24hr story competition (vr prize)

Find a competition to enter your artwork in, or create an art competition for others!
Forum rules
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Postby Skyhawk » Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:05 am

Closed - winner: starlord .

choose one photo below and come up with a short story...you have 24 hours!

prize:

Pet's name: 2008 advent list (tier 7)

OR

Pet's name: Advent List Pet - 2009 - Tier 7

1. Image
2. Image
3. Image
4. Image

Last edited by Skyhawk on Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skyhawk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 24hr story competition (vr prize)

Postby eaneul » Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:48 pm

The prairies were endless and free. It's where many flacons take their hatchlings to learn to fully fledge their wings and fly. The prairie was buzzing with life; the grass rustling with mice, the faintest shriek of an eagle, and crickets hopping within the bushes. Today, a family of prairie falcons had gathered at the outskirts of the woods to watch their surviving youngling to catch his first meal without them. He waited on the branch beside them, with eager eyes and anticipating the warm and tender bite from his kill. He dove off the branch of the trees and flew into the prairie. He scanned below and listened for the noise that mice may make. When suddenly, much to his delight, he heard a small squeak in the grass. He honed in on that smallest of sounds and raced downward at dashing speeds with his talons stretched. The mouse turned around and made a terrified noise and began to run, but alas it was too late. The young falcon's claws gripped the small mouse and it was lifted into the air to be a delicious meal. Once the falcon had flown back into the trees he settled next to his proud family to enjoy the first of his prey he had caught himself.

(Idk, I'm not really a writer, but I tried!) Thank you for the chance
eaneul

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gregory<3 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:50 pm

There are no Dinosaurs in the water

There I was, back on the streets floor again. My body as heavy as gold, by emotion closer to bronze. Beaten down by the men I once called brothers, family, friends... I wait there for a while more.... The sound of shoes on wet brick stone lulls me to sleep, like a little lullaby. Pitter patter, pitter patter, the rain adds to the melody. the pain in my arms slowly fades to nothing...
My head is warm, and fuzzy
they really got me this time.

A wake to a very loud silents. No one is left to sing me to sleep with their footsteps, as well as the rain has decided to leave me here in my lonesome.

I pick myself up and stare into the ink like pool of water before me. I have always hated the water at night as a kid. If squint the water still looks like tar. And if let my mind wonder I could still see the dinosaurs I saw struggling in the water long ago. But I am no longer a kid. and the water is not tar, only the city light make it looks like so. And the saddest of all the dinosaurs in the water are only rocks.

Think about the past is never too good, my mind quickly goes to the reason why I am and here. My greed, my poverty, my mistake.
I should have never stolen their money, now things will never be the same, they will never trust me again.

I quickly look back to the tar and sinking reptilians. It's such a drag to think about it. The water looks nicer maybe even warm now, calming. The light waves like a blanket ready to cover me. Oh man I must have hit my head hard.

I am thinking about it too much, the lake longs for me I stand on the edge of the bridge and allow myself to lose balance and fall in.

IT WAS NOT WARM

The cold liquid thrashes all the cuts and burses! I Flounder and Splash! It was not long on till I was sinking into the waters.
As a sink and my body starts to numb the pain fades away along with all my worries. I feel lighter and painless. My body starts to rise, I am floating on my back I feel the closest I've ever been to flight. As if I am a fluffy cloud, the chilling water now pleasurable. Ignoring the dreadful city, I gaze up at the stars. Hi, starring oh with the innocence of a child no thoughts corrupt my brain. No more noise. silence. "I don't need to stay here" I utter out the words. There are night sky's in other towns. I needed this moment to myself.

I swim back to the bridge. As I left the waters not all of me came out. I guess it's really is tar! it is only tar to the reptile brain that keeps me in this city. I look back to the water and squint to see the part of me that is still drowning. As I turn away, I leave that part of me forever.
Goodbye Dinosaurs

(I apologize for any grammar mistakes or misspellings I am dyslexic)
Gregory<3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Loonsong » Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:07 pm

Bright lights reflected over the smooth water. Paddle in hand, I directed my boat to shore. But I was not headed towards the city. Although its light were colorful and indicated society (and my last chance to return to it), I knew what I had to do. I had been chosen for a reason, and I wasn't going to quit now. I row as hard as I can, my arms feeling as if they are about to fall off as my paddle breaks through the surface of the water, pulling me forwards. The night air chills my spine, and I start to regret my decision. Its dark out, apart from the shimmering lights that dance across the small waves. The island is but a shadow cast upon the ocean; a ripple in the endless waters. As I row onwards, even the city lights start to fade. Darkness folds around me like a cloak, reaching forwards and pulling me down into it. Soon, there is no light at all. The cloudy sky prevents the moon from shining, and releases a heavy rain and strong winds. The waves grow bigger the farther I go, threatening to throw me overboard as droplets of water splash my face. There is nothing in my small wooden boat, other than a small dagger that my master had given me. All other sounds are drowned out by the deafening roar of the sea, and I try not to think of what lurks beneath the waves. They quickly grow bigger, and rock my boat violently. Suddenly, I am jerked to the side and thrown into the sea. I'm greeted by frigid waters that chill me to the bone. did you really think you were going to get away with this? the voice echoes in my head. all others failed, what makes you think you're any different? The voice is coming from the sea itself. I can hear its whispers as it drags me down. i failed, I think as my eyes slowly shut and my lungs begin to burn. I sink farther into the sea as death pulls me under.
Loonsong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Star-Lord » Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:09 pm

se·ren·i·ty
/səˈrenədē/
noun. the state of being calm, peaceful, and untroubled.

