Cat Chat 2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Cat Chat 2

Postby Ki-Mono » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:10 am

Happy Birthday to my cat Squeeky~
This old girl turns 21 today!
She's sadly in that stage in her life where she is deteriorating pretty quickly, but hopefully she passes away quietly in her sleep instead of having to put her down. This cat has been in my life for as long as I can remember. It will be hard to let her go
Ki-Mono

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby peppa » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:03 am

Ki-Mono wrote:Happy Birthday to my cat Squeeky~
She's sadly in that stage in her life where she is deteriorating pretty quickly, but hopefully she passes away quietly in her sleep instead of having to put her down. This cat has been in my life for as long as I can remember. It will be hard to let her go

so cute what a sassy gal

'' hi! i'm peppa ''
    pms always open, lets be friends <3

she/her | blm | pixel credit
peppa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby waterparks. » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:39 am

Ki-Mono wrote:Image
Happy Birthday to my cat Squeeky~

aw she is a cutie pie <3 happy birthday to her!
waterparks.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Brynmala » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:55 am

Magnum Audibeliever wrote:So. For those of you who have dogs and cats how do you seperate the toys?

I may be taking in a dog for a good friend of mine in the near future ... but she is not exactly a small dog, and most cat toys are fairly small. I can imagine they’d be destroyed fairly quickly.

I'm not sure I can actually add anything to what has already been said, but I had ex-racing greyhounds living harmoniously with both cats and house rabbits, so been there... yes, keep the toys separate and keep the dog and cats separate when you aren't there to supervise them. Stair/baby gates are really useful, and I used to not allow the dogs upstairs, so that was always a space that was safe for the cats, and any toys they had were kept there. The dogs were always shut in downstairs over night so there was no chance of an accidental meeting.

On the subject of training, you can never do enough of that - take the dog to training classes regardless of whether you feel they are needed, and LEAVE (or DROP IT, but Leave is more multifunctional) is probably one of the three most important commands you can ever teach a dog, it could quite literally be a life saver if the dog is investigating or has picked up something dangerous or poisonous (the other two are STAY and COME :))

@ waterparks - happy birthday to Squeeky, bless her, she does look like an old lady :) I'm sorry she's not in the best of health, it is always hard to know you will lose a cat soon, but honestly it is way kinder to have her put to sleep once you know her quality of life has gone than to make her wait to die naturally, and quite possibly painfully. Having lost 11 cats over the years it is a decision I have never regretted making.
Brynmala

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Light Bringer » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:08 pm

https://imgur.com/a/W8loJBF
My boy was posing for a photo shoot for me yesterday and I am loving the ourcomes. At times like this, I wish I had a better camera instead of needing to use my phone. Oh well. I'm happy with the results.
Got a couple photos of one of my girls as well.
https://imgur.com/a/SLWRPBy
Last edited by Light Bringer on Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxx
LIGHTS OFF
xxxxxxxx

Light Bringer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~ moth ~ » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:35 pm

Light Bringer wrote:https://imgur.com/a/W8loJBF
My boy was posing for a photo shoot for me yesterday and I am loving the ourcomes. At times like this, I wish I had a better camera instead of needing to use my phone. Oh well. I'm happy with the results.

oh my gosh! your cat is so beautiful. those pictures look wonderful ,, i wouldn't of thought them taken by a phone.

╰ ⋯ how the most dangerous thing . • ⊹ ╮

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⋯ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ◂ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⋯⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ ↼╯
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀╰ is to love -

. • adrien - adult - they / he / she - aroace ⋆ ╮

╰ ⋯ how you will heal and rise above . • ⊹

───────────────────────────────────────────
x▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ╮

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⋮

. - • crowned by an overture ↼╯
bold and beyond . • ⋆

╰ ⋯ ah, it’s more courageous to ⋆
▸ — overcome ⊹ .

──────────────────────────

~ moth ~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Middy. » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:22 pm

Well I posted about my new guy Screech the other day, so figured it’s time to post about my other boys!

They met Screech today and tiny little Sirus was acting like he was the biggest cat around, meanwhile he’s kitten sized lol. Screech did fantastic with them even when they were jerks. Hopefully he can move in with them full time soon!

Took these two out for some pics today which they didn’t love but I got a few lol.
.Middy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mew, » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:46 pm

a while ago I posted about my buddy prince having quite a few issues both behaviourally and physically
well I'm glad to say that he's okay. poor clumsy boy went on an adventure outside and somehow injured a ligament and broke his protruding tooth at the same time. it's all okay though. vet said that leg might be less flexible and the knee might seem a little bigger but that's because of scar tissue.
as for the licking, it's totally allergies. it's been reoccurring for a few years and I'm pretty sure it's something that blooms in mid spring so ig that's just something we'll have to deal with. our vet gave him a shot for the allergies and some antibiotics for the deeper wounds from scratching.

however, I do have one thing to ask.

so when he sleeps, he has these little twitching fits. idk what to call them. it's pretty weird but I was wondering is he just dreaming or?
it's literally just twitching, nothing else. sometimes it's a lot, sometimes not much at all. it's not anywhere specific, either. it'll start a little usually then happen a bit more. usually if I find this happening I'll just call his name or stroke him a bit and he wakes up fine. kinda sounds like he's just dreaming and instead of moving he twitches... is that possible or normal or is that bad? does anyone else's cat do this?

I don't have great pictures of him, but here's one of my favourites from about two years ago that I really like.

mew,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~ moth ~ » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:54 pm

@andyy. :: so glad that your kitty is doing better! the twitching is normal. my kitten does it as well. it just means that he's entered deep sleep ,, or rem sleep ,, and he's dreaming. much like humans in which one may sleep talk or sleep walks cats twitch in their sleep. and he's such a pretty cat by the way.

how come all of you can get great pictures of your cats? any time i try to get a pic of my two they're always moving!

╰ ⋯ how the most dangerous thing . • ⊹ ╮

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⋯ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ◂ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⋯⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ ↼╯
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀╰ is to love -

. • adrien - adult - they / he / she - aroace ⋆ ╮

╰ ⋯ how you will heal and rise above . • ⊹

───────────────────────────────────────────
x▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ╮

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⋮

. - • crowned by an overture ↼╯
bold and beyond . • ⋆

╰ ⋯ ah, it’s more courageous to ⋆
▸ — overcome ⊹ .

──────────────────────────

~ moth ~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby deoxyribonucleic » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:03 am

here's my bestest girl, got her home from the vet and she's happy to see us. she was sick but she's okay now, and I'm so glad to have my baby with me.
Attachments
IMG_1316.JPG
IMG_1316.JPG (121.03 KiB) Viewed 21 times
moonwalkin'
noelle | she/her
───── ♤ ─────
you, too, deserve love
deoxyribonucleic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery