Awesome Competitions! Write a Story; Win Some Pets!!

Find a competition to enter your artwork in, or create an art competition for others!
Forum rules
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Awesome Competitions! Write a Story; Win Some Pets!!

Postby Ranger of the North » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:29 am

Kia ora and welcome along! c: Before we begin, I'd like to explain what's going on directly below, lol. After that is the explanation of what this is and the rules and all that fun stuff XD
Right. Anyway. After we've met these goals, I'll begin designing a new thread and an archive for this competition! *cheering from... me.* Anyway. *coughs* Here we go:
Ranger (me) wrote:
  1. Complete twenty-five pictures (100% complete)
  2. Have ten individuals donate (100% complete)
  3. Reach one-hundred pages (96%)
  4. Get fifteen entries for one picture (100% complete)
I'll be updating as we go~ c:

Here's the drill: I'll be posting a random photo or drawing with info on the prize and when the competition ends.
All you have to do is write a short-story or poem about it! Why? Because I'm curious to see what you can come up with! :D

1—You can have two or less stories, both with three-thousand or less words. This might be changed later on. Idk :D
2—If you don't think you'll be able to get your story done on time pm me.
However, if a week passes and nothing's happened I won't wait for it/them

1—You can write two or less poems. So far there's no word limit, but this might be changed later on. Idk :D
2—If you don't think you'll be able to get your poem done on time pm me.
However, if a week passes and nothing's happened I won't wait for it/them

1—The maximum number of entries allowed is two stories as well as two poems, anything under this is also allowed
2—If you have any questions or anything feel absolutely free to send me a pm :D
3—If you have a picture you want other peeps to create a story for, don't post it!
Again, send me a pm so we can work something out :D
4—Obey Tess's rules
5Wren often helps me judge. I'll post her status with each picture
6—Have fun!! :D :D

This week's picture:

I'll try to give winners at least one pet off of their wishlist, but I can't promise anything. If you donate some pets with a message along the lines of 'donations' that'll be soo helpful!

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Donators of Original Art/Photos
╔════════════════════════════╗

MexicanGrizzlyBear
cyberdragon725
Sciencin'
My Mum
Wren's bro
Woogwoo Wren
╚════════════════════════════╝

Winning Entries
╔════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

01 (S)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx02 (S)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx08b (P)
04 (not posted)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx05 (not posted)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx06 (S)
07 (not posted)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx08a (S)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx08b (P)
09a (S)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx09b (P)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx10a (S)
10b (P)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxThe Devoured City /11a (S)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx11b (P)
The Wishing Fish /12a (S)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx12b (P)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx13a (S)
13b (P)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx14a (S)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx14b (P)
The Journey /15a1 (S)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxInner Demons /15a2 (S)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx15b (P)
16 (P)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxFierce Protection /17a (S)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx17b (P)
18a (S)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxLittle Owl /18b (P)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx19a (S)
Passion /19b (P)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxThe Journey to Westhaven /20 (S)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx21 (S)
22 (S)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx23a (S)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx23b (P)
24a (S)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx24b (P)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx26 (not posted)
A Girl on the Wall, Unafraid /27xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx28a (S)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx28b (P)
29a (S)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx29b (P)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxDollhouse /30a (S)
30b (P)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxMajus-vat: Homecoming /31a (S)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx31b (P)
Packing Up /32 (S)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx33 (S)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxMolly the Giraffe /34 (S)
35 (S)

╚════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Record-Setting Pictures
╔═════════════════════╗

xPic #1 (Entry count: two)
xPic #2 (Entry count: four)
Pic #9 (Entry count: five)
Pic #10 (Entry count: six)
Pic #15 (Entry count: nine)
Pic #18 (Entry count: twelve)
Pic #23 (Entry count: eighteen)
╚═════════════════════╝

By *Bad Wolf* wrote:Image
Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?p=95351147#p95351147][img]http://i.imgur.com/8Ujsfmh.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?p=95351147#p95351147][img]http://i.imgur.com/zzypqB1.png[/img][/url]

By windmillKey wrote:Image
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?p=95351147#p95351147][img]https://i.imgur.com/d4u41D8.png[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?p=95351147#p95351147][img]https://i.imgur.com/b7I5J0x.gif[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?p=95351147#p95351147][img]https://i.imgur.com/cWkHn3u.png[/img][/url]

By *free* wrote:Image
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?p=95351147#p95351147][img]http://i.imgur.com/vk036RF.png?2[/img][/url]
Last edited by Ranger of the North on Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:29 pm, edited 71 times in total.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Awesome Competitions! Write a Story; Win Some Pets!!

Postby Ranger of the North » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:37 am

Oakalee doakalee, first picture!!
Hopefully it's easy to come up with something? This is all just a huge experiment :lol:
They're nearly-fledged Song Thrushes. Photo taken by me.
Can't wait to see if anyone participates!! XD XD

The comp for this pic ends on the 11/2/16 N.Z. time (That's the 2/10/16 for Americans :D )
First place: 10 pets
Second place: 6 pets
Third place: 3 pets
Last edited by Ranger of the North on Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Come Win Some Pets!!

