ARTIST APPS CLOSED. Lineart now available for general use!

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Wanna be a CS Artist? (LAST DAY TO APPLY)

Postby Eaglespirit » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:03 pm

angel23456 wrote:Question. Can we combine two artworks into one example image, like a collage kind of? I want to give more examples of my artwork, but don't have the room.

I can't imagine that would be a problem, especially if you mention its a collage in one of the text boxes. Wait for admin confirmation if you want to be sure though
Currently Collecting:
Cats- 8 Left - Lions - UR Lion
2013 - ??
All Advent List Pets - ??

Trades/Chicken$ stores
Rares For Trade
1C$ Each
2 For 1C$ 2C$ and Over
User avatar
Eaglespirit
 
Posts: 13986
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:05 pm
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Wanna be a CS Artist? (LAST DAY TO APPLY)

Postby All Might » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:19 pm

angel23456 wrote:Question. Can we combine two artworks into one example image, like a collage kind of? I want to give more examples of my artwork, but don't have the room.


I must admit I wonder this too.
Especially now down to the last bit of time. I can’t help but fret I somehow didn’t put the best foot forward..
—-
























    Image
    Image
    Image
    ┍━━━━━━━┑
    'your name hurts'
    If only I could stay
    delicate as the new day ;
    credit

    ┕━━━━━━━┙

























Image Image Image
Image Image Image
User avatar
All Might
 
Posts: 22311
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:44 am
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Wanna be a CS Artist? (LAST DAY TO APPLY)

Postby LordGhoul » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:16 pm

All Might wrote:
angel23456 wrote:Question. Can we combine two artworks into one example image, like a collage kind of? I want to give more examples of my artwork, but don't have the room.


I must admit I wonder this too.
Especially now down to the last bit of time. I can’t help but fret I somehow didn’t put the best foot forward..
—-

Seasonal wrote:
LordGhoul wrote:Can we do a second version of the litter using one of the other palettes and attach it to either the other files or keep it in the psd file on a layer (what would you prefer, if so)?

Tess said that you can color the templates again if you want to show off more designs, but we would highly recommend and prefer original artwork so that we can see your skill level.

So I guess offering more original art is much better.
User avatar
LordGhoul
 
Posts: 2950
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:57 am
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Wanna be a CS Artist? (LAST DAY TO APPLY)

Postby Zrcalo » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:42 am

LordGhoul wrote:
All Might wrote:
angel23456 wrote:Question. Can we combine two artworks into one example image, like a collage kind of? I want to give more examples of my artwork, but don't have the room.


I must admit I wonder this too.
Especially now down to the last bit of time. I can’t help but fret I somehow didn’t put the best foot forward..
—-

Seasonal wrote:
LordGhoul wrote:Can we do a second version of the litter using one of the other palettes and attach it to either the other files or keep it in the psd file on a layer (what would you prefer, if so)?

Tess said that you can color the templates again if you want to show off more designs, but we would highly recommend and prefer original artwork so that we can see your skill level.

So I guess offering more original art is much better.



I probably should have done that, but I wanted to fit in all my FR designs and items I've made. rip.
hopefully its good enough. tbh my virtual pet art looks better than my regular art. rip.
ImageImageImageImage
username on neopets: Gothed
ImageImageImageImageImage
username on FR: Zrcalo
User avatar
Zrcalo
 
Posts: 890
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:41 pm
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Wanna be a CS Artist? (LAST DAY TO APPLY)

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:01 am

My issue was I don't have enough new examples. All the newest ones are ones of other people's characters or simply things I'm not happy with.

Good luck everyone with their entries, be sure to get hose last minute edits in.
Always looking for animal eggs. Looking for store wig, pants, and shirt swaps.
Image
User avatar
Wookieinmashoo
 
Posts: 9787
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:19 am
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Wanna be a CS Artist? (LAST DAY TO APPLY)

Postby sweatea » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:06 am

I think I found this somewhere earlier so sorry for asking but theres gonna be a list of all the accepted artists in about a month or so right?
Image
digital artist - avid trader
────────────────────
love yourself daily <3
deviantart coding credit ❤︎
────────────────────
Image
────────────────────
Image

Image
User avatar
sweatea
 
Posts: 424
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:26 am
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Wanna be a CS Artist? (LAST DAY TO APPLY)

Postby Zeena » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:30 am

sweetea wrote:I think I found this somewhere earlier so sorry for asking but theres gonna be a list of all the accepted artists in about a month or so right?

Yes, there will be an announcement made once the artists have been selected. However the exact time for how long it might take to select the artists is unknown, though it usually takes quite a few weeks.
Image


....Image
............Image
............Image
...........Need help?About Me

..............................Image
User avatar
Zeena
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 6190
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:19 pm
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Wanna be a CS Artist? (CLOSING SOON)

Postby Tess » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:38 am

LordGhoul wrote:
Eaglespirit wrote:I'm curious how many applications have been submitted so far?

I came into this thread to ask about if they're gonna say how many applications they've got once it gets closed, you kind of beat me to it lol. My guess is hundreds but maybe I'm wildly misjudging, I've never been good at guessing games.

Most apps are for pet artist (over 300 applicants so far), less than 100 for item artist. (And some people applied for both)

It'll take a while to judge them all so please be patient with us :shock: :D

Wookieinmashoo wrote:My issue was I don't have enough new examples. All the newest ones are ones of other people's characters or simply things I'm not happy with.

Good luck everyone with their entries, be sure to get hose last minute edits in.

The best examples are anything that showcases your design skills :) so if you've created a character or an adoptable, that's a good thing to attach
User avatar
Tess
Admin
 
Posts: 14636
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:28 pm
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Wanna be a CS Artist? (LAST DAY TO APPLY)

Postby MySpoons » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:46 am

oh wow that's way more applications than I thought! Best of luck to everyone, and good luck to the staff for sorting through all of that~
Image
-------------------------------------
𝗠𝗢𝗢𝗗
struggling mar. 14

𝗔𝗗𝗢𝗣𝗧𝗦 [Masterlist]
𝗢𝗙𝗙 𝗦𝗜𝗧𝗘 [Trades]
-------------------------------------
-------------------------------------
Heya, I'm MySpoons!
Artist | World Builder

Ace | They/Them
Pup Parent to Teddy, SDIT

358 Pets Left
to a complete collection

Trades | Auctions
Collection Progress | Art Shop

ABOUT ME
-------------------------------------
User avatar
MySpoons
 
Posts: 11488
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:49 am
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Wanna be a CS Artist? (LAST DAY TO APPLY)

Postby LordGhoul » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:41 am

Wow, I thought correctly for once! Though I'm surprised there's not nearly as many item artists. I've applied for both and there's already so many ideas shooting through my head despite that I don't even know if I'll make it yet, and I keep questioning if I uploaded the right artworks as examples cuz I always feel like it doesn't really cover all that I can do, but I'm pretty excited regardless. Told myself no more editing now and just sit and patiently wait for however long it'll take.

I'm actually intrigued to see the works of the other people that applied, especially their item interpretations. I think that thread is going to be fun and its gonna be a nice bridge over the waiting time. :D
User avatar
LordGhoul
 
Posts: 2950
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:57 am
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests