Chrysalism’s Giveaway - UR Tiger - Winner announced

Find a competition to enter your artwork in, or create an art competition for others!
Forum rules
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Chrysalism’s Giveaway - UR Tiger - Winner announced

Postby Guest » Wed May 02, 2018 4:40 am

Winner: tenor

Please advertise this giveaway! Put it in your signature & spread the word! <3

Hello! I'm currently quitting CS! Between AP classes and maintaining a social life, I hardly have time for this site. Here is where I will be hosting a giveaway for the famed UR Tiger, one of my favorite pets on this site. I am glad to have been lucky enough to own one, and now I feel like I must pass on this lovely girl to someone deserving! You can find the rules for the giveaway below, but in this paragraph I'm just going to be typing a little about my experience on this site. I joined a couple of years ago, and although I've run into quite a few rude people, the nice people here make up for it. I met one of my best (internet) friends here after she replied to a post on a rant thread, I don't remember what it was called. But she told me that we shared many interests, and even though she's all but quit CS, we still talk off of the site! Even if you don't win the pet, just know that the pets aren't everything in the game - its the friends you make along the way, especially if you meet ones that brighten up your day so much. So, yeah, I guess that's a little advice.

Rules:
And now, the part you've all been waiting for: the rules and entry requirements! This won't be too complicated, I hope. I'm allowing quite a bit of freedom with your entry. All you have to do is fill out a form telling me why you want it, what makes you think you deserve it, etc. Please avoid any vague answers like "I'll trade it to a good person," because I know I'm going to get hundreds of responses like that. Make yours unique and truthful, and you'll have a higher chance of winning. I will be the ONLY one rating your forms, so be patient when it comes to judging!

What needs to be included:
Regardless of how you lay out your form, it must have a few simple answers! If you do not have all of these answers, you will immediately be disqualified!
Code: Select all
Why do you want the pet?
Why do you deserve the pet?
Did you link a friend to the contest? (Not necessary but I'd love if you did!)
Include a few fun facts about yourself!
Link me to a funny video (Come on, judging gets boring!)

Other rules:
- You may get other users to do your coding for the form, only with their permission to use it in the contest. The same goes with art of the Tiger. Your writing, however, MUST be your own. No exceptions!
- No rudeness will be tolerated here. I expect a nice, friendly environment.
- Please feel free to bump this thread! Just don’t spam it, it’ll make the mods job a pain. You may post for entries and questions, although I may not see them all, so feel free to shoot a PM!

Bonuses
I've included a few bonuses to give you some extra points in the contest! Of course, someone without these bonuses may win if their entry is phenomenal, but overall, its a good idea to include these! They allow me to see a bit about you beyond the regular form, and give me a glimpse of your overall personality.
- References to the 100, harry potter, LoTR, rainbow six siege, skyrim, or csgo, just to make the judging more fun. I'm more likely to remember your form positively if you make it interesting to me!
- Additional categories! It shows me you put in effort.
- Coding/prettying up the form! Same as above.
- Using humor, you don't have to be super serious!

*Please note that specific rules, suggestions, and the overall look of this post is subject to change as I periodically pretty it up.
Last edited by Guest on Sun May 27, 2018 5:25 am, edited 12 times in total.

Re: Chrysalism’s Giveaway - UR Tiger

Postby Guest » Tue May 08, 2018 1:06 pm

First ever bumpity bump!

Postby CloudedDiamond » Tue May 08, 2018 1:22 pm

Why I want the pet: I want the pet because I've never had a UR and I've played CS for a while now and I have won 2 other giveaways and am grateful for that. CS can use better people, but I add on the numbers of nice.

Why I deserve the pet:

-I love the community, love the art, everything
- I'm (hopefully) first post
- I know the pet will get a good home
- I always try my best on CS to be nice (worked well so far)
- I have never ranted about someone, been a bully, anything.

Fun Facts:
-I found my fav game (FR) through here
- I play one too many games
- On the time I've played CS, I've ran into only one not nice person (a world record!)
- I can't draw (I can just about draw paws x.x)
- I love roaming the forums for giveaways

Funny Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuMQlAYcB2g (Young'uns trying lemon)

Diamond | she/they/xe/ae | Aroace | EST

[TH] | [DA] | [FR] | [ArtFight]
[Commissions - Open] | [Stars]

[VOK] | [ToET] | [SparrowClan] | [The Flower Garden]
[Gentle Paws] | [The Lost River] | [CAC]
CloudedDiamond

