starryafternoon's collection

Make a topic here to show us a collection of your favorite pets from CS or other websites

starryafternoon's collection

Postby starryafternoon » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:10 pm

i recently got back into this site and i was reminded how much i love some of my pets on here! i'll start this topic off with one i never get tired of looking at.

this is dragonscale, named so because the Chicken Smoothie name generator landed on it and it seems very fitting.

i love the details! there are a lot of subtle little glittery bits that make this pet interesting. but i can still make out the feathers on the wing at a glance. and the shape and distinctive blue on black are enough that i can identify it without having to focus too hard on the finer details.

i'm not that into pet rarity. i understand it's a big part of this site, and i do have to pay attention to certain aspects for trading. but i don't even think about it like i used to. maybe i've been in a lot of paperclip trades. but i've come out of every trade happy, and isn't that the point of playing a game like this?

i've always loved space themed stuff, especially when it isn't usually associated with space. you might have figured that out already, given my username. i also love five point stars in designs. maybe some other themes will become clear to me the more pets i post on here.

i guess another thing i may as well bring up for this topic: i am very light sensitive. since things are very bright for me, i can have a hard time making out details. i didn't realize there was a gem on this pet until i zoomed in quite a bit. i do like the pets with finer details. sometimes because my eyes make them seem more space themed at first. sometimes because the details all join together and i don't need to see any individual one that well to see the design.

✰ ✰ ✰

that seems like everything? aside from how i type i guess. why do i not capitalize the start of sentences? it just feels more natural to me.

that was a bit of a tangent. back to the topic!
✰ ✰ ✰

i'll be having a real time trying to figure out how to categorize my pets to post about them. i'm thinking i'll do it by similar designs and explain why i like them! also, since the names are always a part of the pet to me, i'll include talk about the name as well. if you've seen earlier version of this topic, you wouldn't have seen the names and reasons. why? they're all Chicken Smoothie generated names. i usually click the "Create a name for me" button (or its equivalent) several times before i'm satisfied, but i don't ever type the names myself.

if you want to talk about anything i write on here, feel free to PM me!

my reason for this is that i can easily see a conversation happening with a few degrees of separation from the one this forum is for. especially considering that in this introduction post for my topic about my adoptable pet collection, i brought up subjects that aren't 'adoptable pet collection'.

if you really want to post in here, please only do so if it's going to be at least partially on topic for my adoptable pet collection. this is so my topic adheres to the forum rules. for that same reason, if you want to talk about your adoptables, please don't have that be almost all of your post. if you have a lot to say, you can PM me the details and/or a link to your topic on here!
Last edited by starryafternoon on Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
starryafternoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

horse time

Postby starryafternoon » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:14 pm

i enjoy naming my pets on here. for some reason i didn't mention that when i originally made any of the three posts currently in this topic. here's an edit with the rundown:
the name troye just makes me think of horses for some reason. it feels like an earthy name.
using napkin as a name just makes me think of this horse's design on a napkin. it would be a bit fancy! Chicken Smoothie really has some good auto-generated names.
mcdonald is a good name for any number of animals commonly associated with farms. i have no issues with duplicate names, but i don't think this has actually happened to me yet.
i don't have any reasoning behind hawkscar except that it reminded me of one of my favourite characters and this horse has a similar colour scheme.
mr. fluffypants doesn't look fluffy. especially not his legs. i like ironic names when they're silly.

✰ ✰ ✰

these have a similar visual theme so i'll put them together. i know i mentioned before that often details are lost on me. i like pets that have designs like these ones. there are details, but they aren't individually important. for example, I don't need to see every green spot on the first horse to know that there are green spots on it's front and back. i don't need to know the exact colour of certain spots on any horse to see the effect of all those colours.

it's always interesting to go through my <3 group and see unintended themes among the pets i have there!
Last edited by starryafternoon on Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
starryafternoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

star cats

Postby starryafternoon » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:23 am

zanith is fun. it reminds me of the word zenith. that's a word used in astronomy, so it seems fitting for a starry cat!
curly is just a fun descriptor name. sure it doesn't look that curly, but i can picture this cat curling up. that would look quite striking with all those stripes!

✰ ✰ ✰

i love these designs so much!

stars? check.
space theme? check.
nice contrast? check.
easy to make out details? check!
starryafternoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

<3 dogs

Postby starryafternoon » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:50 pm

i got this lovely pet in a trade, so kanto might not have been a name i chose. but when i saw the name kanto, i immediately thought of the kanto region in the pokemon games. which made me think of leaf green. it's the first videogame i ever played, and i still have fond memories of it.
this pet is also named related to pokemon. articoonio is reminiscent of the pokemon articuno. when i saw it pop up in the name generator i paused and gave it thought. this pet has light blue in its design. and the blue parts on the body look almost sparkly because of how the white hearts are done. this reminded me of how the pokemon articuno appeared in the anime. with sparkles of ice coming from its tail.
a kestrel is a small falcon. i chose this name partly because kestrel sounds nice to me. and partly because of the imagery of a small bird with fast beating wings makes me think of an energetic cupid. which fits with the design of this pet!

✰ ✰ ✰

i used to have even more pink pets. i still really love pink for heart designs. and really any other distinct design, as you'll start noticing. i grouped these three together because they just feel related in design.
Last edited by starryafternoon on Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
starryafternoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

lines!

Postby starryafternoon » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:21 am

the theme this time is designs made of thin(er) lines! this is another of those instances where the fine details combine into a larger picture that i don't need to see individual parts clearly for. if anyone's been looking at my pets a bit ago, you probably noticed these were all named differently. it took me a while to name them, but they still hold a special place in my collection!

✰ ✰ ✰

ace sixx was auto-generated by the pound. (obviously with capitals. i don't say it all the time, but i change the pet names in here to lowercase.) it seems spacey and a bit like a sci-fi name. i can see this pet coming from another planet with tons of plants!
flaura is actually a name i came up with myself. this pet has a design very similar to ace sixx's. so it makes sense to me that they'd be related. so i was thinking 'what's a good name for a floral alien'?' and i decided to use a weird phonetic spelling.
aurora borealis isn't that creative of a name to come up with on my own. but i feel like it fits the atmosphere of this deer!
starryafternoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

a heartwarming duo

Postby starryafternoon » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:19 am

i got these two pets in the same trade! i love them dearly. i mentioned in "<3 dogs" that i love pink heart designs. i have a soft spot for heart designs in general. i really liked that these butterfly wolves had wings that didn't extend into a silhouette and instead had a heart where wings could sit.

✰ ✰ ✰

pandemic just seemed like a dark and gruesome pet at the time. and it kind of rings now, so i haven't changed it after all these years. i love the broken heart aspect of this pet. and the way this pet seems to have the exact same pattern as the pink one aside from that. i love when pets in a series are so clearly part of that series. i have a few more examples of this that i'm trying to hold back on posting all in a row.
appalosa didn't mean anything to me at the time, and it still doesn't now. it just felt like the right name for this pet. i love this pets design as part of the series, but i also love it on its own. i love pink pets. and there's something very soft and sweet about this one that has always made me happy to see it.

✰ ✰ ✰

i think next up i'll post about pets that i have mini hoards of! i don't plan to hoard things. most of the 'hoard' pets i have are from The Pound or gifts from users quitting.
starryafternoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me