Overated Animals?

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Quick Vote: Most Overated Animal?

Cats
12%
Dogs
18%
Lions
7%
Wolves
35%
Bears
2%
Dolphins
7%
Foxes
9%
Deer
2%
Other
8%

Total votes : 797

Postby astrohund » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:39 pm

i know everyone else has already pretty much said this,
      but i think wolves are very overrated, even i like them myself.
      mainly i think people like them because they have relation to werewolves and lycans?
      also because they are dog-like, i don't really think they're like dogs too much..,
      but yeah, that's what i think honestly.

@falon oof i LOVE dogs but i agree a little, but i also can't
      help screaming internally when i see a dog walking on a sidewalk, something about
      it makes me so happy inside, seeing a big warm pupper strutting.
      i don't like baby talking dogs really but i do it sometimes
      i can't say i'm too much of a cat fan, considering i haven't had many cats, but i do like them,
      would you think they are overrated or underrated? i honestly think they're a little too overrated,
      not as much as dogs and canines, but yeah.. maybe i'm thinking this from a lot of
      cough warrior cats related things cough

what do you guys think is an underrated animal? maybe sea animals...
      reptiles... etc, anything that's not too fluffy and soft. i like lizards and snakes a bit

ImageImage
he/him
im just here to be entertained
𓃠 my gallery 𓃠
astrohund

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Overated Animals?

Postby Mistfox » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:37 am

EVERYONE IS SOO MEAN! No animal is overrated just loved, I hate the fight between cats and dogs as I own one of each and love them to bits and wolves are NOT overrated either! All animals are amazing in their own way and if you don’t agree then just stay out of it and don’t call them overrated! It is mean and the poor animals just want to live their lives without haters and with lots and lots of lovers, imagine someone called your pet overrated? Wouldn’t it hurt your feelings a little?! All I’m saying is don’t be so quick to judge and have some consideration for the animal who doesn’t understand any of it
Mistfox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Light Bringer » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:26 am

falon'din wrote:dogs and wolves. dog lovers get so hyped up over dogs and it's like ???? you see them everyday bro please chill. like if you love dogs cool but I don't think they're something to stop what youre doing and flip out over yknow? i mean im a cat person but if i see one i don't go "oooh it's a wittle kitty! cmere who's a good boy whos a good boy? you are! oh yes you are! *insert more strange baby talk and maybe some meowing here*" but who knows maybe the dog lovers i know are just weird

I am definitely a dog person but I must say that I'm guilty of speaking to my cats like that. Then again, I'm a little weird too so I don't know if I'm the most reliable source. I honestly don't see many dog lovers do that, so it's a possibility that you just know the odd few that do react like that around dogs. I also know, from experience, that there's a person lile that for just about every animal species. I've seen a person react that way over an axolotl, and another, over a spider. It's just the kind of person they are and how they express their emotions. :)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxx
LIGHTS OFF
xxxxxxxx

Light Bringer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby POSTAL 2 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:38 am

Emberkawaiifox wrote:EVERYONE IS SOO MEAN! No animal is overrated just loved, I hate the fight between cats and dogs as I own one of each and love them to bits and wolves are NOT overrated either! All animals are amazing in their own way and if you don’t agree then just stay out of it and don’t call them overrated! It is mean and the poor animals just want to live their lives without haters and with lots and lots of lovers, imagine someone called your pet overrated? Wouldn’t it hurt your feelings a little?! All I’m saying is don’t be so quick to judge and have some consideration for the animal who doesn’t understand any of it

How does having an opinion of animal make you mean? That's like saying if you think babies are cute you're a good person, which isn't necessarily true.

max | any neoprns/him | may 5 | adult | i like to um. half,ife

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
POSTAL 2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mistfox » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:42 am

It doesn’t mean they have to fight!
Image Image
Image Image Image
Mistfox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alcidesune » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:15 pm

Emberkawaiifox wrote:It doesn’t mean they have to fight!

Nobody in this thread is fighting? All I've seen is discussions on misconceptions related to animals due to their popularity - Wolves are NOBLE and MISUNDERSTOOD and EVERYONE HATES AND KILLS THEM being a big misconception I've seen on this site and the internet in general - and the harm these misconceptions cause. Earlier the harm to wild parrot populations via their popularity in the pet trade was mentioned, and I also mentioned wolf overpopulation issues and the harm to both them and the wild elk population (due to people shouting NO NOT THE WOLVES! anytime a hunting season is put in place). I agree there's nothing wrong with liking the animal, you just have to make sure you aren't twisting what that animal is in your perception and acknowledge the harms both done to that animal via their popularity and done by that animal to the populations of humans and other animals.
Click the image to see the artists!

He/Him | Alc/Alcides
Connoisseur of the freaky and monstrous
Alcidesune

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tea rose » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:18 pm

Maybe cats and dogs. Although I'm a cat lover, I don't go that deep and it still feels like the two are all you ever see and hear about
Image~Image Image Image
x𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒈𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒎𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxx''listo
xxxxx'''art thread

xxxxxxx'playlist

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxx''hi, i'm elliot!
xxx''i'm mostly here for
xxxxx'forum games
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

tea rose

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mistfox » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:38 pm

Alcidesune wrote:

Nobody in this thread is fighting? All I've seen is discussions on misconceptions related to animals due to their popularity - Wolves are NOBLE and MISUNDERSTOOD and EVERYONE HATES AND KILLS THEM being a big misconception I've seen on this site and the internet in general - and the harm these misconceptions cause. Earlier the harm to wild parrot populations via their popularity in the pet trade was mentioned, and I also mentioned wolf overpopulation issues and the harm to both them and the wild elk population (due to people shouting NO NOT THE WOLVES! anytime a hunting season is put in place). I agree there's nothing wrong with liking the animal, you just have to make sure you aren't twisting what that animal is in your perception and acknowledge the harms both done to that animal via their popularity and done by that animal to the populations of humans and other animals.

Well I’ve seen fighting and it may be too subtle for most to notice but it’s bad, people are being RUDE
Image Image
Image Image Image
Mistfox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby POSTAL 2 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:54 pm

Emberkawaiifox wrote:
Alcidesune wrote:

Well I’ve seen fighting and it may be too subtle for most to notice but it’s bad, people are being RUDE

Literally nobody on this thread is fighting. There are disagreements, but they are more of debates with actual information instead of people saying "OMG I DISAGREE THAT'S STUPID IT SUCKS!!!". Noboy is fighting.

max | any neoprns/him | may 5 | adult | i like to um. half,ife

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
POSTAL 2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snuppy » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:06 pm

Tbb, the only people starting stuff on this thread are the ones calling people mean and rude lol..

That being said, I agree with the parrot statement

――― ♡ ⋆ ·:¨༺ ♱✮♱ ༻¨:· ⋆ ♡ ―――
𓆩⭒𓆪 { puppy // adult // lɘsbian } 𓆩⭒𓆪
Indigo ♡
sig & icon
――― ♡ ⋆ ·:¨༺ ♱✮♱ ༻¨:· ⋆ ♡ ―――
snuppy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes