The official Derpy Hooves (Ditsy Doo Ect.) fan club

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

The official Derpy Hooves (Ditsy Doo Ect.) fan club

Postby Wynd~ » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:56 pm

Whos's Derpy?- Derpy Hooves is a gray pegasus pony (and mail carrier) who became famous among the show's internet following due to having a googly-eyed, or "derpy" expression in the first episode. Starting with Feeling Pinkie Keen, the show's crew began giving the pony crossed eyes intentionally to give her a "derpy" expression, as a nod to the fans. The name Derpy has since been adopted for the character by the crew. Derpy Hooves gained a scripted-character status rather than an arbitrary background pony in season 2, and she is considered a "Where's Waldo"-type challenge for the fans. Derpy Hooves is the fan-given name of a gray pegasus background pony who became famous among the show's internet following due to having a cross-eyed, or "derpy" expression in the first episode. Starting with Feeling Pinkie Keen, the show's crew began giving the pony crossed eyes intentionally, as a nod to the fans. The name has since been adopted by the crew and by Hasbro.

Origin

Alert viewers noticed a googly-eyed pegasus in the series' first episode, standing in the crowd in Twilight Sparkle's welcoming party. After the image was captured and posted on 4chan's comics and cartoons board /co/, fans began speculating of the nature of this odd pony. Her name is derived from the slang term "derp", which is associated with someone behaving in a silly manner and is usually connected with crossed eyes.
Wall Eyes
The gray pegasus with a bubbles cutie mark was one of several background ponies, chosen from a palette and placed in the scenes on the whim of layout artists. At first the pony's face wasn't supposed to be visible in that particular scene, but a later layout change uncovered it.Jayson Thiessen, the supervising director of the show, stated that he noticed and was amused by her expression. Since Hasbro had already given the episode green light, he didn't order fixing Derpy's eyes.Thiessen relayed in a Q&A that he was so delighted after discovering popularity of Derpy that he requested altering Derpy's eyes in all episodes that hadn't been sent to the Hub yet.

NAME
Lauren Faust has acknowledged the fan following of Derpy. Before the name Derpy was used by the production crew, Faust stated that in one of the un-aired episodes at the time, Winter Wrap Up, there is a mention of a "featherbrained" pegasus named Ditzy Doo whose appearance is never established on-screen, and should Ditzy make an appearance the show may assign Derpy's design to her.

Even though background ponies have no official names, an animator from the Philippine studio working on the show said that Derpy was nicknamed Stoneface, Bubbles, Bubblehead, and Ditzy by the crew. Thiessen later relayed that the Canadian crew has adopted the name Derpy. Derpy is featured in her Nightmare Night paper bags costume in the Castle Creator flash game, with the file name for her asset containing the word "Derpy". A December 2011 update to the game contained another Derpy Hooves asset, wearing a reindeer cap and a red nose, this time with its file name containing the phrase "DH_definitely_canon". The day Hearth's Warming Eve aired, The Hub's Facebook page posted a message encouraging readers to "spot fan favorite Derpy" the episode.

Charity auction
Lauren Faust participated in a charity auction for the 2011 Japan relief effort by donating several of her My Little Pony Friendship is Magic production sketches. In addition to sketches drawn in 2008, she drew a new sketch of Derpy Hooves, which sold for 2,151 USD. The character was explicitly called Derpy Hooves by the auctioneer.

Merchandising
Officially licensed apparel sporting Derpy is available on WeLoveFine.com.

Depiction is series
Derpy first appears in the first episode of the series in the background of several scenes, and, as noted above, makes her googly-eyed appearance at Twilight Sparkle's welcoming party.
Derpy can be seen throughout the season trotting through a park, helping with storm preparations, participating in the Running of the Leaves, visiting Ponyville's market, and more. She is one of the ponies admiring Pinkie Pie's "baked bads" in Applebuck Season, delivering the line "muffins" among the crowd, along with two other ponies. She appears with intentionally crossed eyes in Feeling Pinkie Keen; when Twilight spies on Pinkie Pie, a series of objects falls on her head: a flower pot, an anvil, a cart of hay and finally a piano. A camera pan reveals that items were dropped by Derpy and her friend, who are hovering next to a movers' truck.
She appears in nineteen episodes of season one as a background character. For season two, she has gained a scripted-character status rather than an arbitrary background pony, and she is considered a "Where's Waldo"-type challenge for the fans.

In the remastered version of the opening sequence that is first used in Lesson Zero, she appears in the top window of the first train car. She is one of the ponies under the effects of Twilight Sparkle's spell on her doll, Smarty Pants, in Lesson Zero. When Princess Celestia removes the spell from everyone, Derpy finds herself fighting with the Mayor, and returns to her derped-face self. In the photo on the right here face is the same face shown in the very first episode of season one. In Luna Eclipsed, Derpy Hooves dressed in several brown paper bags and participates in Applejack's apple bob activity during Nightmare Night, however while bobbing for apples she accidentally pulls the plug causing all the water in the bob to go down the drain.

