Annoying Things People Do To/With Your Pet(s)

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Annoying Things People Do To/With Your Pet(s)

Postby CrazedRandomness » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:40 am

I have two cats. I live like 2 hours from my parent's house, but they'll occasionally come to visit. My dad really has no experience with cats, but has experience with dogs. He will try to roughly pet my cat in the same fashion you would a dog. My poor cat is the stereotypical "frady cat" so, being touched by a stranger in such a way makes him scared so he'll run and hide. Instead of leaving him alone, my dad will follow him and try to get him to come out, which, in term, only scares him more. He won't hiss or anything and doesn't really meow. He'll just shrink back and eventually start "crying". Then my dad'll be all "Why's your cat so antisocial?" Mind you, all of this is happening while my other cat, who LOVES pretty much everyone is begging to be pet.
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted _28_ people.
I have received _11_ gifts.
CrazedRandomness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Atheon » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:49 am

My cat is always called a 'he' because her name is so boy-ish and she looks like a tomcat anyways.

One of the people in my friend's neighborhood wanted stray kittens that ran around the back of the apartment. So, my friend (let's call her J) was in a conversation with the person in her neighborhood (let's call her L). So, L said she wanted the kittens. J said she couldn't get them. L suggested to scare the mother away. This person does not know about cats or that kittens get spooked and frightened when they are not with their mother, and they may attack a human when frightened.
They/he. I like video games and music. Straight edge.
carrd
Atheon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lessonlesson » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:26 pm

I used to have a bird, and my friend (call her E, call her brother C,) would always bring her dog over and tie him outside my door, and one time she let him inside and he ran over to my birds cage and was barking at it crazily, C had to restrain him and they were laughing while I was trying to calm my poor parakeet who was clearly traumatized.
▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊
▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊
lessonlesson

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ParaKitty » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:27 pm

gypsee wrote:My cat is always called a 'he' because her name is so boy-ish and she looks like a tomcat anyways.

One of the people in my friend's neighborhood wanted stray kittens that ran around the back of the apartment. So, my friend (let's call her J) was in a conversation with the person in her neighborhood (let's call her L). So, L said she wanted the kittens. J said she couldn't get them. L suggested to scare the mother away. This person does not know about cats or that kittens get spooked and frightened when they are not with their mother, and they may attack a human when frightened.

That is so mean! Scaring away the mother just so that they could have the kittens?! The kittens are going to grow into cats anyways.

Hello there c:
Capricorn sun & moon
Physically & mentally tired
Have a good day ♥

ParaKitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scuttlefish » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:32 pm

~ParaKitty~ wrote:
gypsee wrote:My cat is always called a 'he' because her name is so boy-ish and she looks like a tomcat anyways.

That is so mean! Scaring away the mother just so that they could have the kittens?! The kittens are going to grow into cats anyways.

101% agree! What did your friend say? Poor kittens..imagine if someone scared away your parents and took you to this new place when you were five?!?
I used to be sugar pixel .

Microllama Adoption Center

scuttlefish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ParaKitty » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:37 pm

Aruni4 wrote:
~ParaKitty~ wrote:

101% agree! What did your friend say? Poor kittens..imagine if someone scared away your parents and took you to this new place when you were five?!?

Oh my gosh, those two need some sense knocked into them. I hope they didn't do that already...

Hello there c:
Capricorn sun & moon
Physically & mentally tired
Have a good day ♥

ParaKitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rainbow Dash » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:27 am

Number one on my list instantly: People petting or grabbing my dog when he's wearing his "In Training" therapy dog jacket without asking.

You shouldn't be petting or grabbing random dogs but that goes double for dogs in working dog vests. If you see a dog in a working dog vest, ESPECIALLY when it says "In Training", don't touch them without asking first! Gatsby is working on overcoming his stranger anxiety and someone bolting up to him going "EEEE HOW CUUUUTE" and trying to grab him is going to set back so much work it's not funny at all.
[: Veterinary professional | Female | Hobbyist artist :]
Image Image Image Image
New Chicken Smoothie Tarot
[: Free-to-Use CS Graphics || Request Free CS Graphics || Every Pet As a Stamp Project :]
Sig art by me || Avatar by Scragster || Busy with work! Might be slow to respond!
Rainbow Dash

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scuttlefish » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:06 am

[quote="~ParaKitty~"]My cat is always called a 'he' because her name is so boy-ish and she looks like a tomcat anyways.

One of the people in my friend's neighborhood wanted stray kittens that ran around the back of the apartment. So, my friend (let's call her J) was in a conversation with the person in her neighborhood (let's call her L). So, L said she wanted the kittens. J said she couldn't get them. L suggested to scare the mother away. This person does not know about cats or that kittens get spooked and frightened when they are not with their mother, and they may attack a human when frightened.[/size]

Oh my gosh, those two need some sense knocked into them. I hope they didn't do that already...

And I mean knocked ( Even though I didn't say that :)
I used to be sugar pixel .

Microllama Adoption Center

scuttlefish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blazesong » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:55 am

one of the fellow dog walkers at my park was patting my dog when he found a grass seed in my dogs coat then started to get it out (he said he found one) i was siting there watching as he did hoping my dog didn't turn and bite him, i couldnt say anything cause i didn't want it to seem like i didnt care but i wish he would have asked me frist

i need a new signature

blazesong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby folie a deux » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:32 pm

Rainbow Dash wrote:Number one on my list instantly: People petting or grabbing my dog when he's wearing his "In Training" therapy dog jacket without asking.

You shouldn't be petting or grabbing random dogs but that goes double for dogs in working dog vests. If you see a dog in a working dog vest, ESPECIALLY when it says "In Training", don't touch them without asking first! Gatsby is working on overcoming his stranger anxiety and someone bolting up to him going "EEEE HOW CUUUUTE" and trying to grab him is going to set back so much work it's not funny at all.

I completely understand that. My dog, Tater is a service dog in training and whenever he has his vest on people just get so annoying! I'm just like: "GET AWAY FROM MY ADORABLE HUSKY!!! YOU CANT HAVE HIM!"
┌──────┘☆└──────┐
xxx
➢ she/they
➢ adult
x
└────────────────┘
┌────────────────┐
x
da | fr | th
commissions
x
└────────────────┘