Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

What do you have rabbits for?

I don't own a rabbit (YET!)
28%
My rabbits are companion pets!
48%
I raise show rabbits!
10%
I use rabbits as a food source
6%
I use them for wool! *starts knitting*
3%
Other...
5%

Total votes : 432

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat V.2 - FRESH! :)

Postby serene! » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:38 am

Polly44 wrote:I lost my beautiful doe Biscuit just over a week ago now. And i have no idea why. I came home from work, went and checked on her and she was just not right at all. Lethergic and just wrong. She had a drink and some food, but we went to take her to the vets and she just went, just like that in my arms on the way there. And i am heartbroken. I'd not even had her a year yet and i just do not know why, she was perfectly healthy (as far as i know and the vet person said), spoiled rotten and i just....... i'm in pieces.

That's so odd and terrible! I wish you good wishes
serene!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leiawolfe » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:38 pm

Luzien wrote:
Savage Cat wrote:I have owned a bunny for about 3 years now and one thing that I've noticed is that she won't come out of her cage when I let her have some free time. (What I mean by free time is that I let her run around outside of her cage). Does anyone have any ideas of what to do? I'm really concerned about her health and if this is a huge problem. Please reply, I'm really concerned! :cry: :?:

may i ask....is this place where she can run free ouside or inside your home?
did you make her run interesting with toys places to sit on and hide under from Wood....Food an water....something she can walk on to go outside and so on...
do you take her and put her outside or simply open the Cage?

Hm yeah..
Also, when do you decide to take her out, what time of day? Because remember, rabbits are crepuscular. That means that they are most active during dawn and dusk (morning and night). So if you try to take her out in the afternoon, for a wild rabbit that is their nap-time so I'm sure she won't like that.

In the morning, Aura will have finished her food during the night, and be all hungry and active. So I open her door and go to sit on the couch, and she'll come a few minutes later. Basically same with night-time.

But if I open her cage in the afternoon, she'll just be huddled in the corner doing nothing, and get annoyed if I try to take her out xD

You can also try having a treat (e.g, banana) and luring her out of the cage? :3
leah
australia
she/her
talk to me about anything and everything, my dms are always open !! sig is a wip ^^
leiawolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby serene! » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:43 pm

LeiaWolfe wrote:
Luzien wrote:
Savage Cat wrote:I have owned a bunny for about 3 years now and one thing that I've noticed is that she won't come out of her cage when I let her have some free time. (What I mean by free time is that I let her run around outside of her cage). Does anyone have any ideas of what to do? I'm really concerned about her health and if this is a huge problem. Please reply, I'm really concerned! :cry: :?:

may i ask....is this place where she can run free ouside or inside your home?
did you make her run interesting with toys places to sit on and hide under from Wood....Food an water....something she can walk on to go outside and so on...
do you take her and put her outside or simply open the Cage?

Hm yeah..
Also, when do you decide to take her out, what time of day? Because remember, rabbits are crepuscular. That means that they are most active during dawn and dusk (morning and night). So if you try to take her out in the afternoon, for a wild rabbit that is their nap-time so I'm sure she won't like that.

In the morning, Aura will have finished her food during the night, and be all hungry and active. So I open her door and go to sit on the couch, and she'll come a few minutes later. Basically same with night-time.

But if I open her cage in the afternoon, she'll just be huddled in the corner doing nothing, and get annoyed if I try to take her out xD

You can also try having a treat (e.g, banana) and luring her out of the cage? :3
perhaps she is sad, or hurt has anything changed in her life lately, has this ever happened before?

Also I recemend the other post I quoted, they are usefull
serene!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nøcturne » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:43 am

Just a quick question, is it safe to give your rabbits small fabric toys like beanie babies or beanie boos? I've tried before and they just eat or destroy them. Is it possible for a bunny to become sick from eating a small eye off one of them?? :(
nøcturne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leiawolfe » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:50 pm

under the bus ! wrote:Just a quick question, is it safe to give your rabbits small fabric toys like beanie babies or beanie boos? I've tried before and they just eat or destroy them. Is it possible for a bunny to become sick from eating a small eye off one of them?? :(

My bunny has eaten carpet before, and um, let's see.. she's still alive :lol:
It's really not a good idea for a bunny to eat anything like fabric or any foreign material.
It can rot in their gut making them feel unwell.
I wouldn't generally recommend giving your rabbit(s) small fabric toys/plushies, especially in your case,since they're known to eat them.
I think that if a bunny ate a small plastic eye from a beanie boo, it will probably do no obvious harm (except choke, but that would only happen straight after it got eaten).
It might just have a hard time pooping :geek:
leah
australia
she/her
talk to me about anything and everything, my dms are always open !! sig is a wip ^^
leiawolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:54 pm

under the bus ! wrote:Just a quick question, is it safe to give your rabbits small fabric toys like beanie babies or beanie boos? I've tried before and they just eat or destroy them. Is it possible for a bunny to become sick from eating a small eye off one of them?? :(

i would not give them normal toys that are not made for animals (sure some Baby toys could work...like a hard plastic ball or Wood chew Baby toys) that they can chew and play with, but non with squeeky inside or eyes or other loose extra parts! maybe have a look in dog toys or thing mae for rabbits when you like to give them a toy... Wood is always bether for them or toys from hay or willow twig or such ;)
and yes they can become sick from things not made for them, small things like the plastic eye could go out without problem or get lodged inside its Body... it must not have to happen but bether to be careful.
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imzadi83 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:38 am

