The Cavy(Guinea Pig) Lovers Club

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: The Cavy(Guinea Pig) Lovers Club

Postby little rowzerz » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:58 am

Carmel got really mean. He tried to bite me all the time and he almost drew blood on me twice when he bit. He hissed and chattered his teeth at me too, which I know is a bad sign. I didn't understand what was wrong. I brushed him and I let him run around in the empty dry bathtub and all over my lap. I fed him fresh veggies and fruits everyday, especially bell pepper which is his favorite. I took him out of his cage everyday to hold him and pet him. I provided him a clean cage, things to chew on for his teeth, toys, unlimited timothy hay, and fresh veggies and fruits. He just wasn't a fit for me because of how aggressive he is. I returned him to the pet store yesterday. I will still miss him even though he was aggressive and mean most of the time.
Please check out my goat thread in the Animal Chatter forum, it has a poll for extra fun: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=1765712
Jesus <3ImageImage
THANK YOU so much, Depressed Shadows for my dreamie!!
My biggest gift: 137 pets(all wish list) and 53 items(all wish list)! :D
little rowzerz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Methalis » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:22 am

A bathtub and cage isn't enough space... guinea pigs will get mean if they don't run enough. I have my whole bedroom open for my piggies(I use pet fences to block any dangerous/escapeable places)
I’m pretty much inactive these days.
Methalis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lonin » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:33 am

That's kinda weird. Guinea pigs aren't normally bitey.
We could have helped find a solution but it's a bit late now. :B
Possible he had mites and so was sensitive, or his cage was too small, or he was going through a grumpy teenager phase and would have grown out of it. He should have been taken to a vet. That's the first thing you should do any time a piggy does something weird or starts to behave differently.
If you have a big enough cage (10.5sq ft at least) look into getting (that is, resucing not buying from a pet shop) another female (and only a female no matter how pretty the boys might be), assuming you won't just return it right away if it starts doing something you don't like. :c
You cannot eat love, nor buy a horse with it, nor warm your halls on a cold night
Lonin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby little rowzerz » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:02 am

I also let him run around on my lap and I watched him run around on the floor, in different parts of my house.
Please check out my goat thread in the Animal Chatter forum, it has a poll for extra fun: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=1765712
Jesus <3ImageImage
little rowzerz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sadies » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:52 pm

I'm half way there! :D

Porcellini has learnt to go up his hutch ladder. I simply was putting him on there and gradually getting further down so he would learn to go up. He has got this now.

We are still working on going down. He will go down from the bottom confidently and am going to gradually be putting him further up it over the next few days.

The ladder is still raised so it's flatter but I am going to keep it like that until he has completely got the hang of using the ladder before putting it back to normal. :)

I'm so proud of my baby.
Sorry for my slow response time on RP's. My new job steals ALL my time. :(

xxxxx

Sadies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby little rowzerz » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:25 am

Carmel has now been adopted out to a new home that will better appreciate him. :thumbup:
Jesus <3ImageImage
little rowzerz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Puddles. » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:06 pm

Omg hi. XD I have three guinea pigs. One is two years, another is one, and the last one must be only around four or six months old. XD The two year old is my first ever guinea pig, my little Scurry buddy. <3 The next is my second, MeltingSnow. The last and most recent one is a cavy that we just got less than a week ago. 0-o She's pregnant. I'm keeping her away from MeltingSnow and Scurry because they are un-neutered males. I'm gonna neuter them soon. c= I currently only have a pic of Scurry. XD
Attachments
Scurry.jpg
This is Scurry. <3
Scurry.jpg (44.62 KiB) Viewed 39 times
ImageImage
Puddles.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Indian pony~ » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:15 pm

hello! i have two guinea pigs,Oreo (the boss pig) and Jellybean(the gentel pig:3).these are my babies,Oreo is on the right and Jellybean on the left: (the picture didn't fit) Jellybean is my little lap pig while Oreo tends to flip out when i hold her.Her eyes get all big and she squeals when i pick up,she is also the bossy pig.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
~Indian pony~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sadies » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:27 am

*Sighs* I went away for a week and my brother didn't follow my instructions to feed my piggies downstairs in the hitch and put Porcellini downstairs so they have made such a mess in their bed area and both need another bath, which is a pain because he has long hair and doesn't like being handled yet. I got a big cleaning job on my hands tomorrow, (I have cleaned the bed area out but still need to scrub it propperly).
Sorry for my slow response time on RP's. My new job steals ALL my time. :(

xxxxx

Sadies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lonin » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:42 am

:c Aww poor piggies.

Henry is getting all old and dying. :c Took him to the vet who said that. He's eating fine and such. He scared Lonin today though, went to give him his medicine and he wasn't moving. Thought he was dead for a second. :c
You cannot eat love, nor buy a horse with it, nor warm your halls on a cold night
Lonin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me