NEVER MIND

Find a competition to enter your artwork in, or create an art competition for others!
Forum rules
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

NEVER MIND

Postby Yaeli » Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:12 am

Contest: Character & Weapon Design!
Ends after I get enough entries I like for the prizes to go around.

A little about the world: It’s a planet similar to ours. Two Protected Islands have been built on the ruins of World War 3. However, various tribes still live in realm of the Wastelands and Acid Seas, preferring to subsist on their own rather than fall under government regulation. The story follows various groups as they battle each other, including: Specs (government agents with the world’s most powerful weapons), Glazqor (a company that harvests energy from enslaved humans), Guardians (protectors of the Wastelands), Vigilants (investigators of the Wastelands), Nevta (illegal trading group), Yeir (radical organization planning to overthrow the Protected Islands).

I want creative designs that I’ve never seen before! I already have TONS of other characters in the same world, so really think out of the box here. These are the names of the weapons that I already have, so don’t make yours too similar: rope, wing-swords, fan-sword, circle saw, machine gun, pistol-swords, sniper gun, whip-sword, bow & arrows, martial stick, flamethrower, throwing stars, drills, blaster gloves & boots, spiked sword, arm & leg blades, crossbow, mechanical tentacles, warhammer, scimitar, roller blades, nunchucks, harpoon gun, longsword & shield, boomerang blade, blaster sword-gun, spiral sword, paper-morpher, mechanical wasps, code goggles, electric sword, double spear, emotion cards, scythe, laser pistols, hoverboard, circle blades, spiked club, wave gun, double scythe, double sword, rotating axe, bladed flail, poison darts, blade-shooting gun, cannons, chandelier mace, grappling hooks, chainsaw, poison flail, mech claws, double-headed axe, syringe gun, kusarigama, grenade launcher, paintball gun, space cube, glassmorpher, umbrella gun, fan knives, juggling bombs, revolver-skeleton, valkroa (a flying snake creature), anglerion (a lion with tentacles), wockjabber (a bird-like monster), glowkoi (toxic fish that swim in air), bug shield, time staff, liquid bullet gun, roped pistols, multi-tool, bladed yoyo, hoverguns, lazerkeets, violin sword, bassoon rifle, robot net, gem codebreaker, katana, neon wire, multi-barrel gun, knuckle dusters, telescope torch, lava-morpher, lava lamp gun, sling, glitter slingshot, power frisbee, orb tennis racket, bladed pistol, coilgun, jellyfish bot, scissor blades, shock gun, butterfly net, ice sword, fishing rod, calcu-morphbot, bullet/laser watch, entanglement bow, flytrap-head dog, bubblegum blaster, bladed compass (the geometry kind), glow multiwhip.

Rules:
◘ Design must include both character and weapon. A brief description of the weapon’s function must be included.
◘ Can be human, cyborg/android, or mostly human. Minimal animal parts are allowed.
◘ Must be male or masculine. *If you have an epic design for a female or feminine character, I won't stop you, but just know that I am in need of a male character.
◘ Can be hero, villain, or neutral/ambiguous.
◘ Don’t make a Spec, Guardian, or Vigilant because there are caps on their number, and I have made them all already. Your character does not have to be affiliated with any of the groups I mentioned.
◘ No bio or background art necessary, but you effort on this is appreciated.
◘ Both digital and traditional are fine. Use clay and origami if you want, go wild.
◘ Can use bases, but design must be original.
◘ Concept > art ability.
◘ If you can't draw, you may WRITE your idea.
◘ No limit to number of entries per person. You CAN win more than once.

☑ Unusual color palettes.
☑ Hair and eyes that are not a “natural” color.
☑ Multi-colored hair or eyes; heterochromia.
☑ Striking appearance.
☑ Interesting accessories.
☑ Sci-fi elements.
☑ Vaporwave, synthwave, glitchy, retrowave, retro-futuristic.
☑ Cyberpunk or utopian sci-fi vibes.
☑ Steampunk, but it has to look futuristic.
☑ Biopunk is cool too.
☑ Solarpunk.
☑ Detailed and cool outfit designs.
☑ Holographic (of any base color), laser, neon.
☑ Vintage, Victorian, and 19th century elements.
☑ Colored metallic parts (metallic purple, for instance).

Dislikes:
☒ Exaggerated physical forms, such as extremely muscular.
☒ Mecha elements that grossly distort/exaggerate the body form.
☒ Body shape or face that looks animal rather than human.
☒ Animal/feral forms.
☒ Large amounts of black or dark colors.
☒ Inclusion of every color in the rainbow just because cOLoRz. If it’s rainbow it should be well-designed.
☒ Overly supernatural or horror-themed elements.
☒ Anything to do with aliens or mythical creatures.
☒ Demonic designs such as horns.
☒ Anything related to dragons or dinosaurs (reptiles are fine).
☒ Star Wars or Star Trek vibes.
☒ Marvel/DC/superhero vibes.
☒ Dog or wolf aspects in general.
☒ “Magic” with no explanation.
☒ Anything unoriginal.

Prizes (sorry I'm poor):
☢ Tier 1: ImageImageImage
☢ Tier 2: ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
☢ Tier 3: ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
☢ Each place 1st-3rd will choose 1 from Tier 1, 4 from Tier 2, and 4 from Tier 3.
☢ I will award honorable mentions with prizes as I feel appropriate.
☢ I will probably be giving something to everyone who enters, unless you have a super rare WL, or if your entry was a stick person, but I can't list anything specific due to site rules.

For the characters that receive prizes, I will be getting full rights. You can decide to keep your design AFTER you find out what place you won (including honorable mention). In this case you will not get a prize.
Last edited by Yaeli on Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yaeli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Contest: Character & Weapon Design

Postby Yaeli » Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:37 am

I DON'T HAVE THE PATIENCE FOR THIS, SO THIS CONTEST IS CLOSED. PROBABLY FOR GOOD.
Yaeli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me