Kite's Writing Competitions (Contest 3 Open!)

Find a competition to enter your artwork in, or create an art competition for others!
Forum rules
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Re: Kite's Writing Competitions (Contest 3 Open!)

Postby BlueEyedKite » Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:43 am

Skyweaver wrote:Would I be able to use two prompts? Like, using the abandoned house picture but also using a bittersweet valentine's day story too?

Yes c: that is perfectly fine! As long as it's a prompt available for the contest, mix and match however it suits you.
Characters.Toyhouse. Dreamwalkers.Image
ImageWriting Contest >> Here<<
avatar by shalusky MM stamp by hellevi
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arcadia. » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:52 am

mark!!
    using either prompt 1/2 and photo two!
arcadia.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueEyedKite » Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:04 am

One week left c: hope everyone is having a great day!
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby skrundle » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:20 pm

I am entering!

Username:
    Skrundle

Main character reference:
    Eir - male, sandy blond hair, freckles, toned build
    Fenn - male, black hair, hazel eyes, slender frame
    Invar - male, brutish old magician, muscular build, long stringy dark hair and cruel face

Prompt number (if 4, also give photo letter/s):
    Prompt #4, photos A, B, and D

Word count (must be 500 words or more):

Are you using someone else's OCs in your story? (If yes, link permission):
    No

Writing entry:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pK3 ... sp=sharing
Last edited by skrundle on Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
jo | she/her | INFP

autistic adult, west coast USA
musician - flutist & pianist
i love cats, digital art, and miku
don't be shy! i don't bite ♥︎

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

skrundle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueEyedKite » Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:58 am

Announcement!!

It's been privately requested that my contest be extended. The new contest end date is Feb 7th at rollover
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TaffyYellow » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:41 am

I am entering!

Username: TaffyYellow

Main character reference: https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=105&t=4934975#p144492107 (also there's one other main character, his name is Leo, he has dirty blond hair and has a similar style to Felix)

Main character storage page (optional):

Prompt number (if 4, also give photo letter/s): prompt 2, prompt 4 photo A

Word count (must be 500 words or more): 916

Are you using someone else's OCs in your story? (If yes, link permission): no

Writing entry: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jbM9VEWkA74nvmRLwNo3TuNZ6ZCUabMLJcae04vOlSg/edit?usp=sharing
TaffyYellow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby daybreak. » Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:35 am

I am entering!

Username: daybreak.

Main character reference & storage page:
In the story, she is 9 years old
art by cloudmallow

Prompt number: 2

Word count: 630

Are you using someone else's OCs in your story?: no c:

Writing entry:
About half a dozen earthworms wriggled in discomfort in the damp soil at the sudden exposure to the crisp morning air.

“I just don’t get it.”

Eden plucked the worms from the ground and stowed them in a small linen bag. She pulled two strings to shut it and hung it from her belt. Her brother kicked a pebble into a tree.

“Well… it’s complicated, Ed. You’ll understand when you’re older.”

The sound of babbling grew louder as they trekked towards the river.

“It’s only a couple of months till my birth”—Eden launched herself off a mossy rock—“day.” She landed on both feet atop a pile of leaves and looked over her shoulder. Talion’s gaze was locked on the ground. “You know, mom’s older and she didn’t seem to get it either,” she prodded.

Her brother’s gaze lifted to meet hers. His frown deepened.

“Mom’s been a little distracted lately. And I’m just looking out for us, Ed. Someone has to.”

They came upon the shore of the gentle, chatty river. Eden chose a large boulder to sit on and produced one of the wriggling earthworms from her linen pouch.

“We look out for each other, right?”

Talion hooked the worm on the end of his fishing line and cast it into the lazy current.

“Well, yeah, but you’re little. I gotta look out for you more because I’m older.”

Eden watched a bunch of tiny mayflies flit around her brother’s head as he focused on the water. She sighed quietly. Further downriver, she watched a frog lounge on a patch of soil, its skin glistening against the sunlight, its throat falling and rising rapidly, in time with its breathing. The frog leapt from the shore and into the water. A robin whistled a cheerful tune from someplace out of sight.

“Maybe I can look out for Crane and Fletcher because I’m older. And maybe if Lenore keeps helping with the garden, mom’ll be less distracted.”

Talion scoffed. The fishing line tensed.

“It’s not”—Talion pulled on the line —“the same, Ed.” He eased his grip, changed the direction of the pull. “We’re family.”

The trout leapt. Talion loosened his pull on the line till the fish was back under the water, then he pulled again, drawing it closer and closer to the shore. Eden approached the shore. Talion lifted the trout out of the water, thrashing uselessly against the air. Eden grabbed and stilled it, using both hands. Talion unhooked it from the line, and Eden walked back to the boulder she had sat on, setting the fish down against its smooth, cool surface.

“Well, but that’s what I don’t get because they could be family too, and then I wouldn’t have to be the youngest kid. Besides,” Eden drew her knife and cut down like her dad had taught her when she was younger. “I think dad would’ve wanted mom to be happy, Tal. She seems happier, now, sometimes.”

Talion tensed like the fishing line.

“Do you even remember what dad was like, Eden?”

Eden fished another earthworms from her linen pouch. Despite her, her eyes began to draw water.

“Of course I do, I…”

Her brother’s face softened immediately.

“I’m sorry, Ed. I shouldn’t have… listen, I’m really sorry, okay? But I don’t want to talk about this anymore. Hey, are you okay?”

Eden drew a steadying breath, then nodded. She lifted the wriggling earthworm up for Talion.

He took it with one hand, and put the other hand on top of her head, then leaned down so that their eyes were level.

“I’m sorry you feel kinda caught in the middle, Ed, but it’s not your job to work everyone’s problem’s out for them, okay? Mom and I… we’ll work things out, okay?”

“Okay.”

right before the dealine! sorry, lol, guess who spent most of their time "writing" this looking at fishing videos. almost changed this to fly fishing instead, but then i would've had to get rid of the earthworm at the start, and i didn't want to. hopefully it's clear who's talking when!
Last edited by daybreak. on Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
daybreak.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rabbitheart » Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:33 am

I am entering!

Username: Rabbitheart

Main characters reference:

Amanda Lynn Sonata

Toothless Sonata

Main characters storage page (optional):

https://toyhou.se/729369.amanda-lynn-sonata

https://toyhou.se/729052.toothless-sonata

Prompt number (if 4, also give photo letter/s): 4; pics A, B, D

Word count (must be 500 words or more): Currently 1,441 words

Are you using someone else's OCs in your story? (If yes, link permission): Yes, but no? They’re NPCs for the species, so permissions aren’t needed.
G’ma: https://www.kiamaras.com/character/NPC-0005
And Dregonians are a species of pet, so here’s the additional info for them: https://www.kiamaras.com/almanac/faunae/13

Writing entry:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DYv_GUZ0QXnCnLcysIXiX_0eQczACrmEJ0qgAME0Hz4/edit

I want to be completely up front and honest, I did end up working on my entry after the cut-off. Please feel free to disqualify me! This was never about prizes for me anyway, I just wanted an excuse to write ❤️
School really got in my way for this entry, despite ditching an optional class yesterday to try to get more time for my entry xD
Anyway, I wanted to try to complete my entry just so you had a fun story that you could read without having to worry about weighing it against other entries! I hope you enjoy!

Sig art by Rexodus-Reloaded
Lyrics from "Wonderland" by Taylor Swift

Rabbitheart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me