✦ ✧ Kat's 24 Advent Giveaway/Contest ✧ ✦ Announcing winners!

Find a competition to enter your artwork in, or create an art competition for others!
Forum rules
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Re: ✦ ✧ Kat's 24 Advent Giveaway/Contest ✧ ✦ 17 pets left!

Postby Inactive User 1 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:44 pm

Marking this so I can remember, I'll likely be checking it out better when I'm not on mobile. :)
Inactive User 1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby partly cloudy » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:30 am

Bump!
Image Image Image Image
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted _40_ people.
I have received _14_ gifts.
partly cloudy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Lady Amalthea » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:01 am

★Whydoyouwantthepet?

I want pet number 12. Why? Because I love her deep purple eyes. Purple is my favorite colour and out of all the pups I was immediately drawn to her because of her eyes and they say eyes are the window to the soul so my attraction to this pup must run as deep as the purple of her eyes. I also love the beautiful shade of brown she is and the cute star Mark on her side.
The Lady Amalthea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Inactive User 1 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:08 pm

My entries are all for the dog here:
ImageImage
I don't know its exact name, but it's black with blue eyes. :)
Black Advent is what it's called, never mind me. :P

★Drawthepet

This is Adrian, from the story below. :)

★Whydoyouwantthepet?

The reason why I would love to have this dog is because it's just so precious. Most of the early dogs on the site I've never really liked, look-wise. They just aren't that interesting to me in most cases. But this dog is gorgeous. It's probably because black is one of my favorite colors, and the beautiful blue eyes really stand out on its dark fur. And I love how simple the design is. It's just black. It doesn't need any crazy wild colors to look amazing, it uses that simplicity to its advantage to make what, in my mind, is one of the prettiest older pets on the site. I would say its one of the most beautiful period, but then I'd have to cross-check it with all the other pets on the site, and... well, I doubt anyone would have the time for that, haha. It's definitely one of the best in terms of dogs that haven't had lineart alterations.

I've always kind of wanted it, not extremely, but more than the general pet. But since writing the story below, I have a deeper connection with the dog. It probably sounds dumb, but I get attached to characters I've created very easily, and I like the idea of this 'Adrian' character I've created. Of course I get attached for different reasons, and 'Adrian's' reason is that he is a well-respected magician in this order that goes on missions to defeat enemies all across their land, and he's forced to drag along his competent-yet-exasperating friend with him while he's at it. Of course I haven't fleshed out his character yet, I made him up about 30 minutes ago. But I'd love to explore the pup's personality and history more.

So... yeah. That's why I want him. And I'm going to be completely honest; of course part of the reason I want the dog is simply because it's such a rare pet. I couldn't and wouldn't lie about that - that's the reason I'm here, and I'm sure that's the reason a lot of enterers are here. And I guess the dog is considered an 'advent' pet? I don't follow the rares list, nor do I want to, so I don't know exactly what that means or where this dog in particular is placed, but that doesn't matter to me. For one thing, I'd keep the dog no matter what, so worrying about getting a fair trade wouldn't be an issue. (The only way I would trade the dog is if I was quitting, not going to happen for a loooong time, but if I did, I wouldn't want the dog to rot on a dead account.)

Nothing comes into mind when I think of what else to add, but I may edit a little here and there. Mostly typos; I type so fast I mistake things a lot, so if you see any don't mind them. :') Thank you so much for doing this giveaway, it is absolutely astonishing to me that you would give away this many amazing pets. I can't even count the amount of people that would consider these pets dreamies, especially the BMD - people seem to love that doggo especially. (Not that I can blame them, it's adorable.) I hope this wall of text didn't put you to sleep, I didn't mean to make it this long but I tend to do that with giveaways. 'Less flash, more substance' basically is what I'm aiming for, whether I accomplished it or not.

Anyway, enough blabbing on my part! I hope you have a wonderful day/night, and a happy Halloween on top of that! <3

★Shortstory

For the sake of the story, I will be using the Purple Husky as a side character.

I didn't revolve the story around what the dress-ups of the pets are... I'm not sure if that disqualifies me or something, but when I was thinking of stories, this popped up in my head and I really liked the idea of it. I honestly probably would have written this for myself either way at that point. But please disregard this whole entry if it's not okay.

I also tried to hold back from making it too long. You asked for a short story, not a novel. :'D

──────────────────────────────

Adrian lowered his head and stared down the long tunnel, frowning in contemplation. "So did Falcon tell you how he expected me to fit through there?"

Henri poked at the broken edges of the metal bars, seemingly testing them for sharpness. "No. But then I imagine he'd want you to go for it." Adrian gave him a narrow-eyed glance, and Henri shrugged. "Figure it out! It's your own fault for being a giant. And besides, when have you ever let a difficult obstacle get in your way?"

Adrian scowled as Henri flicked his shoulder, giving a snarky grin. Then the Husky daintily hopped over the lower bars with ease, not even scraping the upper broken edges. He made it look so simple. Adrian, on the other hand, was almost twice the Husky's size.

"Easy for you to say, pipsqueak." Adrian sighed heavily, and attempted to follow Henri - he got stuck almost immediately. Henri snickered quietly, and Adrian bared his fangs. "At least I wasn't the runt of the litter."

"Is that so? Well, at least I actually work well with the word 'espionage,'" Henri cackled, and the larger dog growled. Henri offered a cheeky smile, but he was kind enough to bite into Adrian's tunic and tug. With his help, Adrian was able to get on the right side of the bars, rolling his shoulders to ease the ache. "Now let's see if the other end of the tunnel has a small entrance too. Maybe you'll get stuck down here and I have to do the job all by myself."

"Please. All anyone would have to do is yell 'free cake' and you'll be wagging your tail like a puppy at Christmas." The inside of the tunnel was much wider, so Adrian was able to stand up straight. He carefully maneuvered around the scoffing Husky and went down the tunnel first, narrowing his eyes in the darkness. It was far too dark in here - he couldn't see a thing. What if he wandered right into a trap? It was highly discouraged to use magic during a mission, but there were times when one had to. A little light wasn't going to hurt.

Resisting the urge to shout an incantation that would light the entire tunnel, he softly muttered a spell that would illuminate his way. His eyes suddenly burned and he gave his head a rough shake, suffering through the irritation until the uncomfortable feeling faded after a few moments. Now there was a pale light emanating from his eyes, a brilliant cobalt that provided some light just ahead of him.

"Man, I wish I could do that," Henri sighed, just a hint of envy edging his tone. Adrian had been born as a magician, but Henri hadn't. Henri was 'just a regular dog' as he always liked to say. Adrian frequently pointed out the fact that Henri was one of the most respected members of the order - the most respected young member, at least. Even more so than Adrian. And that was really saying something. 'Just a regular dog' couldn't accomplish that.

"Well, pipsqueaks aren't allowed to have powers," Adrian said casually, giving his tail a small wag to show he was joking. The tunnel was starting to widen, and now there was almost enough room for the two of them to walk comfortably side-by-side. "You should have taken some height from your sister, maybe then you'd be at least average sized-"

Henri's paw smacked against Adrian's tail, causing the larger dog to stop. The Husky had gone dead silent, something that was highly unusual for him. Adrian knew better than to ask what was wrong; if Henri went quiet, then there was something amiss. And it was better to take heed of that.

It wasn't long before Adrian heard what Henri must have caught onto. There was a soft scraping not far ahead of them, a sound that only the sharpest ears could pick up as easily as the Husky had. Just as Adrian tensed, a burst of flame spawned before their eyes, causing both dogs to leap back in surprise. The glowing fire framed a sharply-pointed face, flickering just before the creature's scaled mouth. Its slit-pupilled eyes landed on Adrian, filled with malice.

"Oh, I, uh..." Henri trailed off as the creature hissed, the sound bouncing throughout the tunnel like a dozen chimes ricocheting off one another. "I forgot to tell you that, uh... Sargos has a wyvern. And no one knew where it was..."

"Henri!" Adrian snarled, blue magic forming around his paws.

"You're welcome," Henri laughed nervously, just before the wyvern lunged.
Last edited by Inactive User 1 on Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Inactive User 1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dawnstorm111 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:06 pm

bump
Forum/viewtopic.php?f=120&t=4294877 <- Getting rid of all of my pets, including lists and store pets
✞ I asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" Jesus replied, "This much." He stretched his arms on the cross and died. Please put this in your signature if you believe that Jesus died for our sins. ✞
Always looking for kalons! If you have any unwanted kalons, please gift me my first one!
Image Thank you so much Laozsho!
Dawnstorm111

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby boodles » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:28 am

Bump
ImageImageImageImageImage

Currently obsessed with FR and making trades between here and there.
https://www1.flightrising.com/clan-profile/599233

Canadian || She/Her || Adult || University || Vet School
♡ Animals || ♡ Music || ♡ Crime Dramas || ♡ Photography

Dream Pet: UR Tiger Dog
CS Goal: One of Every Pet (Only 40 left!)
Currently Hunting For: Missing Warrior Cats & 2012 UR Cookie

<< P.S. Those are my puppers!
boodles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me