KWCFC 📖 Kite's Writing Competitions Fan Club 📖

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: KWCFC 📖 Kite's Writing Competitions Fan Club 📖

Postby Rabbitheart » Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:22 pm

Username: Rabbitheart

Have you joined one of my writing competitions?: Not yet!

Do you plan on entering a future writing competition?: Yes! I’m planning on joining the latest one for Valentine’s!

Share a writing sample? (optional):
Just You - short, largely romantic story about 2 of my characters
In A Marshmallow World - wintery family feels sort of story

I’m mostly a romantic fluff writer, but I also enjoy writing family fluff and fluff in general too! My top 2 characters that I write stories for are my married JBD couple Amanda Lynn and Toothless, so there’s a high probability that you’ll “see” a lot of them lol
Rabbitheart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueEyedKite » Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:37 am

@Rabbitheart Accepted!

Would you believe me if I said I remember Toothless? I never applied for a JBD but I did admire the adopts. I distinctly remember the Toothless contest, congratulations on winning. What delightful circumstance I get to read stories surrounding the bean ^^ both your stories were delightful <3 You can't help but smile while reading them.
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rabbitheart » Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:01 am

BlueEyedKite wrote:@Rabbitheart Accepted!

Would you believe me if I said I remember Toothless? I never applied for a JBD but I did admire the adopts. I distinctly remember the Toothless contest, congratulations on winning. What delightful circumstance I get to read stories surrounding the bean ^^ both your stories were delightful <3 You can't help but smile while reading them.

Thank you so very much!!! QuQ

Also, I would completely believe you! That contest was a pretty big deal back then. I feel like if you weren’t entering yourself, you knew someone who was or had done art for someone who was lol Thank you so very much though! 💜💜 He and his wife are my most spoiled with literature (though I haven’t uploaded all of their stories to TH yet) lol They’re in what I like to call their ✨Fanfic Era✨ - which just means that I like to take them and put them in all sorts of different AUs and scenarios that you might find on a fanfic website (ex. soulmate AU, “there was only one bed” trope, etc.). However, I also mean this in the way where some people (typically friends) have started writing stories about them for me, which is positively delightful! 💜💜
Anyway, I’m so happy to hear that you enjoyed both of my stories!

And now… I get to answer some questions! *rubs hands together gleefully*

Do you like reading romance stories?
Yes!!!! They are… just about the only things I read these days? They’re sort of my go-to comfort read because (typically speaking), you know that no matter what happens, the two (or more!) individuals end up together. Maybe this is just indicative of the sort of romances that I like to read, but I prefer the ones with a happy ending 💜 I especially like healthy relationships and romances with comedy elements.

How do you go about writing a competition entry? What's your process?
I honestly just start writing and just keep going lol Once I have an idea of what story I want to tell, I just hit the ground running. There’s not too much planning outside of maybe the order of events or how I want to start and where/how I want the story to end.
I know, it’s not very helpful lol
Rabbitheart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TaffyYellow » Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:10 pm

Username: TaffyYellow

Have you joined one of my writing competitions?: not yet!

Do you plan on entering a future writing competition?: yes! maybe the latest one, but i'm not totally sure yet

Share a writing sample? (optional): i've written on other websites before, but not super comfortable sharing those accounts lol, but hopefully you can see some of my writing soon!!
TaffyYellow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby skrundle » Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:08 pm

Username:
    skrundle

Have you joined one of my writing competitions?:
    yes, the most recent one! (:
    (i'm not very used to using the share feature with google docs, so if someone could check my entry and let me know if my link is working, it would be much appreciated <3)

Do you plan on entering a future writing competition?:
    yeah!! competitions are one of the few things that actually motivate me to write sometimes loool

Share a writing sample? (optional):
    my most recent RP post:

“Alec, my dude! Way to go!” She fist bumped him, then set about prying her fingers under the cool metal handle. With some force, it began to open, the hinges whining noisily. Dust spilled into the air. Sophia stuck her nose under the collar of her shirt and peered into the drawer.

Half of the space was filled with manila folders and other loose papers, propped up on their sides. Sophia reached for a random one carefully, grabbing at the edges. It was stuck to the papers surrounding it, and as she pulled, she heard a faint tear. Not wanting to destroy anything potentially important, she dropped the page back down into the cabinet. That could wait.

Scattered about the other half of the drawer were various items: some pens and pencils, a single gold earring, a ball of string, a polished blue stone, a rusted gold chain with a locket at the end, and a small tray with some gauze and bandages.

“Ah! Good stuff.” Sophia grabbed the bandages and gauze and then, after a pause, grabbed the ball of string, too. “For the cat,” she told Alec, pocketing it.

She reached next for the blue stone, rolling it between her palms. It was miraculously cool to the touch. Flecks and swirls of brilliant cyan shone from within it. It mesmerized her, and she found herself unable to tear her gaze away. Its immaculate shine seemed to encapsulate her vision, filling the corners of her eyes, filling her head. Suddenly she felt cold, as though a brisk wind had ripped through to her bones. Prickles of ice formed in her stomach. A deep, sick, sense of dread dripped over her heart. Something was not right - and yet why couldn’t she just look away? Why couldn’t she move?

Sophia stared hard down at her trembling hands and forced her fingers to pry themselves open, to drop the stone. It slipped from her grasp and fell to the dirty carpet with an unceremonious thud.

