Annoying Things People Do To/With Your Pet(s)

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Annoying Things People Do To/With Your Pet(s)

Postby Maligator » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:34 am

Okay so, i have cats. 2 cats that live with me, 1 that currently lives with my dad.

My biggest pet peeve (no pun intended) Would be when my adult cat, who is the sweetest and most friendly thing, comes over to someone to say hi and get some love, and the person says something like "If i touch it then it will randomly turn on me and bite and scratch me!"........ Seriously? Okay, yes, some cats will bite and scratch, and to someone who doesn't recognize cat body language it can seem out of the blue, but please don't assume my cat is vicious and will attack you. Another thing is when people come over and see my kitten, and immediately pick her up randomly and hold her against her will. Like, can you ask me first? And can you not practically STRANGLE her? It make me upset, because she will try to get away, and end up scratching, and they will say something like "Oh, this is why i hate cats, they always attack for no reason". Like there was clearly a reason.

Also, this is something i hate as well, and it bothers me; People frequently scare my cats because "it's funny to see them jump". My cats will be sniffing something, or sniffing a person, and that person will then make a sudden noise and make my poor kitty practically have a heart attack, and then they will laugh. I wonder how they would feel if they walked over to someone to say hi and either got their face screamed in or got startled because of some horrible sound coming from the other persons mouth.
♡ Lover and wearer of Lolita fashion ♡

♡ Obsession with PPS dragon cats ♡

♡ Extremely passionate about dogs ♡

These are my babies

Misty
♫ You didn't choose this,
but you'll be defined
by the times you didn't
quit. Will you be
remembered by what
darkness did, or what
you did with it?
Will you turn the
light out, or be a
human lighthouse?
Keep breaking down or
break your chains?
If you're standing on the
ledge, so close to giving
up on holding on… You'll
never know what could
have been. Who would
you be if you had just
stayed strong? You are
more than what you're
enduring, you can make
it to the morning. All your
pain is just a hero forming.
If you can save,
you can save your story ♫
Maligator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby souldier » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:41 pm

Oh my gosh,
I have so many stories.

First off,
Me and my sister used to breed rabbits - the babies are tiny, blind and helpless - and we had this family come over with a girl about 10. She asked to see the babies, I said yes but warned her that we could only look for a short time and she couldn't touch them as they were only a few days old and the mothers first litter.
Ok, she said. Not Ok. As soon as I lifted the lid she saw them and shrieked, grabbed one, and dropped him when he squeaked. He hit his head badly and died within an hour. I WAS SO MAD. Not only did she not listen, SHE KILLED A BUNNY. AN INNOCENT BABY BUNNY.

People like this make me so mad.
The other day my sister was cleaning the windows and our cat was sitting near her, watching her. (He's quite funny and likes to watch us partake in boring household tasks)
Now, me sister isn't exactly very nice to this cat. She Always seems to grit her teeth when she pats him, like she really wants to squeeze him or something? Sometimes she does..
Anyway, all of a sudden the cat screamed and leaped away. SHE SQUIRTED HIM IN THE EYES WITH LEMON DISINFECTANT!!
There was no way she could have missed, he was on the couch and she was cleaning a window about a meter away from him.
Ugh.

One more;;

People always seem scared of my dog.
Like no, she's not as mean as she looks.
Yes, she's big black and hairy, no she will not eat you.
She might eat your dog if he continues to nip at her, but she will not eat you.
xxxxxxxxxxx
xxMy kalons

x Best friend
xxx
xxxxxxxxxxx

souldier

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blazesong » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:29 pm

my mum tells me all the time she dosnt like my kitten and we could get rid of her.

this isnt the frist time , when my older dog was a pup she said the same thing, then up untill about 8 months ago she was saying the same thing to me about my other dog. she dosnt say it about any other pets, are oldest cat whos a pain she never says anything bad about, her cat who hates the world .... to her cant put a foot wrong(its her cat but i do all the care for it)

i need a new signature

blazesong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bluebudgie » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:12 am

I hate it when people go up to my bird cage and poke their finger between the bars trying to touch my budgies or put there hand in the cage. My birds of course run away but they keep on trying. I can easily see that my birds are stressed but they won't stop! So what I tend to do is when they ask, "Do they bite?" I point at Zebra, (who sadly died so my plan doesn't work any more) and say, "She does, and she has bit so hard she made the person bleed." That typically keeps them from doing anything but that doesn't always work.
Christian - Image - INTJ
Feel free to message me. I'm not the best at conversations but I don't mind chatting.
bluebudgie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby paigewolf » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:14 am

I hate it when my sister lets her friends come into my room, and they stick their fingers into my sugar glider's cage and they bite them.

