Dog Owner Chat V. 5

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Dog Owner Chat V. 5

Postby .Middy. » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:41 am

eleutheromania wrote:
.Middy. wrote:๐Ÿ˜ My heart! Look at that precious little hot dog and marshmallow! Love the new backdrop, I wanna try getting one for my pups. Which did you end up getting?

the bbys got some love. <3 its a 3 x 5 from SHOWYOU on amazon. theyre on sale for 4.99 right now. they have bigger versions too and different backdrops.

Totally donโ€™t need to be ordering more dog stuff but I shall ๐Ÿ˜‚

We donโ€™t have a ton of collars since Iโ€™m more quality than quantity lol. O has her really nice custom carved Octopus themed one, and then they have a blinged out leather one to share. Kes is getting her custom carved leather Kestrel themed one hopefully soon! Then Kes also has a paracord one my friend made her, and O has a jellyfish biothane for when we are doing water stuff lol. I do have another paracord one on the way too ๐Ÿ˜‚
Bad stack but you can kinda see their bling collar in this one lol
.Middy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shadow~wolf » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:45 am

I have a flat, fabric martingale, prong, ecollar and i need a water-safe one.
thinking of just switching my fabric martingale with a chain one and using that for outings.
shadow~wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Licorice. » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:21 am

@TedTed13 - thank you๐Ÿ˜€
โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–

โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–
Licorice.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chanel » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:29 am

whOa its been a while, about a year to be exact XD

I missed this chat, for those of you that don't remember me my dogs are Bessie, Buddy & Paris.
      But before Buddy & Paris it was Shiva, Bessie & Tyson (the husky babes). I haven't been active because my girlfriend and I moved, new job etc.

Since we got a bigger house in September of last year, we also got another pup! Her names Koa she's a rescue from Best Friends Animal Society! She started out as a foster but... that didn't last too long haha! she's a GSD mix, my girlfriend and I are thinking maybe a malinois because she is WILD. She's very high drive and has that dark muzzle. but we don't know, what we do know is that we love her! She gets along great with Buddy & Bessie. Paris is a grumpy grandma and doesn't care too much about her.

Anyways that's us, just wanted to update y'all! you can follow Buddy & Koa's instagram though if you want to see more of them @explorewithmutts! Bessie and Paris are not featured because they're camera shy XD I would share pictures but i'm on my new computer and haven't uploaded any of my pictures from my phone to here sooo just check out their instagram haha

but i'm glad to be back and see all of your cute pups!
xxxx

โ”Œโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
chanel โค she/her โค dog trainer

hi, I'm chanel. I'm generally really nice
to talk to so don't be afraid to shoot me a
pm. I enjoy writing and drawing, talking about
dogs, tv shows, books, etc. have a nice day! c:
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚

โ””โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”˜
chanel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eff » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:49 am

so, just got onto a 2 week holiday and i am really excited to work with pippin & atlas.

i really want to work on both of their recalls outside and at least begin atlas' walking manners. he tugs on the leash and barks but most videos i see focus more on the aggression element. i believe atlas just wants to meet and play with the other dogs rather than attack.

anyway, neither have collars atm so we were looking at these here.

i also really need to work on atlas' anxiety.. i came home from school one day with a lemur mask on and he peed himself.
eff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PemCorgis » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:47 am

I've gotta rant...

I was at the dog park yesterday with the boys. There was a lady with an older bully, around 11 years old she said. She had him on the loosest prong I've ever seen. No regular collar, no harness, no ID, nothing. He spent a solid minute at the gate barking at us until she grabbed him to let us in. Of course being a trainer of 5 years, I asked her about her ill-fitted prong. She said multiple people have told she has it on wrong, but she doesn't care. It's his comfort and she never uses a leash with him. She said her brother trained him, he's 11 and he doesn't even use the collar when she brings him out. He's never had the prong collar off in his entire life.

I asked, what happens if a dog catches him by his prong? What if it breaks while you're out with him? "Oh he'll come back to me." She grabbed and held him back by this low as heck prong collar multiple times while dogs came and went. I could see it digging in on the base of his neck. When she left, she had him on *GASP* a leash. And she used it to lead him to the car and get him in. I am not shocked I guess... but the ignorance is amazing. Multiple Shep owners come to the park and I watch them correctly use their gear. I'd assume most of them are the other ones who have told her. I guess I don't get not fixing it if multiple others have told you.

A side note here, any ideas on discouraging inappropriate marking at the dog park? I've been trying leave it, and redirecting, but Reven is pretty determined if another dog has peed there. It's driving me insane. I'm cool with him marking trees, but benches, dog bowls, and the toy box is really not okay.
ImageImage
PemCorgis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shadow~wolf » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:03 am

sorry that you had that experience! but it does seem that gsd owners always know what they're doing, like you mentioned. where i am, there are overweight, untrained dogs everywhere that just stay in the person's backyard. i've only seen one person in the neighborhood actually training their dog which was a border collie. we went to a dog friendly park but it wasn't for off leash dogs or even dogs specifically. there were a few gsds being trained by their handlers there!
shadow~wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby แดแด€แดแด„ษชา“แด‡ส€ » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:35 pm

I think we're getting a puppy within next week? This little one is some kind of lurcher/whippet/greyhound mix thing, he's the runt of the litter and is 8weeks old right now.
      (sorry about the massive uncropped pic)

We've reserved him, since it's kind of up in the air, since the other half of the household has never had puppies before but really wants one. We're also moving next week, as well as the the half that want the puppy going away so we don't know how much time we'll have to spend with him.
      I was kind of looking forward to getting a middle-aged rescue, but I'm not opposed to having a puppy, I just know I'll be the one looking after it the most and managing training. He's cute though and he's from friends, and also his parents are apparently really lovely, but I haven't even met him yet, my new stepmum was kind of like "my friend's dogs had puppies! Let's get one."

So, just in case he is definitely to be part of the family, any essential puppy tips and training guides would be great c:
      After 10 years since my last pup, I'm a little rusty ><

Also, if you want, name suggestions?
      My stepsister wants to call him fish, and my stepmum was thinking of scrappy, but honestly I refuse to go around calling a dog either of those things once it's grown XD
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–

maocifer#7930
    โ•” โ—ฆ โ˜† โ—ฆ โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•—
    British Horticulturist and avid
    Wendigoon enthusiast who plays
    far too much Warframe than
    is good for my sleep schedule

โ•šโ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ• โ—ฆ โ˜† โ—ฆ โ•
    โ™ฅ trades โ—ฆ flightrising โ—ฆ insta โ™ฅ
แดแด€แดแด„ษชา“แด‡ส€

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skysong » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:13 am

Oh come on, you can take him for a walk and say youโ€™re walking your fish. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Heโ€™s super cute though!

What about Ryder?
He looks like a Ryder to me lol
Skysong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eff » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:36 am

ive always liked the name moose for a brown dog.
      then you could be walking your moose
eff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me