Breathing hard, she turned to glance up at Alec. Perhaps he hadn’t noticed. She was shaking uncontrollably, unlike herself. That ugly, sick feeling had left her insides, but the chill remained. Wrapping her arms tightly around herself and rubbing her shoulders for warmth, she turned her attention back to the cabinet, trying to ignore the stone in her peripheral. “We’ll have to be delicate when examining these files. God knows how long they’ve been here.”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
jo | she/her | INFP

autistic adult, west coast USA
musician - flutist & pianist
i love cats, digital art, and miku
don't be shy! i don't bite ♥︎

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

skrundle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kalid » Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:06 am

Username:Kalid
Have you joined one of my writing competitions?: Yee
Do you plan on entering a future writing competition?: Yeee
Share a writing sample? (optional): I didnt know where else to host this but I swear its sfw. ao3

Currently considering making entirely new characters for this prompt since none of my existing oc ships are sailing right. Image

skrundle wrote:[list]Username:
skrundle

Have you joined one of my writing competitions?:
yes, the most recent one! (:
(i'm not very used to using the share feature with google docs, so if someone could check my entry and let me know if my link is working, it would be much appreciated <3)

Yes, it's working! One way I check is by testing my posted link by opening it in incognito mode. If the shared setting are wrong, google will make you sign in before the document loads. :)
ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
~~~~
Buying Unknowns
for 1FR gem each

~~~~
My Art Shop
~~~~
ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
Kalid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueEyedKite » Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:55 am

Lemme get caught up! And I bookmarked this thread so I won't miss replies :thumbup:

@Rabbitheart omg! I also have a couple in their fanfic era QuQ and I would be thrilled to death if my friends wrote about them. I am so glad your OCs are so spoiled ✨️

@TaffyYellow Accepted! Welcome :clap:

@skrundle Accepted! And I can indeed view your entry ^^ thanks for checking! Also, loved your writing sample! It lends to easy visualization, which is my favorite <3

@Kalid Also Accepted! And you get the nifty title of First Place Comp Winner next to your user :clap:

Announcement!!

It's been privately requested that my contest be extended. The new contest end date is Feb 7th at rollover
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ChristainAnimalLover » Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:05 pm

Username: ChristainAnimalLover

Have you joined one of my writing competitions?: Yep! And I had an absolute blast! I was so excited to see your comp, I love the idea and really hope it continues to do well <3

Do you plan on entering a future writing competition?: Absolutely! I look forward to stalking for prompts that get my creative juices flowing! (I wasn't planning on entering this round but actually, photos B & D are quite interesting.. 👀) I have like 80% of something for the previous comp(the autumn one) and am so excited to finish it up and find a suitable prompt to share it with!

Share a writing sample? (optional): I don't think I have much publicly posted, it's all on random Docs and in my head... I do have an old entry from a Closed Species Event and an adoption entry in an experimental style. That one was a lot of fun, I want to play in that style more.
And I'll add
my entry to your first comp, because I'm proud of it and why not? XD

How do you go about writing a competition entry? What's your process? Pretty boring really, I usually just mull it over and wrestle for an idea for like most of the duration of the comp, then sit down and wrangle words in the last couple days. I don't have much of a drafting period, it's just. go. Then I proofread and usually send it to my bestie for a oneceover also. Fix any errors and sometimes add more and then I'm done.

What are your writing tips? Umm... don't fight your characters. Let them do what they want, sometimes you just need to get it out and then they'll cooperate. Don't be afraid to delete either. All progress is progress, even it's shrinking the word-count.
Bestie shared this with me so now I type in a slightly "handwriting-y" font. I haven't noticed much of a difference personally, but my bestie says it works and it makes sense in my head so.. why not? Plus, I just like the way it looks. Not really a tip, just a preference, but I also don't type in black typically, I use a medium grey.
Last edited by ChristainAnimalLover on Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

female . she/her . INFP
USA . Christian . Night Owl
Artist . Writer . Reader
Image Image Image

Toyhou.se

DeviantArt

[url=*]Carrd[/url]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Credits: pfp | space divider | leaves | left art | right art | moon | </>
ChristainAnimalLover

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby daybreak. » Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:09 am

Username: daybreak.

Have you joined one of my writing competitions?: I did! Yesterday c:

Do you plan on entering a future writing competition?: Absolutely. I've been challenging myself to practice writing by doing a bit of it every day, and I really want to push myself to do more narrative writing.

Share a writing sample? (optional): Well there's my entry for the contest, and there's also this short little poem I wrote last year that I am really proud of c:
daybreak.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby skrundle » Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:32 pm

daybreak. wrote:Username: daybreak.

Have you joined one of my writing competitions?: I did! Yesterday c:

Do you plan on entering a future writing competition?: Absolutely. I've been challenging myself to practice writing by doing a bit of it every day, and I really want to push myself to do more narrative writing.

Share a writing sample? (optional): Well there's my entry for the contest, and there's also this short little poem I wrote last year that I am really proud of c:

omg your poetry sample... it takes a lot for poetry to impress me but WOW that is beautiful, i think i've read it over at least ten times now because it's somehow exactly what i needed to hear in this moment ;-; like genuinely i want to frame it and paste it on my wall. SO beautiful.

and your comp entry too! *chefs kiss* your writing style is just ugh i'm sorry to be obsessive but i really love it c':

jo | she/her | INFP

autistic adult, west coast USA
musician - flutist & pianist
i love cats, digital art, and miku
don't be shy! i don't bite ♥︎

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

skrundle

My pets
My items
My wishlist