*DO NOT POST YET*

Find a competition to enter your artwork in, or create an art competition for others!
Forum rules
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

*DO NOT POST YET*

Postby Viridian Dragonkoi » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:32 pm

Ok, here is the...
'Boring, Yet Undoubtably Important, Part'

After having read the CS rules and regs regarding art, and by having work commisioned, or contests held, on other sites, I feel it is necessary to add the following so that noone is under a different impression of what they are getting into. Most of it is just common sense stuff, so please dont be put off by the block of text that follows! XD....

Please, you MUST READ the following CAREFULLY!!!

By entering into this contest, you will have agreed to the following:

- I would like to be able to use any images/art work that is entered here, on off-site games as well as on-site. Therefore, (unless you are not bothered of course), please put a signature on the picture (maybe even 'CS' in brackets next to the sig to show that your Username is from here if you use different usernames on other games).

-I also reserve the right to resize the picture, and/or crop the images (eg, if there's a lot of solid colour in the border, or if I want to fit only the headshot in, etc.), if I want/need to, so please put your sig somewhere on the main body of the pic - preferably near the head/neck (HINT: a sig that follows the lines along the neck is quite common, as is along the fur/hair/feathers that are on the head/neck/shoulders).

- I WILL NOT be editing the art in any other ways (eg. recolouring, using lineart, etc. etc. UNLESS you write here (with your entry) that you are only doing/entering LineArt that I am allowed to colour (or have someone colour for me).

- I WILL NOT sell, give, steal, claim as my own, or anything else of that nature (I just want to be able to show them all off if there are lots of great entries! XD). I strongly believe that by doing any of these things is utterly immoral when someone else has put in all the hard work!

- The games that I am most likely to use/display these on (As well as CS) are (but not limited to) Gryffs, Wajas, Khimeros, Aluriya, Pure Felinity, and FelisFire. If you are a member of any of these games , and would like your details to be forwarded to anyone who may see the art and says something along the lines of 'Hey! Cool pic. Who drew it for you?', then please post your Id/Username/Both here (and the sites that they relate to) with your entry (This includes Chicken Smoothie). The reason for posting here is that it is evidence to everyone (inc. any mods who see it) that you dont want to remain anonymous, so then noone can say anything to the contrary eg. 'Seska keeps telling everyone I do artwork and it's a breech of my privacy', etc.

- You may enter up to 3 entries/pieces of art. Any more than that will result in only the first three being considered as valid entries.
However, you may (if you like) enter different sizes of the same art, as long as you only post one copy here (if posting images instead of links to images), and post links to the other sizes.

- You MUST fill in the form found at the end of this post if entering this contest, or your entry will not be valid. However, if entering two or three entries, you will only need to fill out the form once.

- There must be no moaning about who the winners are, beeging for a pet, etc. etc. I choose. Simple.

- Any questions, relating to the above, may be asked here. DO NOT PM ME WITH QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS CONTEST!!

!!BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST, YOU ARE AGREEING TO ALL THAT IS WRITTEN ABOVE HERE. IF YOU DONT AGREE, DONT ENTER!!

:D The FUN Part!! :D

What Do I Want?

It's simple really...A Phoenix.
Yup, that's it. Oh, you want more info? Ok then!
This is a competition to create me an image of a phoenix in any way you'd like to interpret it. So, if you imagine a phoenix as an ethereal being, or simply a bright-coloured bird, it doesn't matter. If you want to draw eg a horse/dragon/cat/fish/whatever that represents the 'Spirit' of a phoenix, go ahead. Just draw it in the way you feel it should be.
You see, I've always loved the phoenix - see my current avatar and my sig for proof ;) - and the idea behind it (rebirth after death, etc.), and I am seriously considering it as my fursona (I dont have one yet), but the main point of this contest is to have some beautiful, and different, pictures I can display.
So, you can enter in a few ways: Fursona based, art based, or both. I really dont mind, but it may help you if I let you know a little about me (especially if you want to add accessories or backgrounds to it, etc.....
I'm a quiet, almost shy person in most company however, every now and then I erupt in a fit of anger, passion (ie. I'm passionate about certain beliefs I have), or a mix of the two. I'm honest and upfront, usually speaking the truth (as I see it) where others dont. I believe that everything that happens, happens for a reason and because of this I'm usually incredibly optimistic, especially when times are really bad. However, I'm also prone to breaking down every now and then when the bad stuff just seems like it will never end.
Most of the time I have my head up in the clouds, filling my head with fanciful ideas and romantic notions that usually never actually go anywhere. I love all things mythological and magical, especially when they are based around cats, dragons, Phoenix, creatures/beasts with wings or unusual creatures. I also love nature, and *adore* flowers, and one day aspire to have created my own little secret 'fairy' garden with insect-friendly, uber-colourful trees, plants and flowers, glowing stones and lights and a pond that's home to alsorts of fish and amphibians with it's own little waterfall and secret caves where I can escape to enjoy nature and peace (*see above for 'filling head with fanciful ideas and romantic notions' XD).
I own a ton of cats, fish and stick insects as well as one very friendly cockatiel named 'billi'. If I could, I'd own most animals and run my own small, self-contained farm.
As far as colours go, I like almost every colour, and every shade, with my only true dislike being an english mustard colour yellow.
I also love pastel shades, but equally love bright eye-popping colours, and contrast. As far as the phoenix goes, colour-wise, I dont mind seeing a conventional red/yellow/orange 'fire' palette, but would equally welcome other colours/ideas. It's your picture - Go mad! :D

