winners announced!

Find a competition to enter your artwork in, or create an art competition for others!
Forum rules
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Re: art comp! 3200c$, store pets, vrs and more in prizes!

Postby kiro,, » Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:19 pm

kivr & fireflii wrote:
hi hi! I wasnt sure if this ended end of the day june 1st/what timezone!

I’m almost done with my work but not quite yet… if still able, a few day extension would be greatly appreciated, but I understand if that isn’t possible! Thank you

if you’re able to submit it by rollover on the 5th im happy to allow an extension ^^ turns out i have work over the next two days so i wont be able to judge until then anyway

if anyone else wants to submit in that timeframe theyre welcome to!
they/them
-------
aussie/awst
-------
cat parent
-------
<3
Image imagination Image

......Image
Image imagination Image
kiro,,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kurloz-Makara » Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:28 am

marking
────────────────────

₊˚ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐄𝐍 𝐒𝐘𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐌 ˚₊

✦ Shiloh (he/it)

adult user, college student
    ♥ dating my
    sweetheart!

────────────────────
Kurloz-Makara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kivr & fireflii » Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:48 am

Hi! Just wanted to let you know my account partner (kivr) who is doing art for your contest just left for South Korea (~17hr travel). Not sure how close she is to done/if she’ll finish on plane or when she’ll be able to post it. She might need one more day extension so she can get somewhere with wifi after she lands to post. I tried asking her to send whatever she had to me, but she’s already in air. 🥲
-fireflii
kivr centers | fireflii signs
kivr & fireflii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kurloz-Makara » Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:21 am

here is my entry!

Sorry it is so last minute but I saw you were accepting entries until rollover
────────────────────

₊˚ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐄𝐍 𝐒𝐘𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐌 ˚₊

✦ Shiloh (he/it)

adult user, college student
    ♥ dating my
    sweetheart!

────────────────────
Kurloz-Makara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiro,, » Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:16 am

kivr & fireflii wrote:Hi! Just wanted to let you know my account partner (kivr) who is doing art for your contest just left for South Korea (~17hr travel). Not sure how close she is to done/if she’ll finish on plane or when she’ll be able to post it. She might need one more day extension so she can get somewhere with wifi after she lands to post. I tried asking her to send whatever she had to me, but she’s already in air. 🥲
-fireflii

she can still submit and receive a participation prize, but unfortunately since its past both deadlines she wouldnt go into the running for the main prize pool. sorry, i just dont want it to be unfair on those who submitted on time. hope you understand :(
they/them
-------
aussie/awst
-------
cat parent
-------
<3
Image imagination Image

......Image
Image imagination Image
kiro,,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kivr & fireflii » Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:18 am

It’s fine! ’m not sure if she’s even there yet. 😅 She might have assumed you meant rollover after the 5th (so end of day), but I’ll let her know.
-fireflii
kivr centers | fireflii signs
kivr & fireflii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiro,, » Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:18 am

just a quick update! i will be getting around to judging asap, there were quite a few entries i really liked so its been hard to make decisions imbetween my irl schedule! i think i need to sit down and think about it once ive got some free time, which may hopefully happen tomorrow if i can finish up a few tasks. i hope you guys understand, and a big thank you to everyone for their patience <3
they/them
-------
aussie/awst
-------
cat parent
-------
<3
Image imagination Image

......Image
Image imagination Image
kiro,,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: winners announced!

Postby kiro,, » Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:26 pm

apologies for the wait everyone, i want to preface this with a couple of things quickly.

first of all, i have tweaked the prizes ever so slightly! i have added extra pets to the second and third place prizes, as well as adding to the participation prize group and creating a little rare bundle as ive decided to add a 'runner up' place! the runner up is someone who unfortunately didnt make top three, but whose piece i liked a little more than my 'honourable mentions'. nothing has been removed from any of the prize groups :)

secondly, i just wanted to thank everyone, yet again, for all their amazing entries. i know everyone put a lot of time and effort into their pieces, and i didnt expect it to be so hard to choose winners! even if you didnt place, please know i still appreciate all of you and your art. youre all amazing <3

now with that out of the way, onto the winners..

1st place

congratulations to.. itscarnivorous!!
i cant even begin to explain how much i love this piece, you portrayed their personality perfectly even with how little info i provided. everything looks so clean, the shading is really well done, and i adore all the little details you added like the shadow, highlights, grass between the pavement, and even the crushed monster can. the skateboard design is simple but awesome as well! while less technical, something about your entry kinda just pulled me in and made me really happy, dont know what, dont know why, but it did and thats why you win first place :)

2nd place

congratulations to.. plunch!!
everytime i look at this piece i just find more and more detail, its absolutely insane! you can see the texture of practically every element, from the utility posts to the skateboard deck to the concrete. its by far the most dynamic entry which the perspective, motion lines and foreground/background depth really add to, it genuinely feels like a still from an anime. i love how you draw eyes, the stylised shoes are awesome, and the chromatic details were a really nice touch!

3rd place

congratulations to.. Nocemostaka!!
i just want to start this off by saying it was incredibly difficult to choose between you and plunchs entry for second place, to the point i didnt choose and had to get someone else to decide because i was stuck on it for days- point is i really really really loved your submission lmao. it feels so dreamy, calming and happy. everything is so detailed, especially the clouds and all the little plants, and your shading really makes the character stand out! your whole style is just super comforting :)

runner up

congratulations to.. plusetic!!
i seriously adore your style, and chip looks SO cute! both the plush and character just look so soft and huggable! your entry was one of my favourites, so i created a little 'runner up' place because why not ^^

honourable mentions

everyone below gets to choose their prize from the participation group! these are the entries i thought deserved some recognition just as much as the above <3 i'll send you guys a dm as well to be sure you see this, once the HMs have claimed their prizes i'll send out everyone elses participation prize

moomooaulait - x
ELLISECTOMY - x
Kurloz-Makara - x
kiro,,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me