Lf Elderly Pets' names and story for a hoard

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Lf Elderly Pets' names and story for a hoard

Postby averys » Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:51 am

late response, but I’ve added all the names up to this point!

Catsplat18 wrote:This is Kitty (creative name, I know). I rescued him when I was in second grade, and he was about five months old. I have now graduated high school, so he's getting old. He almost died from a urinary tract infection and we spent $6k to save him. Now his only health problem, that we know of, is arthritis. He can't run and jump like he used to, but he's happy. He is the most beautiful cat to ever have been found lost in the cold, beneath a car, starving and covered in fleas next to his siblings, if I do say so myself. But you'd never guess he was born wild; he's the most polite cat I have ever known. Kitty never scratches or wakes us up in the middle of the night. All he does is follow us around sweetly, snuggle in our beds, and demand belly rubs, plopping down on our feet and holding us captive for half an hour, until our arms are aching from petting him for so long. Perhaps not so polite after all.
Image Image Image

this story hit really close because in the time that i posted this, frankie (the black cat pictured in the original post) was living under the care of my father who didn’t treat him very well. i ended up moving him to my mothers house where his health declined until we brought him to an emergency vet and learned he was in acute renal failure. they expected him to die within a month as do most cats that were in his state but it’s now been about three months since then and, after over 3k in vet bills, he is doing very well! his kidneys will never be perfect again but hes much happier and healthier than he was before. and the little cherry on top is that my mother, who didn’t want this cat, loves him so much. they have a morning routine where she gives both her and our dog Gracie treats ❤️. it was a lot of money not to mention he has to go back every two weeks for a shot but it was definitely worth it to see him happier. i have to update my original post as my pets have aged since then but this forum has grown to be wonderful. I’ve learned a lot more about mantises then I thought I’d ever learn 🫶
cat pics (rotating) ↑

averys ★

i use she/her pronouns, and
i am a lesbian! im also a leo, an isfp,
and a twin (fraternal)! ive been very
busy irl with my retail job, school, and
occupational therapy focused on helping
my weak hands. unfortunately, this means
my activity on this site is very sporadic.
averys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me