The Prizes

There will be 5 placings, with any other images/art I like (and will be using) being given an honourable mention prize in appreciation.
Where prizes allow the winner/honourable mentions to choose from my two trading groups, or where the winners can choose rare pets, then you need to bear in mind that the trading groups change pet content frequently (as they are, after all, trading groups!) and the other groups change too (although less frequent than the trades group), however if you have your heart set on a certain pet(s) you may ask that I reserve that pet in case you are a winner/honourable mention, but I am under no obligation to reserve it (although I'm sure I will unless an amazing trade comes my way involving said pet).

1st place will be able to choose any 3 rares out of my two trading groups, or my 'Critterz', 'Doggeez', 'Equinez', 'Ratz' or 'Bunnyz' groups (providing they dont have a '*' in the pet name as these pets I'm not giving away) that they want plus an additional 10 very common/common/uncommon from my two trading groups (again, winners choice as to which pets they pick)
2nd place will be able to choose (after the first place winner has chosen) any 2 rares out of my two trading groups, or my 'Critterz', 'Doggeez', 'Equinez', 'Ratz' or 'Bunnyz' groups (providing they dont have a '*' in the pet name as these pets I'm not giving away) that they want plus an additional 6 very common/common/uncommon from my two trading groups (again, winners choice as to which pets they pick)
3rd place will be able to choose (after the first and second place winners have chosen) any 1 rare out of my two trading groups, or my 'Critterz', 'Doggeez', 'Equinez', 'Ratz' or 'Bunnyz' groups (providing they dont have a '*' in the pet name as these pets I'm not giving away) that they want plus an additional 4 very common/common/uncommon from my two trading groups (again, winners choice as to which pets they pick)
4th place will be able to choose (after the first, second and third place winners have chosen) any 10 very common/common/uncommon from my two trading groups (again, winners choice as to which pets they pick)
5th place will be able to choose (after the first, second, third and fourth place winners have chosen) any 5 very common/common/uncommon from my two trading groups (again, winners choice as to which pets they pick)

Honourable Mentions (ie. those who's pictures haven't qualified for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th place, but I'd still like to be able to use the pictures) will receive 1-2 random pets of my choosing.

Bonus prize that EVERYONE is eligable for!

I will be holding a raffle for every valid entry posted here (so up to 3 per person)!
When the contest closes, I will allocate each of you numbers randomly (again, up to 3 numbers per person - 1 for each valid entry submitted), and then use random.org to pick out 2 winners (so you *could* win twice!!) :D
The prize will be 2x 25CS$ (25CS$ for each raffle winner) to use as you wish in the CS store (you will send me a list of the items you'd like from the store and I will go and buy them for you!).

Ok, I think that's it! *phew!* If I have forgotten anything, or there's some part to this that you dont understand, please dont hesitate to post here.
THANKS!

The Form

I, your user name + ID here, have read all of the content of the first post (on this thread), and by entering I realise it means that I agree to everything in the first post (on this thread).
Fursona/Art/Both:
Other game Id's/usernames if wanting to be recommended:
Lineart/Shaded lineart/Coloured:
If a type of lineart, do you give permission for myself (or anyone I may ask) to colour it if I want to at any time?:
More than one size of this entry? Post your links to other sizes here:
Anything else (eg. why have you entered, a little description behind the idea of your entry, the fact that you like the Phoenix too, etc. etc.)?:
Place your ENTRY HERE (link or image):
Last edited by Viridian Dragonkoi on Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Viridian Dragonkoi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: *CS$ and Rare Pets to be Won! Look Inside For Details!*

Postby Viridian Dragonkoi » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:09 am

Ok, I know there wont be any entries yet, but is anyone interested in this?
: )
Viridian Dragonkoi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beloved. » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:55 am

Bookmarked.
dead account
beloved.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Viridian Dragonkoi » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:32 pm

Anyone else thinking of entering?
:D
Viridian Dragonkoi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady B » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:38 pm

I'm entering, here is my drawing: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=315478

I believe that Phoenixes look a lot like humans, they have long, flowing auburn hair and a long dress that runs through all the shades of fire, and blends into the ground they walk on. Under this dress, there is a leather cord and on the end of that cord is the eggshell they hatched out of. :) Hope you like :)
Last edited by Lady B on Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lady B

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Viridian Dragonkoi » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:49 pm

Thanks for entering, Believing, but that link is to your Owl RP, not a pic! XD
Viridian Dragonkoi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hoot » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:09 am

Bookmarking :D I like phoenixes, too. Is it ok if it's traditional style, or does it have to be digital?
Hoot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Viridian Dragonkoi » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:22 am

Any style at all is absolutely fine...Lol, I dont mind if someone makes a pasta picture, as long as it's theirs!
Tbh, there is no telling what I like and dont like in art. It's all a matter of whether it takes me at the time. And my tastes are extreme and ecclectic all at once!
I'll look forward to seeing it Hoot, and I'm glad it'll be something you like too!
: )
Viridian Dragonkoi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me