Hi! I'm PaigeWolf

I've been a member since 2012, and this is my favorite place to spend my free time away from being a college student.

I Play the tenor drums, and my goal is to be in the Blue Stars DCI group one day.

My goal on Chicken Smoothie is to complete the collection of every single pet. So I'd love any help. Thank you <3
paigewolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:22 am

It really annoys me when people come over and let my dog jump on them. :T
I've been trying so hard to train her out of that behavior, but then these people come in and just let her jump on them. And when I try to tell them I'm working with her and I don't want her to jump, they just say "oh it's fine I'm used to it" or some crumby excuse like that.
This one doesn't really happen as often anymore, thankfully, but back before I moved, whenever some people (like my ex's friends) would come over, they would intentionally scare my cats. The only reason they did it was because they hated cats and thought it was "funny". :T Bet you wouldn't think it was so funny if something 5 times your size ran up stomping its feet at you and making noise.
And the last thing that really annoys me, which also happens to be the reason I keep my remaining lizard locked away in my room, is when people see one of my terrariums/aquariums and decide to just tap on the glass. It doesn't do anything except freak the animal out, so why would you do it? That would be like some random stranger coming to your house and just standing at one of your windows, knocking on it. Doesn't seem so innocent now, does it?

x
x
x

───────────────
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present

───────────────
x
x
x
x
x
x
Sixx O'Clock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby queen in the north. » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:48 pm

Boy, have I got a rant in store.

Let's start with my dog. As you may know, dogs respond best when there is one person telling them what to do. They can focus on the voice, and do what it says. I HATE when I have family or people over and my dog will jump on them or do something out of line. I will tell my dog to sit, or lie down. I DON'T need you freaking out and repeating those words like a parrot. It just confuses my dog. How can she listen to her owner telling her to sit, when at the same time someone else is squawking "Sit! Stay! Down! Get off! Bad girl!" It gets me so angry, and it just confuses my dog. I also hate it when people reprimand my dog. I get it if it's my sister or parents, but not total strangers. I was on a walk with her once back when we lived in the city, and I had paused to talk to another dog owner with an adorable husky puppy. Lola(my dog) had begun to chew on something that belonged to someone else, and before I could even do anything, the other owner gave smacked her, yes, smacked her on the muzzle. She then said: "Bad girl. No." It took all my willpower not to give the owner a smack on the muzzle. I proceeded to yank her hand off my dog. It wasn't even a light smack. She full on sent my 80 pound dog stumbling. I told her not to EVER touch my dog again. These people disgust me.

Moving on to my cat, Kaya is a 15-year-old American Shorthair, and she is not declawed. I hear from people all the time that I should declaw her, and it's dangerous to have a cat with claws. Excuse me? It's dangerous to have a cat with claws! CATS ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE CLAWS!! We live in a very rural place with 36 acres of forest, and we have coyotes and snakes. How else is Kaya supposed to protect herself? Once I tell them that I am not going to declaw her, they proceed to inch away from my cat and tell me to: "Keep her away from me. Any cat that has claws is dangerous." This happens more often than you think, by the way. GIRL, CATS ARE BORN WITH CLAWS! I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW KAYA NEVER SCRATCHES ANYONE! SHE WOULDN'T HURT A FLY! *seethes with anger* Let's just say at that moment I really hoped Kaya would scratch that woman.

