

I was sure she was a mini rex, like wakko, but then i saw Havanas, and now im not sure....

If it helps, shes very soft, like a mini rex, but i heard Havanas are aswell. Same for good temperment.

Just confused... sorry if the picture isnt so well. I just wish to know. Thank you! c:

Mini Rex have very plush fur that feels like velvet! Only they have that kind of fur. So hopefully that helps you a little. :) She could just be a mixed breed. Sometimes it can be hard to tell!

Huh. I knew Mini rex have unique fur, but...

My dutch bunny is very soft aswell uwu

Ive been told Havanas are the mink of the rabbit family, due to their fur being just like a mink... but ive never touched a mink, so?

I dunno... From experience, most bunnies have softer fur as a little baby.... it becomes normal and breed standard as they grow, which could explain my dutch bunny.
.: pop 101 :.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _breezy_star_ » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:29 am

It's called "rex" fur. Only the Rex and Mini Rex have it. :)

Havanas are larger rabbits (about 6 pounds) and they have soft fur too I assume, as do many other breeds. I think it also kind of looks a bit glossy (but not satin, that's a whole different kind of fur. lol)

And yes, you're right. Young rabbits will have a softer coat until they mature. :)

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
๐Ÿถ Ginger . Brody
๐Ÿญ Dorian

ImageImage Image
_breezy_star_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Mean Kitty » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:52 am

Hey guys! Haven't been on in awhile. ;u; My Polish doe's 3 babies are about old enough to wean now, and my harlequin had babies almost 2 weeks ago. (: They just opened there eyes a couple days ago, so cute! There's 6 of them, and 2 are chocolate magpies. :o I was surprised since the parents are both black magpies. xP So...yeah! That's what's going on with my bunnies right now. x3

And I'm sorry to hear that SnowStar </3 I know how hard it is. :c

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mods: My nieces are Kaylee197 and Rosie197. We sometimes share an IP.
The Mean Kitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FlynnEugene » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:29 am

I should look into Waffles being a therapy rabbit, I bet she would be awesome at it. She is such a sweet loving girl, and she is pretty good with people. I mean obviously her and I have a great relationship, I just don't know how she would do if other people picked her up. She is usually okay with my mom picking her up, but sometimes she doesn't like it.. She does love to snuggle and be around humans! It's just the whole being picked up part, I don't blame her though, considering she is a prey animal :p Wednesday she will be on a plane with me, I am sure she will do fine but I am still kind of worried. My mom and I are going out to our summer house and of course we take our pets with us. The dogs and my rabbit Simba are all going on a special pet plane and meeting us their, whereas Waffles will be on the plane with me as my "Carry on"

โ„‚๐•ฆ๐•Ÿ๐•Ÿ๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•˜

๐”ธ๐•ž๐•“๐•š๐•ฅ๐•š๐• ๐•ฆ๐•ค

โ„๐•–๐•ค๐• ๐•ฆ๐•ฃ๐•”๐•–๐•—๐•ฆ๐•๐•Ÿ๐•–๐•ค๐•ค

๐•Š๐•™๐•ฃ๐•–๐•จ๐••

๐”ป๐•–๐•ฅ๐•–๐•ฃ๐•ž๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•–๐••

"๐’ฒ๐‘’ ๐’ฎ๐“๐“Ž๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐“ˆ ๐’ถ๐“‡๐‘’ ๐’ท๐“‡๐’ถ๐“‹๐‘’, ๐“Ž๐‘’๐“ˆ, ๐’ท๐“Š๐“‰ ๐“ƒ๐‘œ๐“‰ ๐“ˆ๐“‰๐“Š๐“…๐’พ๐’น. ๐น๐‘œ๐“‡ ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐“ˆ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’, ๐‘”๐’พ๐“‹๐‘’๐“ƒ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐‘œ๐’พ๐’ธ๐‘’, ๐“Œ๐‘’ ๐“Œ๐’พ๐“๐“ ๐’ถ๐“๐“Œ๐’ถ๐“Ž๐“ˆ ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐‘œ๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐‘œ ๐“ˆ๐’ถ๐“‹๐‘’ ๐‘œ๐“Š๐“‡ ๐‘œ๐“Œ๐“ƒ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐’ธ๐“€๐“ˆ."
FlynnEugene

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _breezy_star_ » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:32 am

The Mean Kitty wrote:Hey guys! Haven't been on in awhile. ;u; My Polish doe's 3 babies are about old enough to wean now, and my harlequin had babies almost 2 weeks ago. (: They just opened there eyes a couple days ago, so cute! There's 6 of them, and 2 are chocolate magpies. :o I was surprised since the parents are both black magpies. xP So...yeah! That's what's going on with my bunnies right now. x3

And I'm sorry to hear that SnowStar </3 I know how hard it is. :c

I need pictures of those harlequin babies! lol I love the markings. :3

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
๐Ÿถ Ginger . Brody
๐Ÿญ Dorian

ImageImage Image
_breezy_star_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby greenbunny1998 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:35 am