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:35 am

I'm gonna do this! I'll post the story here
"An eye for an eye
Hello! I'm Wren! I'm in my mid-teens and live
in New Zealand. I enjoy writing, reading, watching videos,
cosplaying, and drawing occasionally! I'm a Christian,
and always up to meeting new friends!

~ P ~ M ~ A ~
| Stories| A03 | Wattpad |
| RWBY | Merlin | Doctor Who | HP |
| 🐦| 🐺 | 🔬 | 🦊 |
|

and the world goes blind."
Woogwoo Wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Come Win Some Pets!!

Postby ArtsheepNZ » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:09 am

Marking for If I find some time~~ :3
xxxxxxxxWas previously Afflatedartist
im lonely
Hi there !
I'm from New Zealand!
I don't get on much anymore but
don't hesitate to PM me ! <3
other places you can find me

[ FR | FV | SM ]
Image my moon, my stars, my muse
xx
ArtsheepNZ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Piefan » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:11 pm

Working on a story. P:

Also, today, I tried to Google 'thrush' for research and??? I was not expecting that?
I'm socially awkward and sometimes terse - don't mind me.
Piefan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:05 am

Ohhh.... I know what you mean. Oops, sorry :? They're Song Thrushes :D
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burrito Bunny » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:43 pm

Okay, so here's my entry.

Yeah, I don't know what my point was either. Oh well, I hope you like it!
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Piefan » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:02 am

Cheep! Cheep! Cheep!

The stars in the sky above began to fade as the sun turned night to day. Already the chicks had begun to chirp, despite the early hour. Hunger kept them from sleeping as they usually did; lately, their mother had been bringing them less and less food. Why that was seemed to them an enigma, for they were too young to comprehend the changes in their home.

Their tree seemed singularly unaffected, oddly. Its leaves had yet to wilt, and its trunk still stood strong and steady. But surrounding it, where berries had once grown freely, shrubs were beginning to die, their formerly bright fruit now grey, hanging limply from brittle branches. Flowers folded into themselves as their leaves shrank. Animals, too, were affected - earthworms wriggled about on the surface, a strange shade of pinkish-yellow, and horses tore at rotting corpses, desperate for food.

The chicks' mother stirred, chirping softly as she awoke. Instantly, she flicked open her wings as if protecting her children from a predator, having mistaken their cries of hunger for those of fear. Over the years, her once sleek body had become lean and skinny, her feathers dry. She still could fly, however, and fly she did, leaving the nest in search of food.

Her wingbeats were barely enough to keep her in the air, but she managed - she didn't have a choice. Hovering inches above the ground, she grabbed a pebble in her beak. The earthworms were poisonous; she'd noticed the other birds dying after eating one. Fruit was unpredictable. Snails, however, were safe. Or at least she hoped they were safe - she wasn't quite sure.

She lurched forward as she spotted one. It was still moving; she didn't need to scavenge this time. The thrush swung her stone, relief filling her when she felt the creature's shell give way. Ignoring its frantic struggles (she used to feel guilty when she did that, but now she understood that it was kill or be killed), she struck twice more.

The snail was dead now. She let out a few chirps of triumphant song, exchanging the rock for her prize. She'd have to fly fast - anything she was strong enough to come even close to fighting was weak enough that even such a small meal would be a luxury. Desperation seemed to make animals far better combatants.

If she really couldn't go the day without eating, she decided, she'd find some berries somewhere and gulp those down. Not preferable - they tasted terrible - but necessary.

The chicks were still chirping, she realised as she approached the nest. She'd have to teach them not to do that - it could attract predators, and it certainly wouldn't get them food any earlier. Tossing the snail to them, she didn't pause to rest before setting off once again, tucking herself underneath a nearby tree.

Somewhere above her, a huge bird soared. It was possibly twice her wingspan, and it would doubtlessly kill her if it spotted her. As long as her chicks survived, she didn't care about her own life, but they were still young, and she hadn't yet taught them how to fly, or to forage. They'd just end up bumbling uselessly around, either starving, dying of poisoning, or getting eaten - if they made it to full-fledge.

She called out softly to the chicks, ordering them to keep silent. They might be able to keep hidden, if only they didn't make any noise. Maybe this predator had an eye gouged out or something, and it couldn't see the birds, in start contrast to the bright green surrounding them. Maybe.

The predator descended, a harsh screech escaping from its beak. It landed almost gracefully on the branch where she had set up her nest, and fear overtook the thrush, tempting her to dart out and attack. She shoved the urge deep inside her - that's stupid it'll just kill you and then them - instead chirping, once, in defeat.

It ignored the chicks, to her surprise. She almost burst into song right then and there, she was so relieved.

Spreading its wings, it looked at her, and then-

Hooray apocalypse. That is also my excuse for every other inconsistency with irl animal stuff - they adapted. The soil, the water, the air were polluted, so they changed to be stronger.

This was majorly rushed, especially the ending.
I'm socially awkward and sometimes terse - don't mind me.
Piefan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:35 am

Closed for judging and fascinating stuff like that XD
Thanks to all who participated :D I'll post who won as soon as I can :D :D
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:08 am

Oakee doakee, sorry for taking so long :?

This one was hard to choose! But I've decided that first place goes to
Piefan
and second place goes to
Burrito Bunny
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I'll send the trades asap :D :D :D
Thanks for participating! :thumbup: :D :D
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me