Now, on to the horses. Don't even get me started. I own a thoroughbred mare named Allie, and one time someone was visiting and offered to buy her. I politely declined because she was not for sale. The person kept insisting that I sell her and offered to pay the huge amount of $1000(hint, I was being sarcastic. That is not huge. Some horses go for that much, but Allie is a very well trained purebred with a lot of earnings and excellent conformation.). I didn't care, I wasn't selling her. The person eventually realized I didn't want to sell her and began to say they were offering way more than she was worth, and that she wasn't even worth that much, she was just a horse. This is when I started getting mad. Let's just say that person left a little early.

Finally, we reach my silky goats. This one was just beyond ridiculous. Someone tried to steal them. Yes, steal them. I don't know who it was, but let's just say I called the cops on them.

DO NOT BE THESE PEOPLE. YOU ARE A NUISANCE FOR THE OWNER AND TRAUMATIZING FOR THE ANIMAL. (SEE MY SECTION ABOUT MY DOG) JUST, DON'T. DON'T JUDGE AS YOU DID WITH MY CAT, AN OWNER DOES WHAT WHAT WANT FOR THEIR ANIMAL. IF WE ASK FOR ADVICE, FEEL FREE TO HELP US. DON'T TAKE IT UPON YOURSELF TO CORRECT EVERYTHING WE DO. AS FOR THE HORSES, IF AN ANIMAL IS NOT FOR SALE, THEN IT IS NOT FOR SALE. AND LASTLY, I DIDN'T EVER THINK I'D HAVE TO SAY THIS, BUT DON'T EVER EVER TRY TO STEAL SOMEONE ELSE'S ANIMALS! WHY? WHY!
hello! my name's alice but you can call me
whatever you want, as long as it's kind <3
i go by she/her and i'm an engphys major
who's obsessed with astronomy. if we
share any interests lets be friends!

x▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬x▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬x ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬x ▬▬▬ ▬

❝ ❝
Never forget what you are. the rest of the world will not.
wear it like armour, and it can never be used to hurt you.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx❞ ❞
laufey, grentperez, mt. joy, chappell roan, doja cat,
coldplay, chase atlantic, falling in reverse, kiss of life
queen in the north.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Catsplat18 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:07 pm

✧ snowflake ✧ wrote:Boy, have I got a rant in store.

Let's start with my dog. As you may know, dogs respond best when there is one person telling them what to do. They can focus on the voice, and do what it says. I HATE when I have family or people over and my dog will jump on them or do something out of line. I will tell my dog to sit, or lie down. I DON'T need you freaking out and repeating those words like a parrot. It just confuses my dog. How can she listen to her owner telling her to sit, when at the same time someone else is squawking "Sit! Stay! Down! Get off! Bad girl!" It gets me so angry, and it just confuses my dog. I also hate it when people reprimand my dog. I get it if it's my sister or parents, but not total strangers. I was on a walk with her once back when we lived in the city, and I had paused to talk to another dog owner with an adorable husky puppy. Lola(my dog) had begun to chew on something that belonged to someone else, and before I could even do anything, the other owner gave smacked her, yes, smacked her on the muzzle. She then said: "Bad girl. No." It took all my willpower not to give the owner a smack on the muzzle. I proceeded to yank her hand off my dog. It wasn't even a light smack. She full on sent my 80 pound dog stumbling. I told her not to EVER touch my dog again. These people disgust me.

Moving on to my cat, Kaya is a 15-year-old American Shorthair, and she is not declawed. I hear from people all the time that I should declaw her, and it's dangerous to have a cat with claws. Excuse me? It's dangerous to have a cat with claws! CATS ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE CLAWS!! We live in a very rural place with 36 acres of forest, and we have coyotes and snakes. How else is Kaya supposed to protect herself? Once I tell them that I am not going to declaw her, they proceed to inch away from my cat and tell me to: "Keep her away from me. Any cat that has claws is dangerous." This happens more often than you think, by the way. GIRL, CATS ARE BORN WITH CLAWS! I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW KAYA NEVER SCRATCHES ANYONE! SHE WOULDN'T HURT A FLY! *seethes with anger* Let's just say at that moment I really hoped Kaya would scratch that woman.