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Wed May 09, 2018 1:05 am

Bump

Postby ikari shinji » Wed May 09, 2018 1:07 am

Marked for later <3
my name is srel hi, im a clinically insane autidhd bpder
special interests include genshin, hsr, evangelion, higurashi, prsk
interact with me ols i promise i am interesting, my discord user is srellous
my trade thread my art thread
ikari shinji

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ikari shinji » Wed May 09, 2018 1:14 am

Why do you want the pet?
- I would like this pet as I am fairly new and don't have any UR pets yet. I am also a collector and hoping to get one of each pet. -
Why do you deserve the pet?
- I'm not exactly sure how to respond... because I'm nice??? I guess?
- Well, as I stated before, I'm a collector, and my goal is to get one of each pet in CS. I really like animals and own 1 dog, 2 birds, and 3 hamsters. In real life, of course. :3 -
Link me to a funny video (Come on, judging gets boring!)
- Sure! I made it clean, for your consideration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-ZmC2h7CRY -
Bonuses:
GoT, Harry Potter, LoTR, Rainbow Six Siege, or the 100 references. (Just to make my judging less boring!)
- Harry Potter, of course~ -
Prettying up your form - this counts for a lot! It shows me you put in effort!
- I will do many prettyings of my form XD (Nvm can't find anything to pretty it up D': ) -
Including creative works, ex. poems, writing, songs, anything to make your form unique!
- Listen to Two Birds by Regina Spektor -
Adding extra writing categories!
- Ummmmm idk lol -
Anything else you can think of - everything is allowed (aside from trying to bribe me to letting you win, yikes)
- Cool I still don't know XD -
Telling your friends about the giveaway! I want this to be one of the biggest giveaways CS has ever seen! If this goes well, I'll give away a ton of my other pets in my groups!
- Done :) -
Last edited by ikari shinji on Wed May 09, 2018 1:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
my name is srel hi, im a clinically insane autidhd bpder
special interests include genshin, hsr, evangelion, higurashi, prsk
interact with me ols i promise i am interesting, my discord user is srellous
my trade thread my art thread
ikari shinji

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby houndoom » Wed May 09, 2018 1:15 am

oof marking for sure!! <3

Xxxx
lance | they/them
───────────────────────────
it's all we need to get better!
───────────────────────────
fr | bestie | sig art credit
houndoom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Chrysalism’s Giveaway - UR Tiger

Postby Egg66E » Wed May 09, 2018 2:02 am

Why do you want the pet? It's appealing, and that's likely why it has become such a popular pet, probably being one of the most charming designs on the site. I would certainly keep it if I had gotten it, but return the favor of distributing it to someone else if I were to ever take a hiatus from CS. The UR Tiger undoubtedly has such a cute design to it, and personally, I wish there were more of them in existence (Or perhaps a second gen litter?) for a majority of the site to enjoy.

Why do you deserve the pet? I can't say I've done many charitable things as of recent, haha; It's hard to find reasons to be deserving of something that's free. I've always earned everything I have for the most part, so to feel like to deserve something that is free feels a little too selfish for me to list all my accomplishments. I do, however, consider myself a genuinely nice, calm & fair person!

Did you link a friend to the contest? I told Narrae about it!
          I'm a digital artist with a small following!
          I really love any sort of italian food
          I'm a huge fan of cats! It's the animal I've been most attached to since childhood
          Bears, Bats & Spiders are super cool, too!
          I would never touch a spider though
          I'm scared of everything, sometimes I'm scared of my own shadow or reflection
          Ironically I'm really into spooky things & thriller movies <:
          Seeing others happy makes me happy!
          I actually hope to be a guest artist for CS at some point

Funny Video | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y648zJ1TNEA

I really wish everyone luck on this! I cannot wait to see who wins, honestly, and what their answers were!
Last edited by Egg66E on Mon May 28, 2018 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Egg66E

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Animall » Wed May 09, 2018 2:04 am

~marking to edit later~

Do you laugh about me whenever I leave?
Or do I still need more therapy?
(fake out)

↞ infj ⎯ she/her ⎯ adult user ↠

trade thread
auction thread

ImageImageImage
Animall

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby soobin » Wed May 09, 2018 2:08 am

♛ Why do you want the pet? IT has been an ultimate dreamie ever since I joined CS!!
♛ Why do you deserve the pet? I dunno, I'v gifted a lot of rares and very rares and I helped my friends when they were new on here
♛ Include a few fun facts about yourself! um, i go to school, i live in canada, i was born in england
♛ Link me to a funny video (Come on, judging gets boring!) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DODLEX4zzLQ
Last edited by soobin on Wed May 09, 2018 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
soobin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me