Cat Chat 2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Cat Chat 2

Postby ~ moth ~ » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:30 pm

oh my, such cute cats! the little one is simply precious, and the split face is so pretty <3

i rubbed some vaseline on tiny's paws since i noticed they were a little dry. she doesn't like her toes being touched but thankfully was napping while i did it. when she woke up she took a taste test of the vaseline and decided she didn't like the taste. immediately ran to the water bowl to wash the taste down.

╰ ⋯ how the most dangerous thing . • ⊹ ╮

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⋯ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ◂ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⋯⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ ↼╯
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀╰ is to love -

. • adrien - adult - they / he / she - aroace ⋆ ╮

╰ ⋯ how you will heal and rise above . • ⊹

───────────────────────────────────────────
x▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ╮

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⋮

. - • crowned by an overture ↼╯
bold and beyond . • ⋆

╰ ⋯ ah, it’s more courageous to ⋆
▸ — overcome ⊹ .

──────────────────────────

~ moth ~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sinpai » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:35 am

hey everyone!! I'm new to this thread, I'm so happy it exists <33 His name is momiji but nicknames momo, he's about 9 months old and I've had him literally since he was born! But I have an issue; he's an indoor cat that has been getting really bad about getting into the trash and I don't know how to get him to stop :( I feed him 3 times a day, wet & dry food. Am I doing anything wrong?
this is him

Also y'all have such cute cats I am in love with them!! My cats mom was a calico actually so I do adore them as well <3333 gah what cute cats it makes my heart Happy ;w;
sinpai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blazesong » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:20 pm

Obsidian wrote:
hey everyone!! I'm new to this thread, I'm so happy it exists <33 His name is momiji but nicknames momo, he's about 9 months old and I've had him literally since he was born! But I have an issue; he's an indoor cat that has been getting really bad about getting into the trash and I don't know how to get him to stop :( I feed him 3 times a day, wet & dry food. Am I doing anything wrong?
this is him

Also y'all have such cute cats I am in love with them!! My cats mom was a calico actually so I do adore them as well <3333 gah what cute cats it makes my heart Happy ;w;

maybe hes looking for somthing todo? how often do you play with him?
my boy will go for the bin if me or my dad are away or if somthing he wants is in there, we have used two weighted boxes to stop him . one in front to stop him pulling it over, the other to stop him opening the lid.

i need a new signature

blazesong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:17 pm

Obsidian wrote:
this is him

My cat will sometimes get into the trash if it smells interesting, or if there's something sticking out of the lid that she wants to mess with. You could try spraying citrus or bitter apple spray on the lid (if you don't have a lid, you should definitely get one so it's not as easy for him to get into it), cats don't like the smell of citrus or bitter apple so that might be enough to deter him. If that doesn't help, definitely try to play with him or distract him from the trash can whenever he tries to get into it. If all else fails, you can buy things called deterrents, they're like cans of air or water that have a little motion-activated cap on them, which will spray whenever the cat gets near it. It's more or less a sure-fire way to get a cat to stop doing something, but they are on the pricey side, so it's a last resort.
As a side-note, you should put the trash can in a place that the cat can't reach it whenever everyone is out of the house. Removing the temptation during his most "vulnerable" time will sometimes help to curb his interest. I like to put my trash can in my dad's room and close the door whenever we leave the house, for example.

x
x
x

───────────────
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present

───────────────
x
x
x
x
x
x
Sixx O'Clock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby archipeIago » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:21 pm

new to this thread! i have a strong-willed smoky black cat with pale green eyes. I've had her since she was two months old, somehow that sassy kitten was in there for a month! she came in with her smoky black mother and two black siblings as well as another silver tabby sister(i'm assuming it's gender).
just going on about my cat, glad there's a cat chat here so i can talk about Shadow!
hi I'm coral!
[the L in my username is an uppercase i!]
☆ coral#4339
☆ toyhouse: archipeiago
archipeIago

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Winstalgia » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:32 pm

turns out, Tally is a boy...?

I never bothered checking because I assumed the neighbor and my sister knew how to see if a cat was male or female. Apparently not. My Aunt checked though and confirmed that Tally (Talisker) was a male cat.

His name is officially Count Talisker (Tally).
"𝕹𝖔𝖙 𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖘𝖚𝖗𝖊"
adult
Hi! Call me Rain or Wins! hope all is well.
I love philosophy, paradoxes, and thought
experiments. Fermi paradox is my favorite.
Really avid blink-182 fan! I love their music.
I also really like DnD and fantasy stuff.
Currently working on a visual novel!

"𝖎𝖘 𝖘𝖎𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖌𝖔𝖑𝖉."
Winstalgia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sinpai » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:01 pm

@blazesong & @Queenie!
Thank you both so very much!! I honestly didn't know it could be because of boredom & I really didn't know they hate citrus smell

Thank you both so much I will try this out <333
sinpai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Middy. » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:23 am

Sassy baby came home on Tuesday! Yesterday she got a vet check up (her incision site is a bit weird but the vet said to just keep a eye on it.) but other than that she got a clean bill of health. We went to my work after to let her meet everyone and she absolutely loved wandering the store and meeting people!
.Middy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby darkbay » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:55 pm

I just found this kitten in the electric box in the mess hall. Some of the workers were there and wanted to throw him out. So of course I couldn't look away and had to do something. So now I am stuck with a kitten :/
He looks a little over a month old. one of the workers said he had siblings but the manager threw them somewhere about a week ago so no more siblings.
Things like like this really make me wish I lived in America because cats aren't treated like pests there, there are animal rescues that accept cats and things like this just would not happen!
Ok, I am ranting now, it's just that I am so frustrated because this happens so frequently and I don't have the time or the resources to constantly rescue kittens in need. not that I don't love cats kittens and animals (I do happen to be vegan) and will help them in any way that I can, even if I can't (usually the case).
Sorry about the rant!
darkbay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ru. » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:14 am

Hello! I’m not breeding a cat or anything. I am just curious about two hypothetical situations because this is what I like to waste time thinking about I guess. (*All real life cats in this scenario are spayed/neutered so nothing is actually happening)

My friend has a spayed marbled silver Bengal (from a reputable breeder so Bengals as far back as they know). I have a neutered flame point Ragdoll mix (Spike). My parents have a red/orange mackerel tabby (Cheese) that was dumped at their house so his history is a mystery.

{I fostered Spike’s mom and the litter. His mom was a seal point tortoiseshell cat. His dad couldn’t be saidfor sure because it was from a hoarding situation but all of the cats that were hoarded were Ragdoll or Siamese mix. All of Spike’s siblings were flame-point or lynx-point except for one sister who was a black/brown mackerel tabby)

What coat/color types would be possible outcomes in a litter with the silver marbled Bengal and Spike?

What coat/color types would be possible outcomes in a litter between the Bengal and Cheese?

Thank you! I know this is weird 😂
| INFJ | Capricorn | Blood Type B | Coyote Dæmon | Neutral Good | Creative Type |
ru.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me