Overated Animals?

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Quick Vote: Most Overated Animal?

Cats
12%
Dogs
18%
Lions
7%
Wolves
35%
Bears
2%
Dolphins
7%
Foxes
9%
Deer
2%
Other
8%

Total votes : 797

Re: Overated Animals?

Postby mediocre mackerel » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:04 pm

SilverStarlight wrote:
Luzien wrote:... a lot of people with fear of most animal dont fear (llamas)....

I was mildly amused when I read this, since I'm generally fine with animals, but always feel weirdly intimidated around llamas. xD I think they're adorable, but when I meet them in person, I'm always afraid that if I make one wrong move, they'll end up spitting on me (especially when they go and give me a sideways look out of nowhere). I know my mind's probably drastically exaggerating the risk of that happening, especially since spitting is (I'm assuming) an unpleasant experience for the llama, but yeah.

Back on topic, I feel weird calling any species overrated, since they didn't ask for silly humans to go and start making a big deal of them. I do have to admit that I agree about wolves, though; they're nice, but I feel like people obsess over them a little too much, and end up ignoring other lovely animals.

Also, this may be a bit different, but it slightly bothers me when some random animal basically becomes a meme/trend on the internet, and suddenly everyone loves it. The sudden "appreciation" feels dishonest to me, especially if it's an animal that the general population previously disliked or paid no attention to whatsoever. It would be nice if people actually, honestly appreciated these animals instead of just getting caught up in a trend.

I agree 100% bruh
Oh and hey, wanna know a really cool creature? Search up hummingbird hawk moth. They're pretty adorable fuzzy floofs
Last edited by mediocre mackerel on Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

platy she/her
came back for the oekaki (again)

insta gallery artfight
mediocre mackerel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alamire » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:05 pm

Cats and wolves.

"Y O U T A U G H T"
me the courage of stars
before you left, how life carries
on endlessly, even after death

Alamire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mediocre mackerel » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:12 pm

And I see that many people agree that wolves are pretty overrated. If wolves are so popular, than why aren't people freaking out about the fact that they're pretty endangered?
Omg and have you SEEN the amount of artic wolves in animal jam? They're so overrated in aj XD But no hate to the real artic wolves and wolves out there ✌

platy she/her
came back for the oekaki (again)

insta gallery artfight
mediocre mackerel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Person On CS » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:14 pm

For me, I'd say dogs. Lots of people love dogs and wish to own one, but I just think they're too messy and everyone has them now-a-days.
Person On CS

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alamire » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:15 pm

CrackerQuacker wrote:And I see that many people agree that wolves are pretty overrated. If wolves are so popular, than why aren't people freaking out about the fact that they're pretty endangered?
Omg and have you SEEN the amount of artic wolves in animal jam? They're so overrated in aj XD But no hate to the real artic wolves and wolves out there ✌

I believe that due to public interest wolves are a high priority species and there are breeding programs/reintroductions everywhere. But then again, most people probably like the idea of wolves, not the physical, literal wild creatures themselves. Please don't spam me with hate, wolf lovers.

"Y O U T A U G H T"
me the courage of stars
before you left, how life carries
on endlessly, even after death

Alamire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby douceur » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:17 pm

Monkeys.
If I'm being honest I always have thought that monkeys were ugly and not cute at all(I'm sorry!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
douceur|she/her|introvert
like snow beautiful but cold / about||©

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
douceur

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Harley_skyy » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:18 pm

Its true that wolves can tend to be overated as everyone loves them and are constantly drawing them but they still remain my favourite animal! <3
asdfghjgfdfgujhgffghjhgfetyujhgrtyujhgrt
asdfsdfghgfdfdhgfgHey!
asMy names Harley~ I enjoy, drawing, writing,
design and much more! Dm's are always open
(sig is currently a work in progress)
asdfsdfghgfdfdhgfg:)

asdfghjgfdfgujhgffghjhgfetyujhgrtyujhgrt
Harley_skyy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby violet evergarden » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:23 pm

i dont think any animals are overrated! theyre all cute and should be all treated the same (:
violet evergarden

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby oakhearted » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:30 pm

I don't know what to pick, but I kinda think snakes are overrated, I do like them and all, but it's sad how people discriminate a fox and rather have a snake as a pet instead of a fox. And yeah, lots of girls (and possibly boys too) have wolves as their phone backgrounds and all that, I don't go with that trend, ;w; and i hate the whole cat person vs dog person thing or the cats vs dogs thing
ITS OVERRATING AND LIKE CANT WE JUST LOVE ALL ANIMALS, and humans arent overrated, well kinda but humans can be good and bad, applies to animals too.
cheyne / adult / enfp-t / 4w5 / tritype: 495 / lawful good / sanguine [dom] / aest
carrd (main) :: carrd (cs) :: listo :: he/they :: toyhou.se :: oakhearted#8284 :: Image
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sig & pfp includes characters & ppl i kin | looking for new friends, hmu! | i'm in multiple fandoms ^^
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chicken Smoothie Resources: help forum > faq > site rules > wiki > contact staff
oakhearted

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby oakhearted » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:32 pm

SilverStarlight wrote:
Luzien wrote:... a lot of people with fear of most animal dont fear (llamas)....

I was mildly amused when I read this, since I'm generally fine with animals, but always feel weirdly intimidated around llamas. xD I think they're adorable, but when I meet them in person, I'm always afraid that if I make one wrong move, they'll end up spitting on me (especially when they go and give me a sideways look out of nowhere). I know my mind's probably drastically exaggerating the risk of that happening, especially since spitting is (I'm assuming) an unpleasant experience for the llama, but yeah.

Back on topic, I feel weird calling any species overrated, since they didn't ask for silly humans to go and start making a big deal of them. I do have to admit that I agree about wolves, though; they're nice, but I feel like people obsess over them a little too much, and end up ignoring other lovely animals.

Also, this may be a bit different, but it slightly bothers me when some random animal basically becomes a meme/trend on the internet, and suddenly everyone loves it. The sudden "appreciation" feels dishonest to me, especially if it's an animal that the general population previously disliked or paid no attention to whatsoever. It would be nice if people actually, honestly appreciated these animals instead of just getting caught up in a trend.

my version of this will be

... a lot of people with fear of most animal dont fear (snakes)....
cheyne / adult / enfp-t / 4w5 / tritype: 495 / lawful good / sanguine [dom] / aest
carrd (main) :: carrd (cs) :: listo :: he/they :: toyhou.se :: oakhearted#8284 :: Image
sig & pfp includes characters & ppl i kin | looking for new friends, hmu! | i'm in multiple fandoms ^^
Chicken Smoothie Resources: help forum > faq > site rules > wiki > contact staff
oakhearted

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me