Dog Owner Chat V. 5

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Dog Owner Chat V. 5

Postby juicebox! » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:57 am

i havent been active in a minute and wonder if i have ever been active, lmao. we have a little female puppy coming home in eight weeks (she was born yesterday, eee!). anyways, this is going to be my first puppy and my first female puppy. but i have owned plenty dogs before her, i just haven’t ever had a puppy that i, personally, took care of.

i have watched every single puppy video that i believe exists. feel free to recommend dog training youtube channels besides zak george, kikopup, donna hill and training positive!

i have also watched a ton of puppy hauls that i believe i am going to turn into a puppy haul. but feel free to tell me your puppy essentials!

we have a lot of names picked out but are looking for more ideas. however, what are your favorite ways to find creative/unique dog names? certain websites or thought processes?
juicebox!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blue_Aussie » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:25 am

outuv wrote:
    i havent been active in a minute and wonder if i have ever been active, lmao. we have a little female puppy coming home in eight weeks (she was born yesterday, eee!). anyways, this is going to be my first puppy and my first female puppy. but i have owned plenty dogs before her, i just haven’t ever had a puppy that i, personally, took care of.

i have watched every single puppy video that i believe exists. feel free to recommend dog training youtube channels besides zak george, kikopup, donna hill and training positive!

i have also watched a ton of puppy hauls that i believe i am going to turn into a puppy haul. but feel free to tell me your puppy essentials!

we have a lot of names picked out but are looking for more ideas. however, what are your favorite ways to find creative/unique dog names? certain websites or thought processes?

Aww, good luck! I very highly recommend bell training for going outside. My pup caught on in just a few weeks, its so easy to teach too!
Blue_Aussie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imzadi83 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:00 am

outuv wrote:

Training channels I recommend Simpawtico & Laurie Luck as well.

Puppy essentials that come to mind off the top of my head are a car seat or harness that has been crash tested for safety in the car. There are many things marketed as restraint but are designed to keep the dog from being loose and distracting the driver, they are not made to save your dog in the case of an accident.

Also have ready an ID with your info on it you can put on when you pick the puppy up, you can get a collar/harness with your info on it or a tag to put on a collar you bring. Obviously bring a harness and leash if one are not provided.
Looking for a real life pet? http://www.petfinder.com Adopt a homeless Pet!
Give Food To Homeless Pets FREE & Freekibble
Imzadi83

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blue_Aussie » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:33 am

Hi, anyone here have a pet ID tag from "Tagsforhope"?
I saw that a dog I met had one and wanted to see if anyone thought they were worth the 26$
I have a ID tag for my pup but I love how this one is laid out. This is the link in case anyone else wanted one, I believe all the profit goes towards shelter animal food and toys too.
https://www.bing.com/aclk?ld=e3TVearIJF ... dlt=strict
Blue_Aussie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Boghound » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:46 pm

Don't know if it's that exact brand but we've had a few dogs come through with similar at work. They're cute but I don't think they have an edge over regular old ID tags with the right amount of info on them. They're a cute novelty and if you're in need of an ID tag I'd go for it if you think it's cute. But the worth is totally up to you.
I'm personally hoping to get some custom pressed tags some day for my boys from a collar and tag maker I follow. One dayy
-
-
✦✦✦

elijah/eli. they/him. adult. severely mentally ill.
open to dms if you need to chat for whatever reason!
currently in my warriors era.

🌳

✦✦✦

Boghound

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Faybell » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:32 pm

It’s cute but I’d rather get a ID tag that comes with a QR code. You can put as much info as you want on your pets online profile and you will be notified when someone scans it. I think they even have an option to share their location with you.

The one I know about is Upet but there is probably more that make them.

You can always donate directly to a shelter of your choosing so I don’t see that as much of a plus unless you just really want that style of tag.
Faybell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imzadi83 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:09 pm

Hewitt wrote:Don't know if it's that exact brand but we've had a few dogs come through with similar at work. They're cute but I don't think they have an edge over regular old ID tags with the right amount of info on them. They're a cute novelty and if you're in need of an ID tag I'd go for it if you think it's cute. But the worth is totally up to you.
I'm personally hoping to get some custom pressed tags some day for my boys from a collar and tag maker I follow. One dayy

^This. I don't think I'd choose it over a regular tag, but I've considered getting one as a novelty before. It would look cute on her baby bag or her attached to her car seat.
Looking for a real life pet? http://www.petfinder.com Adopt a homeless Pet!
Give Food To Homeless Pets FREE & Freekibble
Imzadi83

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Robin, » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:11 pm

okay I have a small question-does everyone know what a puppy mill is? they are just plain evil, I mean the idea of anything inhumane as that makes me sick. Opinions?

the loneliest people are the kindest. the saddest people smile the brightest. the most damaged people are the wisest. all because they don't want to see people suffer like they do.

dying is easy, young man. living is harder.

i do free art of your wings of fire ocs on this thread

Robin,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blue_Aussie » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:54 pm

QueenClearsight wrote:okay I have a small question-does everyone know what a puppy mill is? they are just plain evil, I mean the idea of anything inhumane as that makes me sick. Opinions?

Definitely, my sister went to see a pit pup that she didn't know was from a puppy mill and the poor puppy had such bowed out legs she could barely walk!
Blue_Aussie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Faybell » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:13 am

I think you’ll find everyone agrees puppymils are bad lol. People on the sub promote adopting from a rescue or buying from a responsible breeder. A responsible breeder will only breed a dog that has proven itself worth breeding through dog sports/confirmation and genetic testing. They also don’t just sell puppies randomly, they will interview you to make sure the puppy is going to a good home and never really loose touch with you. They love keeping up with the puppies life and encourage you to ask them if you ever need any advice (training/ect.).

https://www.humanesociety.org/resources ... og-breeder
Faybell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me