Tyr's Super Sneaky August Contest --WINNERS ANNOUNCED!--

Find a competition to enter your artwork in, or create an art competition for others!
Forum rules
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Tyr's Super Sneaky August Contest --WINNERS ANNOUNCED!--

Postby Tyr » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:44 pm

Ok, First I'd like to say that this was EXTREMELY DIFFICULT to decide on as who the winners would be. ALL of the entries were fantastic!! Thank you so much guys for being so awesome :)

I also want to remind you guys what I was judging on first, so that no one gets mad. As I reminder, I posted this criteria in the rules so you could see exactly. Also as a reminder, I am NOT judging on skill. Here's what I was looking for on the entries:

1. Effort
I like to see that both time and thought went into the piece. Did you take 2 minutes on the drawing, or did you take your time and really try? Even if you're not quite up to par on skill level, I can tell whether or not you took your time on the piece of art.

2. How well you captured my fursona and her likes
Did you follow her color scheme and markings, paying attention to any details I might have added? Have you thought about what kind of setting would be suitable for her? I gave you guys some clues on where you'd see her :)

3. Original Ideas
This is a major thing I was looking for. I want to see interesting ideas on how you're portraying her. I'd rather see her -doing- something than just standing there. If she is standing there, I want to see her caught in some kind of emotion to explain -why- she is standing.

4. Chaos Star
This symbol is super important to her character. I really wanted to see it incorperated in a way besides just something hanging around her neck. It's not necessarily always there as a necklace, but is present somewhere always-- and usually hides somewhere.

Also, if you guys want me to edit and add in why I chose the entries, I'd be happy to :)

And the winners are.....

FIRST : LINKSAGE
Winner chooses 2 pets from the "Contest" category, and gets a detailed pic!

SECOND: COMMANDER BONGO
Gets 2 pets from the "Contest" category, plus a moderate or better pic!

HONORABLE MENTIONS:
BLOODSOUL
DRIZZLE

You guys get a sketch, and to pick a pet from the Contest Category!

Congrats guys!! Opening up the Contest category in a moment here, so you can pick your pets! First gets to pick first, second picks second and so on. You may ALL pick your pets now. IF someone else chose the pet you wanted, I'll return your trade first with a trade suggestion so you can pick another :) PLEASE ALSO POST YOUR REFS ON WHAT YOU WANT ME TO DRAW FOR YOU!

Thank you again--- ALL of you, for the amazing and thoughtful entries, and making this contest a success!! You guys are all so awesome, you make judging very hard <3 <3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RULES:
1.NO SELLING.
PLEASE, I ask that whatever drawings you do of her, you do not sell or claim her to be your character. I don't care if you want to post your art online (if its on FA or DA, let me know! I'll want to fav it :) ), but she is my fursona, and very dear to me.

2.Original works only, please.
This means no linearts, photo manips, or modifying someone else's work. If you'd like to color in lineart and post it here, you can. However, it will NOT be included in the contest and you MUST link back to original lines.

3.Take your time!
I'm not forbidding 1 minute drawings, but I will heavily take into consideration the amount of effort and thought that went into the piece.

4.Open to ALL skill levels.
I am NOT judging on skill. Here's a few things I will be looking at though:
a. Effort and thought that went into the art.
b. How well you captured the character, both personality and theme.
c. Original ideas (ie, how dynamic is the pose? Is she just standing there, or moving?)
d. How/If you included the Chaos Star. (is it just in there, or did you cleverly hide it somewhere, like in the pattern of the trees, or on something?)

5.You must post entries here!
Entries that are pmed to me will not be counted. Because I can be very fluff-brained, I need entries all in one place. If you need to upload your pic somewhere, please use a program like photobucket or imageshack. You don't need to ask to enter, just enter!

You may enter more than one entry, however, if there are enough entries to choose multiple winners, you may only win once.
Last edited by Tyr on Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:16 am, edited 6 times in total.
No, I don't play CS anymore. Yes, I play on other sites. No, I will not sell my custom item or pet.
Tyr
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Tyr's Super Sneaky August Contest

Postby Tyr » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:44 pm

PRIZES

The more entries that are added, the more prize places I will add. Winner will choose from the “Contest” category in my pets. Should other places be added, winner will choose first, second place chooses second, third is next, and so forth. Winners have 3 days after being contacted to choose a prize, or I will move onto the next. These prizes WILL NOT CHANGE or be removed.

So far, there is only one winner. More entries, more winners!

WINNER: will receive 1 "detailed" piece of Oekaki art from me, PLUS two pets from the “Contest” section. Should more winners be chosen, they will receive 1 sketch (or better) plus two pets from the "Contest" section.

Entries
Linxii Lineless
Wacky the Racoon
Partial Topaz, Second, Third
Ninjutsu (non serious entry XD)- Serious entry 1, Serious entry 2
**Fire**
Bk13
Deajh
seketta
Coco Llama
TheWolfsGirl 90
Linksage
Tikapup1
Twisted Transistor
Commander Bongo
Houndoom
Drizzle
aBisto, Second, Third
Ninja Monkey, Second entry
Bloodsoul
Shy
Last edited by Tyr on Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:33 pm, edited 11 times in total.
No, I don't play CS anymore. Yes, I play on other sites. No, I will not sell my custom item or pet.
Tyr
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cion Keiasta » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:12 pm

I will be joining :D I am working on one now ;D Can we enter as many times we want or just one?
Cion Keiasta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tyr » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:07 am

Excellent! you can enter as many times as you want, but if I should end up giving out multiple prizes, you can only win once.

Good question! I'm going to update that in the thread so its easier to see :)
Tyr
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cion Keiasta » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:50 am

Thanks Tyr! I am almost done with the first entry :3
Cion Keiasta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby InsomniacFox » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:25 am

I'll enter! ;)
By the way: I love Tyr's design! ;)
Commission me here

Join my Semi-Lit Fox RP, Ambrellia Forest!

I want someone to RP on MSN with, animal or human. Contact me with the email BloodiestSoul@hotmail.com and the screen name Icarius Insomniac. I'd love to chat with you and become friends. <33

ImageImageImageImageImage
InsomniacFox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SelkiesSong » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:34 am

Is it terrible of me to want to win simply for your amazing oekaki skills? ;)

Marking! Will definitely give this a go. ^_^
~*~Keep Marching On~*~
Art Tumblr
SelkiesSong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rakkun » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:01 am

Bookmarking as well ^^ awesome character btw
Pixel Luca by Todd.

My KalonsCharacters

NEW LAPTOP!! WOOO!!!

Clearing all my messages and to do list. PM me if you needed something. c;
    -Unfortunately my old comp had all my W.I.P. PM if I forgot something for you.
Rakkun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ethio » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:25 am

Can it taditional?
Image. Image