🌈LGBTQ+ CS Pet Pride Collection!🌈

Make a topic here to show us a collection of your favorite pets from CS or other websites

Polyamorous and Polyplatonic

Postby piepinkpony » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:05 pm

Polyamorous Pride Flag:
A polyamorous person desires or engages in multiple romantic (and typically sexual) relationships with the consent of all the people involved. Jim Evans created the original polyamory pride flag in 1995. The blue bar represents honesty and openness among partners, while the red bar represents love and affection. The black bar represents solidarity with all people that have to hide their multi-lover partnerships from the rest of the world. There are many explanations for the pi symbol in the middle of the flag. However, the one that makes the most sense and is agreed upon but most people is that it stands for infinite love amongst partners.
Pets:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Updated Polyamorous Flag
Recently a new flag for Polyamorous people was created by Red Howell, and voted for by 30,827 polyamorous people. It takes the best of the original flag, including its colour symbolism, and improves on those elements of the Pi flag which alienated viewers. "A chevron points toward the opposite end of the flag, a symbol of growth and progress, and sits asymmetrically on the flag to reflect the non-traditional style of polyamorous relationships. The heart within reminds us that love in all forms is the core of non-monogamy. The chevron's white represents possibility—the blank canvas upon which every non-monogamous person creates and develops their individual relationships. Magenta stands for desire, love, and attraction. Slightly shifted from the red in the original flag, this design's magenta includes the addition of desire, which in many cases can be experienced without love nor attraction. Blue stands for openness and honesty, just like in the original Pi flag. Gold represents the energy and perseverance of those in the non-monogamous community. Purple represents a united non-monogamous community. Today's non-monogamous community includes and was preceded by People of the Global Majority—Black, Brown, Indigenous, and People of Color—whose cultural practices of non-monogamy were and have been historically unacknowledged, suppressed, ridiculed, or erased." Read more here: https://www.polyamproud.com/flag
Pets:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Polyplatonic Pride Flag
Suggested by: Armany
Polyplatonic is a form of non-monogamous relationship were one is capable of having queerplatonic relationship or other close platonic relationships with multiple people at once. Polyplatonic is identity is similar to polyamory but instead of having romantic relationships with the other people involved, it's queerplatonic relationships. This is not the same as having lots of friends. This label is commonly used by aro-spec people or others who are in or desire a QPR. While polyamory isn't inherently a romantic label polyplatonic can be useful as a way to say one is looking for a non-romantic polyamorous relationship. Polyplatonic may also be used as the platonic equivent to polysexual. Under this definition one can be platonically attracted to many, but not necessarily all, genders.

The creator of the flag is unknown, though it has been used since at least August 29, 2015. Green was chosen as the opposite of red which is a romantic color, and purple was chosen to be the opposite of the yellow pi symbol on the polyamory flag. The other colors do not have meanings and were chosen to resemble the polyamory flag.

Pets:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by piepinkpony on Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:07 am, edited 20 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Pride was a RIOT. Black lives matter! They/Them
Pride pets -->https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4351842
piepinkpony

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

LGBTQ+ Flowers

Postby piepinkpony » Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:42 am

There are certain flowers that are highly symbolic to the LGBTQ+ community, and I thought I'd share those alongside some beautiful flowery pets!

Green Carnation:
Writer and wit Oscar Wilde popularized wearing a green carnation as a gay symbol in 1892. He instructed his friends to wear them on their lapels to the opening of his comedy, Lady Windermere’s Fan. Subsequently, it became a coded symbol that a man was attracted to men.
Pets:

Violets
Turns out Sappho (c. 630-c.570), the Greek poet who lived on the island of Lesbos, often referenced violets in her ancient poems creating this association for female love. Girls frolicked adorned in garlands and had “many crowns of violets.”. A scandal occurred in 1926 when a female character in the play The Captive sent a bunch of violets to another female character. Literary scholar Sherrie Inness reported in the National Women’s Studies Association Journal that the theme of lesbianism in this play led to an uproar and calls for censorship. Subsequently, the New York City district attorney’s office shut down the production in 1927.Violet sales also plummeted as a result of the association.
Pets:

Lavendar
Lavender has been associated with both gay men and women.“Lavender boy” was a term used for gay men in the 1920s. A guy who had any characteristic not deemed masculine enough would be accused of having “a streak of lavender.”. For women, lavender became associated with lesbians wanting to be included in the women’s movement.
Pets:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Roses
Roses have long been associated with the LGBTQ+ community, but most recently roses have become a symbol for Trans Day of Remembrance. ‘Give us our roses while we’re still here’ has become the rallying cry of TDOR, in the hopes that the list of names will start getting shorter if trans women of colour are celebrated in their lives, rather than mourned. The phrase was popularized by B Parker and Micah Bazant’s artistic work with “Forward Together.” B Parker had to say about it, “Roses can be a symbol of friendship, love, and acknowledgement of achievement, but are often associated with mourning the loss of someone close to us. Reframing the giving of roses in relation to trans lives immediately lets people know that we want to be cherished and honoured while we walk the earth."
Pets:
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Pansies
“Pansy,” as well as the generalized “horticultural lad” were early twentieth century terms for “flamboyant gay men.” “Pansies” were in their heyday in the 1920s and 1930s in New York and many other major cities around the U.S. This was known as the “pansy craze,” a term coined by the historian George Chauncey.
Pets:

Lilly's
Within the Yuri Genre, lilies symbolize romance between two women. In fact, the word "yuri" (ゆり) translates to "lilies" in English. The term, and therefore the symbol, originates from a 1976 magazine article titled "Yuri."
Pets:
ImageImage
Last edited by piepinkpony on Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:55 am, edited 18 times in total.
piepinkpony

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Spare again

Postby piepinkpony » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:44 am

A bump and a spare
piepinkpony

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: LGBTQ+ Pride Collection!

Postby piepinkpony » Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:09 pm

Any suggestions for pets or flags to add?
piepinkpony

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MahiMahi » Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:54 am

I'm trans and my name is Nathan, so seeing that fox made me so happy.
Mahi/Kai/Nathan
they/he
Genderfaun/demiboy/transmasc
homosexual/flexible/bi
Interests: Markiplier, Animals, Anthropomorphic Animals, Shera, The Dragon Prince, DND, Schitt's Creek
MahiMahi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Armany » Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:57 am

piepinkpony wrote:Any suggestions for pets or flags to add?

Yes! polyplatonic flag!
Armany

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby piepinkpony » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:25 pm

MahiMahi wrote:I'm trans and my name is Nathan, so seeing that fox made me so happy.

I'm so glad!
piepinkpony

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby piepinkpony » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:27 pm

Armany wrote:
piepinkpony wrote:Any suggestions for pets or flags to add?

Yes! polyplatonic flag!

I've never heard of that one but I will be adding it soon now :)
piepinkpony

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Omiyage » Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:09 pm

Just wanted to say I loved seeing the pets attached to each flag, very visually pleasing.
I really enjoyed the flower section because of the 'yuri' mention!
Random music I change every few days: đŸŽ”đŸŽ¶
Icon Credit ✧ Greyscale Collection ✧ Souvenirs
Note to self: 。 °
Thank you to those who have so kindly gifted/traded me. ^^
Imageお期産Image
Omiyage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby THEHEARTKNOWSALL » Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:35 pm

お期産 wrote:

Just wanted to say I loved seeing the pets attached to each flag, very visually pleasing.
I really enjoyed the flower section because of the 'yuri' mention!

this thread is so cool ohemgee (replying to most recent thing in it)
THEHEARTKNOWSALL :)
THEHEARTKNOWSALL

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me