Is it okay to post about wild rabbits here? My mother moved the lawn mower today and saw some dead grass, when to move it and it started raining bunnies! She was panicked, called me, we put on garden gloves and put them all back. I think there was five. I didn't know to check for dehydration or anything, but they looked healthy and active. I think there was five. They were still blackish and didn't have their ears or eyes open. I'm thinking they are a few days old? We got them all back in their nest, covered them up and no one has tried to make a break for it so I think they're alright. We don't want to try and park the mower on the spot so Mom put the mower in front of the area and a lawn chair over the nest for shade. I hope we get to se Mama come back and feed them. We had a Mom with a nest in the front yard last year.

I'd love to have/foster a (or a couple) pet rabbit some day.
Looking for a real life pet? http://www.petfinder.com Adopt a homeless Pet!
Give Food To Homeless Pets FREE & Freekibble
Imzadi83

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leiawolfe » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:04 pm

Imzadi83 wrote:Is it okay to post about wild rabbits here? My mother moved the lawn mower today and saw some dead grass, when to move it and it started raining bunnies! She was panicked, called me, we put on garden gloves and put them all back. I think there was five. I didn't know to check for dehydration or anything, but they looked healthy and active. I think there was five. They were still blackish and didn't have their ears or eyes open. I'm thinking they are a few days old? We got them all back in their nest, covered them up and no one has tried to make a break for it so I think they're alright. We don't want to try and park the mower on the spot so Mom put the mower in front of the area and a lawn chair over the nest for shade. I hope we get to se Mama come back and feed them. We had a Mom with a nest in the front yard last year.

I'd love to have/foster a (or a couple) pet rabbit some day.

Aw, that's really cute c:
In case you did want to know, you can keep a bunny as a pet/foster pet when it is 6 weeks old :thumbup:
leah
australia
she/her
leiawolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leiawolfe » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:18 pm

x
Aura Peanut

"Uh, heyy.."
"Oh, hello! I'm Peanut! I believe we've met sometime before; I live one story above your house! What's your name?"
"I'm Aura, nice to meet you *blushes*
"Lovely! *walks closer* Is this where you normally hang around?"
"What? Oh, yeah, this is Leia's room, her bed's so comfy!
*both chuckle*
"I'm usually around in the living room or Leia's parents' room, you could come there sometime!"
"Oh, great! I'll ask Leia if she could pick some herbs from the garden to munch on as well? I love nasturtium flowers, they're my favourite! Oh, and how about a little nectarine afterwards?" *blah blah blah, gets carried away talking about food*
"Ooh, yum! So, would next weekend be alright for you?"
*Checks Aura-calendar that Leia made for her, places paw on next weekend - sees that she'll be doing something next weekend - taps head* "Hm, next weekend? How about.. Friday night? I've got nothing on then. You?"
*Checks Peanut-calendar that Leia made for him - sees that he'll be working on something with Leia's parents on Friday night* Hm, well I could miss out doing stuff with Leia's parents next Friday.. Okay. I'll do that - cause this party will be fun! "Yeah, sure. Nothing on Friday night. Seeya then!"
"Okaayyyy!"
*both fly- and trot off*

-FRIDAY NIGHT AT 7:45 IN THE LIVING ROOM-

"Heyy! I persuaded Leia to get the party food. She brought it all on a little plate.
"Great! I've set up a mini boom box for our music!
"One...Two...Three...START!" *Music starts playing..and loudly.*
*Notices that Aura doesn't like starting conversations - uses quick-thinking powers* "So, what's your favourite colour? Mine's green. Lime green ^^
"Oh, well I have two. Silver and pastel pink. Which am I supposed to choose?" *chuckles*
"You know, you like to talk a lot."
"I do? Oh. It's just part of me. Should I stop?"
"No,no. It's just... intriguing.
*Tries to think of how to interpret this - can't really do it - basically gives up* "Okay".
*Wonders if it was something she said - comes to the conclusion that it was* 'No,no, it's just that I hardly ever meet anyone that can just...talk. And you've been on the top storey of our building all along.."
*Talk and talk for 2 more hours about random stuff
"Okay, well I'd better go; it was nice talking to you!"
"Yeah, same here. Alright, well seeya!"
*notices that she missed Leia's favourite show - oh well. That was fun.*

XD okay guys IDK I just thought I could use that picture for something..XD The Adventures of Aura and Peanut
haha :lol: :lol: :lol:
leah
australia
she/her
leiawolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Brightheartlover » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:49 am

Hello, first time posting here. I have two rabbits, Lily and Leo, they are bonded together and are spayed and neutered already. Lily is 4 years old and Leo has recently turned 2 years old. They are absolute angels, they are both lop rabbits though Leo is a French mini lop and I'm not sure what type of lop Lily is. Here is a picture of both of them when we first got Leo, he is a lot bigger now lol.
Attachments
796723810425830.jpg
796723810425830.jpg (463 KiB) Viewed 208 times
Brightheartlover

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me