Ella Bear wrote:I should look into Waffles being a therapy rabbit, I bet she would be awesome at it. She is such a sweet loving girl, and she is pretty good with people. I mean obviously her and I have a great relationship, I just don't know how she would do if other people picked her up. She is usually okay with my mom picking her up, but sometimes she doesn't like it.. She does love to snuggle and be around humans! It's just the whole being picked up part, I don't blame her though, considering she is a prey animal :p Wednesday she will be on a plane with me, I am sure she will do fine but I am still kind of worried. My mom and I are going out to our summer house and of course we take our pets with us. The dogs and my rabbit Simba are all going on a special pet plane and meeting us their, whereas Waffles will be on the plane with me as my "Carry on"

You can't leave a rabbit or any thing that moves for too long because they'll get scared then die unless you stop the vehicle or what ever for every 30 minutes for a few hours.
Goatlings I'm Greenbunny1998 on Goatlings and PokรจFarm Q too :D
Rabbit facts:
Male rabbit called a buck and female rabbit called a doe
Carrots are unhealthy for rabbits
Rabbit teeth never stop growing
Female rabbit gives birth to their young after a month (pregnant for only a month)
Female rabbits will create their nest within one week before they give birth
Females will feed their young twice a day
Female rabbits after feeding their young will leave the young until next feeding
Baby rabbits will have full body of fur after one week
Baby rabbits are born with eyes closed
Baby rabbits will open their eyes within 10 - 18 days
You should never pick up a rabbit by their ears it causes them serious pain

My favourite animal is rabbits so I don't trade my bunnies. Never give up, you are all amazing. Achieve your dreams, look forward and not back and carry on being amazing.

Feel free to send me PM, trade, art customs you want me to do etc. I definitely will gladly help anyone with CS or other website i'm on and talk about animals and help with anything you would like to know about rabbits :D Please don't be afraid to ask any questions :D.

greenbunny1998

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FlynnEugene » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:41 am

huh??^^

Leave them where? They are coming with us haha

โ„‚๐•ฆ๐•Ÿ๐•Ÿ๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•˜

๐”ธ๐•ž๐•“๐•š๐•ฅ๐•š๐• ๐•ฆ๐•ค

โ„๐•–๐•ค๐• ๐•ฆ๐•ฃ๐•”๐•–๐•—๐•ฆ๐•๐•Ÿ๐•–๐•ค๐•ค

๐•Š๐•™๐•ฃ๐•–๐•จ๐••

๐”ป๐•–๐•ฅ๐•–๐•ฃ๐•ž๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•–๐••

"๐’ฒ๐‘’ ๐’ฎ๐“๐“Ž๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐“ˆ ๐’ถ๐“‡๐‘’ ๐’ท๐“‡๐’ถ๐“‹๐‘’, ๐“Ž๐‘’๐“ˆ, ๐’ท๐“Š๐“‰ ๐“ƒ๐‘œ๐“‰ ๐“ˆ๐“‰๐“Š๐“…๐’พ๐’น. ๐น๐‘œ๐“‡ ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐“ˆ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’, ๐‘”๐’พ๐“‹๐‘’๐“ƒ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐‘œ๐’พ๐’ธ๐‘’, ๐“Œ๐‘’ ๐“Œ๐’พ๐“๐“ ๐’ถ๐“๐“Œ๐’ถ๐“Ž๐“ˆ ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐‘œ๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐‘œ ๐“ˆ๐’ถ๐“‹๐‘’ ๐‘œ๐“Š๐“‡ ๐‘œ๐“Œ๐“ƒ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐’ธ๐“€๐“ˆ."
FlynnEugene

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby greenbunny1998 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:45 am

Ella Bear wrote:huh??^^

Leave them where? They are coming with us haha

I meant you can't leave them on a moving vehicle (such as plane, van, car... etc) even if you're there unless you stop the vehicle for every 30 minutes for a few hours (if you still don't get what I'm saying just say because i tried saying it clear).
Goatlings I'm Greenbunny1998 on Goatlings and PokรจFarm Q too :D
Rabbit facts:
Male rabbit called a buck and female rabbit called a doe
Carrots are unhealthy for rabbits
Rabbit teeth never stop growing
Female rabbit gives birth to their young after a month (pregnant for only a month)
Female rabbits will create their nest within one week before they give birth
Females will feed their young twice a day
Female rabbits after feeding their young will leave the young until next feeding
Baby rabbits will have full body of fur after one week
Baby rabbits are born with eyes closed
Baby rabbits will open their eyes within 10 - 18 days
You should never pick up a rabbit by their ears it causes them serious pain

My favourite animal is rabbits so I don't trade my bunnies. Never give up, you are all amazing. Achieve your dreams, look forward and not back and carry on being amazing.

Feel free to send me PM, trade, art customs you want me to do etc. I definitely will gladly help anyone with CS or other website i'm on and talk about animals and help with anything you would like to know about rabbits :D Please don't be afraid to ask any questions :D.

greenbunny1998

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me