Now, on to the horses. Don't even get me started. I own a thoroughbred mare named Allie, and one time someone was visiting and offered to buy her. I politely declined because she was not for sale. The person kept insisting that I sell her and offered to pay the huge amount of $1000(hint, I was being sarcastic. That is not huge. Some horses go for that much, but Allie is a very well trained purebred with a lot of earnings and excellent conformation.). I didn't care, I wasn't selling her. The person eventually realized I didn't want to sell her and began to say they were offering way more than she was worth, and that she wasn't even worth that much, she was just a horse. This is when I started getting mad. Let's just say that person left a little early.

Finally, we reach my silky goats. This one was just beyond ridiculous. Someone tried to steal them. Yes, steal them. I don't know who it was, but let's just say I called the cops on them.

DO NOT BE THESE PEOPLE. YOU ARE A NUISANCE FOR THE OWNER AND TRAUMATIZING FOR THE ANIMAL. (SEE MY SECTION ABOUT MY DOG) JUST, DON'T. DON'T JUDGE AS YOU DID WITH MY CAT, AN OWNER DOES WHAT WHAT WANT FOR THEIR ANIMAL. IF WE ASK FOR ADVICE, FEEL FREE TO HELP US. DON'T TAKE IT UPON YOURSELF TO CORRECT EVERYTHING WE DO. AS FOR THE HORSES, IF AN ANIMAL IS NOT FOR SALE, THEN IT IS NOT FOR SALE. AND LASTLY, I DIDN'T EVER THINK I'D HAVE TO SAY THIS, BUT DON'T EVER EVER TRY TO STEAL SOMEONE ELSE'S ANIMALS! WHY? WHY!

It sickens me to think that people actually expect pet cats to be declawed. Declawing a cat literally removes bones! If performed on a human being, declawing would be like cutting off each finger at the last knuckle. Yes, you should trim your cat's claws when they get too long, just as you'd trim your own nails, but why on earth would you declaw your cat?? It completely disrupts how they walk, as well.
reload to see a new adopt from
my uma storage xx

never forget
summer 2018
she/they|| bi/pan/queer
♥️ reptiles, birds, arthropods ♥️ my carrd ♥️
♥️ occasional adopts ♥️ my CS collection goals ♥️
Catsplat18

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mistfox » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:57 pm

Catsplat18 wrote:
✧ snowflake ✧ wrote:Boy, have I got a rant in store.

It sickens me to think that people actually expect pet cats to be declawed. Declawing a cat literally removes bones! If performed on a human being, declawing would be like cutting off each finger at the last knuckle. Yes, you should trim your cat's claws when they get too long, just as you'd trim your own nails, but why on earth would you declaw your cat?? It completely disrupts how they walk, as well.

Declawing is cruel, my outdoor cat Skippy would probably die if he was declawed, he can’t come inside because I have a four week old sister and Skippy might suffocate her, he can open doors so he has to stay outside and I live in a rural area with foxes and lots of stray cats and there is a farm as well
Image Image
Image Image Image
Mistfox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mistfox » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:09 pm

Ok so here we go....

I’m starting with Bella my golden pedigree cocker spaniel, she is a rather crazy dog and loves to jump at people, I’ve managed to teach her not to do it but guess what my cousin does? She goes and winds poor Bella up! Bella is bad enough when she isn’t wound up but when she is she nips, growls, howls, barks and overall does all the stuff I am trying to train her out of.

Next onto my granny’s shitzu Riley, she feeds him human food! It’s bad for dogs! And rewards him for whining! And doesn’t stop him from barking! He is a lot older than my dog who has received all the training she needs and Riley is only just past ‘come and sit’ and he can barely do that! It’s really making me turn against that dog.

My cat Skippy of an unknown breed (well I don’t know anyway), nothing to say just putting it out there that I own a cat.

My cousin’s poor animals, my cousin has a bichon frize named Lily, two goldfish named Bubbles and Fin and I really feel sorry for them, her mum won’t even help look after the fish and my cousin sometimes leaves them for DAYS without food and Lily isn’t even house trained, the poor thing is tortured, picked up constantly, when my dog Bella was only like a month old I was taking her for a walk with my mum, my cousin’s mum, my cousin and Lily, Lily spent the entire time before getting dressed up

That’s all for now
Mistfox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me