A few years had passed after the land I had lived on was taken from me— from everyone I knew. Thoughts circled within my mind of how it felt like back then. I scarcely remember the feeling of the burning air from the houses around me, and the smell of the ashes that dissipated into the air. There were remnant memories of crying children and worried parents that held onto their children’s warm hands. The memory only continued to fade. I was in a new place, with unfamiliar people, and I had no one.

I need a place to go, just to settle down for a while, take my mind away from the worries that were clouded with the distant memories. I was to only be outside in the cold weather for a little while, darkness surrounding the streets that usually remained bustling in the early mornings. These streets were always crowded that time of day, not an hour when the sun was out was it ever to be quiet. However, as the cool air had hit my face, the sky dull and gloomy, I noticed there was no one.

It was quite peaceful, I thought to myself as I followed down a stony path, leading down to the greenest grass. I took a moment to glance around, gazing out into the vast waters in front of me. I didn’t expect much, but once I gazed upwards, the brightest lights had begun to lighten up the sky that was once dark. They had reminded me of fireflies, fluttering up into the air to guide the boats that cruised the calm waters. There were only a few boats that had one or two passengers on them, I only assumed they came out to do as I did; to think.

I wasn’t on no boat, but I found that the lights were guiding me as I moved forward into the center of the large patch of grass that I walked on. I took the time to stop in my tracks, my tired eyes fluttering shut, the cool breeze hitting my pale face as it did in the beginning. This gave me the time to push away my unnecessary thoughts, my mind was now beginning to clear. I took a quiet breath, before exhaling out into the chilly air. I suddenly found that the worries that I had in my mind were no more, “Maybe I should stay awhile.” I had thought to myself, opening my eyes back up to gaze up into the now illuminated sky.
Last edited by Star-Lord on Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Star-Lord

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby XxvPARANORMAvxX » Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:38 pm

Barbara sat in her rocking chair and rocked. The wind ruffled at her silver matted hair that hadn't been washed for ages. Her small, delicate hands seemed to indent the arms of her rocking chair, its wood splintering into nothing. Barbara had lost the ability to talk, for she had no one to talk to for twenty years. The rest of humankind had killed itself, pollution, salutations, and faculties.

She was separated from them, living as if homeless, she decided to live in Tanzania, a place she had called home for many generations. She learned to not disturb animal-kind by peacefully setting up farming systems. This was the only place where there even was breathable air, for all the trees were chopped down. After that, the animals had no homes and died. The whole ecosystem began to slowly degrade, and pollution covered the earth's once beautiful land.

Barbara now felt peace though; no more humans to tear away the sky and rip the teeth into the land they 'claim.' She now could sit in her rocking chair, and wait. There was nothing left in the world to do, and she was old now, bags hinged under her eyes, wrinkles plastered against her rotting-like body, and her legs too shattered and old for her to Try

She closed her eyes and stopped rocking. What a beautiful last day it was, to sit, and feel like nothing could get in the way. She took a deep breath before she too succumbed to the choking execution that comes for everyone; death.
?? - PaRAnORMA - ??
Hello there. You might know me. That is all.

XxvPARANORMAvxX

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skyhawk » Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:12 pm

Bump :)
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
──── 𝘥𝘰𝘯’𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘳𝘶𝘯 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘴, 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳
𝙗𝙚𝙘𝙖𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙖𝙬𝙣 𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙗𝙚𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙪𝙣
𝙧𝙞𝙨𝙚𝙨 𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙖𝙧𝙠𝙚𝙨𝙩
───────────────────────
xx

iii
ix- 𝘣𝘵𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘹𝘵 𝘧𝘢𝘯
- 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘳𝘵, 𝘮𝘶𝘴𝘪𝘤 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘧𝘪𝘭𝘮𝘴
- 𝘮𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘢𝘨𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘰𝘱𝘦𝘯
- 𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦

ix
𝘸𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯
𝘧𝘳𝘦𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘵𝘴
𝘥𝘳𝘢𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘨

[color=transparent]ix

Skyhawk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NARKOTIKA » Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:15 pm

Removing as I may like to use the bones of this story at another point!
Thank you so much for the opportunity! Congrats to the winner!
Last edited by NARKOTIKA on Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
𝕹𝖔 𝕸𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖓𝖊𝖗𝖘. 𝕹𝖔 𝕱𝖚𝖓𝖊𝖗𝖆𝖑𝖘.

NARKOTIKA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skyhawk » Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:08 am

bump :)