Dog Owner Chat v3 ~Open!~

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Dawg Owner Chat v3 ~Open!~

Postby Haagen-Daagen » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:32 pm

Imzadi83 wrote:^ Beautiful pictures! I'm glad Biscuit's tumor is benign. I like the name Biscuit, it was our late dog's middle name.

Thank you! She is about seventeen now, so we are so lucky that a benign tumor and some arthritis are the worst things she's had to deal with.(: Biscuit is such a nice, classic dog name! I can't quite remember why we named her that but I know we've always had a ton of those little "Biscuit the puppy" books around the house for as long as we've had her. Cx

Do you own characters designed by me? (old username is 4dogowner) PM me! I'd love to draw art of some of my older designs, free of charge. <3
Toyhou.se
"Being courageous isn't the same as being fearless; it is doing what's right even when you're scared to death."

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds."
"You are never a failure until you begin blaming your mistakes on someone else."
"Joy is a fully loaded magazine and a puppy."
Haagen-Daagen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby brit. » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:49 pm

Lol I'm forgotten on this thread,but I'm gonna be more active on here now)
Middy is chew ok now is he infected?

U have probably answered these but i didn't see)

@4dogowner. Hey is his tumour ok? It looks pretty bad. It looks like a huge tear

Yea so my friend ,who owns three dogs, has a Doberman with a ear infection. From some kind of allergy. They aren't really doing anything about. What allergy could it possibly be?
Last edited by brit. on Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
old user. rarely online.
brit.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lupen » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:14 pm

Uchuujin wrote:For those of you who've lost your doggies - what did you do with all their collars/scarves/clothes and stuff? Did you keep them? Donate them? Do something creative with them?

This week my 3 babies went down to 2. My 17 year old dog was showing all the symptoms of cancer and she was too old for the vets to really do anything about it, so we decided to put her down. I know it's still really soon but I'm trying to figure out what to do with all of her stuff, because it's upsetting me just to see it all lying around the house ; _ ; I need to decide whether to pack everything up and store it away/give it away or to do something else with it all.

I've never had a dog die because up until we got her we only ever fostered. We'd go through like a dozen dogs a year but never really saw any of them get old or sick. So these feelings are all so weird for me oTL

I'm sorry for your loss :(

I actually still have my dog, Lacey's, collar. She passed at the age of five from lymphosarcoma cancer almost six years ago, and right now it's sitting in the drawer of my bedside table. I'm sure there are more creative ways to use it but... It's nice still having it around.
ImageImage

✨ Everything I have on CS is for sale for Flightrising! Desperately looking for the familiars above. ✨
Pet trades accepted as well.

Lupen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Middy. » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:59 am

Any ideas on a cheap way to fix fencing to keep dogs in? Our new house will have a 4 ft cyclone fence all the way around it, but Princess can easily climb it and I'm sure Chewie could jump it.

Eventually we may section off a bit of the property for the dogs to have a 6 ft wood privacy fence, but for now I'm looking to fix up the fence that's already there.

It's a little over 2 acres that's fenced, so i need something that won't break the bank lol
.Middy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cardinal » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:08 am

.Middy. wrote:Any ideas on a cheap way to fix fencing to keep dogs in? Our new house will have a 4 ft cyclone fence all the way around it, but Princess can easily climb it and I'm sure Chewie could jump it.

Eventually we may section off a bit of the property for the dogs to have a 6 ft wood privacy fence, but for now I'm looking to fix up the fence that's already there.

It's a little over 2 acres that's fenced, so i need something that won't break the bank lol

I vote for just trolley/tether systems. xP

But! Chicken wire perched on a 45degree angle or coyote rollers are your best bet. Both can be pretty cheap depending on where you source the materials.. and buying in bulk doesn't hurt either. Coyote rollers would probably be the cheapest as PVC pipe can be $1-2 for several yards.

I did a quick check, most of the 10ft pieces of pvc are 2-3 dollars and buy 10 get 10% off.
Honey, it's in the stars
And you're my everything from here to Mars
And every word I say I truly mean
Dear darling, I hope I'm being clear
'Cause there's no one like you on earth
That can be my universe

Cardinal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Middy. » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:19 am

Thanks Cardinal!

We actually just got word that the HOA doesn't allow goats or chickens even though it's in the middle of nowhere and has 2 acres... So we are back on the hunt for a house, I'll definelty remember that if whatever we end up at ends up with the cyclone fencing.
.Middy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlingBling » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:33 pm

Photos of our walk today~
The big guys were happy just digging where we are putting the pond, so they didn't join in :3

Anyone wanna be a judge? (She needs to be trimmed in some places x-x)

Shawol - Monbebe - Carat - Insomnia
BlingBling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MacGyver » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:57 pm

The harness I ordered for Dixie earlier this month came today.

Image Image
████████████████████████ ███ ███ █████
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰

█████ ███ ███ ████████████████████████
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
Image Image Image Image Image
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
DIXIE INSTA ART

ɪ ᴀᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀᴅ ᴋᴇᴇᴘᴇʀ
HaruMakoNagisa
ReiRinMomo
SousukeNitori

CSCC Iwatobi Dog Chat

WIP
MacGyver

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keletheryl » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:05 pm

MacGyver wrote:The harness I ordered for Dixie earlier this month came today.

-snip-

Awesome!

Also... your signature :'( why you gotta bring back memories of Shadow and the gang

╭━━━━━━━━╮
• Stamps •

╰━━━━━━━━╯
╭━━━━━━━━╮
• Credit •
NebulaWolf
╰━━━━━━━━╯
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╭━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╮
• Bio •
Hello! My name is Keletheryl. I love
all things fantasy or mythological. I
live in Canada, BC! I am an animal
lover and own lots of pets! See you
around!

╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯

Keletheryl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Day Of Silence » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:56 pm

Wow, flashy harness you got there Dixie!

Poor Epic has been bored all day. The weather has gotten really hot so she's only good for a potty break and then a mad dash back into the house. And there's not much we could do besides some training and some small careful games of tug of war.
But it was nice as the sun went down, it cooled off and all the dogs were indoors so we could use the field. We did about half an hour of running with some tug of war to make it fun, which seems to have tired her out some.
Day Of Silence

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me