She makes a brief cameo in Sisterhooves Social among the crowd listening to Granny Smith's announcement. In The Cutie Pox, a wall-eyed pegasus filly with the same color scheme as Derpy appears briefly for one shot in the schoolyard, with most of her body obscured by Apple Bloom and another filly. Derpy herself makes an appearance in Twilight's book, wearing a snorkel. Derpy makes a brief appearance in the doorway to Fluttershy's chicken coop in May the Best Pet Win!, an episode otherwise devoid of background ponies.
In the Mysterious Mare Do Well, she is seen briefly among the crowd cheering after Rainbow Dash saves the old folks falling on the balcony.
In Sweet and Elite, she appears along with many other ponies during a shot in the song Becoming Popular (The Pony Everypony Should Know), wearing the same paper bag that was part of her costume in Luna Eclipsed, in addition to a pearl necklace. She appears from out of a well in Secret of My Excess.

In Hearth's Warming Eve, She pops out from behind the curtain to wave at the audience before the show. She walks a way sad afterwards when the Stage Manager stops her. At the end of the episode, she is seen talking with Sparkler.
ALL SCRIPT TAKEN FROM Mlp.wika.com

So.... since I say Derpy (sorry if some people think its offending) is awesome, i have disided to make a fan club. I am surprised to see no one has yet!

ok, one last thing,

Last edited by Wynd~ on Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:24 am, edited 4 times in total.

There are many stories
About the origins and forthcoming
of the end of the world.
I am not here to tell you all of them.

I am going to tell you only one,
The one I've witnessed.
-Hati, Off-White
Wynd~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Membahs

Postby Wynd~ » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:57 pm

Members:
1.Derpy Hooves (Wynd~)
2.Midnight And Aria
3.luxrayx
4.*Chaos*
5.Daring Do
10.[/color]
Last edited by Wynd~ on Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:38 pm, edited 5 times in total.

There are many stories
of the end of the world.

The one I've witnessed.
-Hati, Off-White
Wynd~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Fan Art

Fan Art and random pics:
Image-by *Chaos*
Image-by luxrayx
Image-By me (Derpy_Hooves, Wynd~)

Image-by luxrayx
Chicken Smoothie pets (dressed)
Last edited by Wynd~ on Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:18 am, edited 6 times in total.

There are many stories
of the end of the world.

The one I've witnessed.
-Hati, Off-White
Wynd~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Contests

Deadline: September 26

So this is pretty simple you can make whatever you want that has to do with Derpy, customs, plushies, comics, pictures or whatever. I choose the best and give you a prize. Grand prize is not garanteed to be presented. You get points based on what you do. You can have as many entries as ya' want. It can be a past thing you made, so if you are a cutom/ plushy maker or whatever, you could have already sent it off, just post a pic!

Custom ponies:
G4: 50 points
Blindbag/mcdonalds: 35 points
any other:10 points- 45 p

Plushies:
100 points

Comics and pics:
Digital:35 p
traditional:34p
Derpy in real world (real pic with derpy drawn on):45 p

Rules:
as many entries as you want
HAS to be yours

PRIZES!
Grand:may or may not be given out- Animation-or drawing OC pony in the show bg 5 pets/items
first: 3 pets from any group, very carefully (digatal) done drawing, 3 items, OC in show
second:2 pets, 1 item, traditional drawing
third: 1 pet 2 items
Enteries:

Daring Do: 80points- P6, 7
Grand Prize winner!!!
Last edited by Wynd~ on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:39 am, edited 7 times in total.

There are many stories
of the end of the world.

The one I've witnessed.
-Hati, Off-White
Wynd~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Banners and stuff

Postby Wynd~ » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:58 pm

Support your love for the ditsy pony!
Code: Select all
[URL=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=940718][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/H7pfK.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=940718&p=24473788#p24473788][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Cuf0a.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://www.mybannermaker.com/][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ZJZGk.gif[/IMG][/URL]

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=940718][img]http://www.iaza.com/work/120623C/iaza11656318065400.png[/img][/url]
- by *Chaos*

BUMP UP!

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/2uiyqo0.jpg[/IMG]
-By Luxrayx

[URL=http://www.mybannermaker.com/][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Fm5YF.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Last edited by Wynd~ on Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:07 am, edited 7 times in total.

There are many stories
of the end of the world.

The one I've witnessed.
-Hati, Off-White
Wynd~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Super huge bumps

Postby Wynd~ » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:58 pm

[URL=http://www.mybannermaker.com/][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ztFPt.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Last edited by Wynd~ on Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

There are many stories
of the end of the world.

The one I've witnessed.
-Hati, Off-White
Wynd~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The official Derpy Hooves (Ditsy Doo Ect.) fan club

Postby Wynd~ » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:13 pm

--
Last edited by Wynd~ on Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

There are many stories
of the end of the world.

The one I've witnessed.
-Hati, Off-White
Wynd~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wynd~ » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:30 pm

--

There are many stories
of the end of the world.

The one I've witnessed.
-Hati, Off-White
Wynd~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spock and Kirk » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:15 am

I will join. Is there a form? I did not see one?
{𝒦𝒾𝓇𝓀} ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

{ Sound designer | Screen Writer | Adult | Storyteller|Books
Funko pop enthusiast | Reading | Animal Lover | INTP }

Song | An awesome friend | Need help? | Pm me!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ {𝒮𝓅𝑜𝒸𝓀}
Spock and Kirk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wynd~ » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:01 am

--

There are many stories
of the end of the world.

The one I've witnessed.
-Hati, Off-White
Wynd~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery