Annoying Things People Do To/With Your Pet(s)

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Annoying Things People Do To/With Your Pet(s)

Postby EresTheRat » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:31 pm

When apartments reject my application because I have a ferret, yet they allow cats and dogs under 100 lbs. I have nothing against dogs, but if you're going to allow them, at least allow my much smaller, much less potentially dangerous pet.

If you're not a homeowner, it seems almost impossible to have a ferret. And to top this all off, she's my ESA. But screw my mental health, right? Your inability to research this animal and your intent to remain ignorant towards it is more important that gaining a dependable tenant with a good paying, full time job and a great credit score and history.
Last edited by Nick on Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to remove swearword
EresTheRat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Requiem; » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:08 pm

Okay, so this is a big one for me. My dog is suuuuper attached to me. We literally have to give her medication to help with her separation anxiety because I work and such. But the biggest thing with her is she has to be near me. And yes, she'll hang out around other people when I'm around but when she's done she comes by me. That's her signal. What drives me absolutely crazy is when people just ignore that! I've had people hold her down as she's trying to get away, or pick her up and hold tight to her even when she's squirming. And then people get upset and claim I'm "hogging" her when she runs to me and I won't let people near her. She's a sweetheart who loves everyone, but she needs breaks!! Stop making my dog uncomfortable!

Theo | They/Them | Adult
Only active for art related things
🌈 Happy Pride 🌈
Find me on  !
Team Stardust -> Friendly fire welcome

xxxxxxzzx
Requiem;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Charlieluckytoby1 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:33 pm

Betta_Frida wrote:
When apartments reject my application because I have a ferret, yet they allow cats and dogs under 100 lbs. I have nothing against dogs, but if you're going to allow them, at least allow my much smaller, much less potentially dangerous pet.

If you're not a homeowner, it seems almost impossible to have a ferret. And to top this all off, she's my ESA. But screw my mental health, right? Your inability to research this animal and your intent to remain ignorant towards it is more important that gaining a dependable tenant with a good paying, full time job and a great credit score and history.

They can do that? I thought they were not allowed to deny someones emotional support animal
Charlieluckytoby1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gemini_girl » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:30 am

Charlieluckytoby1 wrote:
Betta_Frida wrote:

They can do that? I thought they were not allowed to deny someones emotional support animal

Depends on the state etc. Some places only allow cats and dogs as esa animals. Some places can turn them down. I know Canada doesn't recognize esa.
gemini_girl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blueberry.pie~ » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:49 am

My dog named Clyde, he is a boxer mix. We got him from a rescue, we fostered him for about a year before my family decided to keep him. Anyways, he ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS is in my room looking out my window or laying on the floor. I think he was a guard dog, before he came to the rescue. He is always barking outside when he sees another dog, a person, ect. but we always try to correct him. He's just like that. He's also pretty bad on walks, but none the less, we still love him because he's our doggo. And everyone loves their pets, no matter what.

Anyways, a story for you.

About 3 days ago he was barking out the window like usual, he was barking at this little dog walking by. I was in my room, so I looked out the window and I saw this lady just standing their with her dog. Her dog began to bark, and she didn't stop it from doing so. I was trying to pull him away from the window, as the lady was just making him bark even more. Just, standing their on the sidewalk peeking into my room with Clyde. The lady pointed at him and nodded her head. Like, what does that mean lady?? That's just rude in the first place to 1. STOP when you're walking because you see that a dog is barking, and bothered by your dog's presents. 2. Let your dog bark all it wants without even caring, nor trying to stop it, and 3. Stand there, do nothing, and then point and nod your head while I'm at the window trying to stop my dog from barking? WHAT? Anyways, I got Clyde out of my room and shut the door. He can open my door, so he jumps on the handle and pushes it open, so that's what he did when I shut that door. The lady goes back, but she's on the other side of my neighborhood's street now. Again, just stands their and lets her dog bark. I looked out, and saw her..again...Why? She turned her head right as she noticed I was there, and started walking..again.
xxx
--◆--
Poem Book
---

Signature Shop
---

Trade Thread
---

Flight Rising
---

Plush Dinosaurs
---

The Flower Patch
---

INACTIVE
--◆--
blueberry.pie~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Endlessechoes » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:04 pm

Oof this was actuall something that happened today!

My friend has a boxer named Bentley and.. granted she’s not very well trained, but we decided to take her on a walk! We live in a super small town and decided to go to the park, and while we were walking these two white dogs starting barking and running at her. Now, this isn’t my dog but I’m still going to protect her, so I was trying to get the both of them away from her because she’s defensive, she’ll protect herself and her owner. They got into a fight but thank god it wasn’t bad. Bentley slipped out of her collar and they fought into the other dogs’ yard. We eventually got them to leave her alone and got the collar on and the owner came out yelling at his dogs. We said sorry and began to head back home. My issue was, if you know your dog is defensive, or will run up to and attack other dogs, why would you leave them outside unsupervised with no fence near a park? I understand the dogs’ behavior because I assume they were just being territorial of their household, but what made me angry was they had no fence, weren’t tied up, and they tried to attack my friend’s dog. The owners had to have known the dogs were like that because my friend told me she’d seen them out before. My problem is people who aren’t fully prepared for dogs and the responsibilities that come with them. I don’t blame the dogs whatsoever- just the owners. Take your dogs on walks instead of throwing them outside in a public area- be prepared for the responsibilities that come with owning a real, living breathing animal! Dogs aren’t always super sweet and shy, you have to be prepared for whatever dog you get. This applies to all animals as well. This was messily put together because it’s like 1 in the morning and I’m tired, but thanks for listening! <3

echo | she/her | ily
TOEW | stars | 🍃 |
adhd consumes me daily
send me a trade or else i kiss u
Endlessechoes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SpencerReidsWife » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:23 am

It annoys me when my friends come over and they just take my parrot out of her cage without asking or like I’ll be in a separate room and they will take her out and she’ll bite them because she is scared and they will like throw her across the room and just UGHHH and if they let her out without asking their excuse will be “oh she escaped” but she’s never escaped her cage before
hi! please trade with me <3
Image Image
Image Image Image
SpencerReidsWife

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EresTheRat » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:33 pm

Not really my pets but since I work at pet-schmo, they're temporarily in my care.

When people come in and buy fish and a tank and supplies for the fish on the same day. Nooooo honey, that's not how that works. The nitrogen cycle, aka cycling your tank, is incredibly important to the health and well being of your fish. PLEASE always do your own research before you make the choice to take responsibility for the life of an animal.
EresTheRat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Comrade » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:24 am

I work in retail. It annoys me so much when people wheel their dog in with a stroller or baby carrier like its a toddler.
But this experience took the CAKE:
An older woman (65+) came in with her yorkie and they looked around for 10minutes, and suddenly the yorkie has an "accident" on the floor. Gross doggie poo. I bring the mop around and 3 rolls of paper towels. The owner doesnt say sorry or anything, until another customer spoke up: "Why didnt you clean it up lady? Your dog did it!". She replies with "So? My dog goes where she goes".

SHE NEVER HOUSETRAINED HER DOG!! Her excuse was, "theyre animals they go where they want, and I dont care what other people think! its MY dog!". Ugh that bothered me.

~ ☾ - she/her - usa - INFP - ☽ ~

~ During the school year I am slow replying to PMs and trades ~
Comrade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Catsplat18 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:14 am

PickleTheBird wrote:It annoys me when my friends come over and they just take my parrot out of her cage without asking or like I’ll be in a separate room and they will take her out and she’ll bite them because she is scared and they will like throw her across the room and just UGHHH and if they let her out without asking their excuse will be “oh she escaped” but she’s never escaped her cage before

Omg, I know what you're talking about! I adopted a green-cheeked conure from an animal shelter; when he came to the shelter his entire tail was missing, and his wings were clipped in a really wrong way (all jaggedy, the wrong feathers cut in the wrong places, in some places right up to his freaking skin! [Like what the heck?? You're just supposed to cut the primary flight feathers, and his primary coverts were clipped, too!!! UGH!!] - but anyway, this means he was probably abused in his previous home, or at least owned by complete idiots who did NO research before getting such a demanding animal as a pet.

So, he has some issues. Like most rescued animals do.

He is rather clingy to me, which makes sense since green-cheeked conures often only bond to one person, but friends/guests/visitors DON'T understand this. No, he doesn't want some complete stranger to pick him up! Yes, of course he's going to bite!! I always warn people ahead of time - "DON'T pick up Kiwi, he doesn't like strangers" - I come back after leaving the room for 2 seconds and Kiwi is on the other side of the room, with the person angry and rubbing their bitten finger/hand. Then, they get mad at ME because Kiwi is scared of them and bit them?? Even though THEY just THREW MY PARROT ACROSS THE ROOM?! Like, seriously?!

But now, Kiwi is flighted, so if he gets thrown he will fly out of the room and come find me. One time this happened, and then the friend who had picked him up even though I told them not to, got bitten (rightly so!!), and flung him off, came to find me, saw Kiwi flying toward me, and THEN they CALLED ME A SHOW-OFF!! Like, WHAT???!!! My parrot is literally flying in terror towards me because I am the only one he trusts after you just flung him across the room!! How is that showing off???

But basically I totally understand what you're saying.
reload to see a new adopt from
my uma storage xx

never forget
summer 2018
she/they|| bi/pan/queer
♥️ reptiles, birds, arthropods ♥️ my carrd ♥️
♥️ occasional adopts ♥️ my CS collection goals ♥️
Catsplat18

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery